When are republican going to kill wind and solar?

They don't have to. The market will decide where and if wind and solar belongs in the market.

Already has made that decision. And both are growing by double digit compound numbers every year. And as grid scale storage comes online, will expand even faster.

Already has made that decision. And both are growing by double digit compound numbers every year. And as grid scale storage comes online, will expand even faster.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Yep. It's similar to cars. I'll consider an electric vehicle when i get the same range and duration as an ICE vehicle, and when it takes me just as long to charge it as it takes me to fill my gas tank. (12 gallon tank, total time around 5 minutes with paying and such).

Texas City Leads The Way On Renewable Energy

DALE ROSS: I don't think they're ever going to accuse Georgetown of being the next Berkeley (laughter).

SHAPIRO: Georgetown, Texas, population 50,000. The mayor is Dale Ross. We're about 30 miles north of Austin.

ROSS: Austin's phrase is, you know, keep Austin weird. Now, what we say is, Austin, keep your weird.

SHAPIRO: Mayor Ross wears a lapel pin from Trump's inauguration. He's sitting on a park bench in Georgetown's historic town square.

ROSS: You know, it is the greatest city on planet Earth.

ROSS: So I think people all over the country wonder, how is it that such a red city like Georgetown, such a conservative place, was one of the first cities in the country to be powered 100 percent by renewable energy?

ROSS: You know, because it's our love of green - green rectangles and green energy.

SHAPIRO: (Laughter) Green rectangles meaning dollar bills.

ROSS: Yes, so - yeah, if you got an Andrew Jackson or a Benjamin Franklin on - well, I prefer, you know - Benjamin Franklin's my favorite. But really with the first and foremost, it was a business decision.

Damn those hyper liberal Texans!

Texas City Leads The Way On Renewable Energy

DALE ROSS: I don't think they're ever going to accuse Georgetown of being the next Berkeley (laughter).

SHAPIRO: Georgetown, Texas, population 50,000. The mayor is Dale Ross. We're about 30 miles north of Austin.

ROSS: Austin's phrase is, you know, keep Austin weird. Now, what we say is, Austin, keep your weird.

SHAPIRO: Mayor Ross wears a lapel pin from Trump's inauguration. He's sitting on a park bench in Georgetown's historic town square.

ROSS: You know, it is the greatest city on planet Earth.

ROSS: So I think people all over the country wonder, how is it that such a red city like Georgetown, such a conservative place, was one of the first cities in the country to be powered 100 percent by renewable energy?

ROSS: You know, because it's our love of green - green rectangles and green energy.

SHAPIRO: (Laughter) Green rectangles meaning dollar bills.

ROSS: Yes, so - yeah, if you got an Andrew Jackson or a Benjamin Franklin on - well, I prefer, you know - Benjamin Franklin's my favorite. But really with the first and foremost, it was a business decision.

Damn those hyper liberal Texans!

Actually I thought it was the liberals in Central and Western Kansas leading the way. Fastest growing wind energy in the US (even working on a proposal to sell energy to those Californians), and Greensburg Kansas is the only town with 100% of their gov't buildings all built to LEED Platinum Standards for energy savings.

That's the funny thing. It's the Republican states where the wind energy is booming. Billions into Kansas, Iowa, Texas, South Dakota, Idaho, Oklahoma, rural Colorado....

Forum List

Back