When America was American...

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Would media have published an unsourced Op-Ed such as this one?
Would citizens have been offended by the POTUS using phrases such as “Americans First”?
Did citizens have to be told not to stage a protest during the national anthem?
Did people need to be told that it was inappropriate for men to shit next to little girls?
I could add to this list all day long....Why do bad people wonder why good people tend to be traditionalists?

Would citizens have been offended by the POTUS using phrases such as “Americans First”?
Did people need to be told that it was inappropriate for men to shit next to little girls?
I could add to this list all day long....Why do bad people wonder why good people tend to be traditionalists?

You seem to have missed Jim Crow laws, denial of gay men and women to serve in our nation armed forces, the time before amendments to COTUS gave voting rights to all citizens, even women, the Lily Ledbetter Law, labor relations acts, Miranda Rights, gay rights, etc.

Something traditionalists, aka, reactionaries, seem to want, i.e. a return of America into what it was before the Civil War.

You seem to have missed Jim Crow laws, denial of gay men and women to serve in our nation armed forces, the time before amendments to COTUS gave voting rights to all citizens, even women, the Lily Ledbetter Law, labor relations acts, Miranda Rights, gay rights, etc.

Something traditionalists, aka, reactionaries, seem to want, i.e. a return of America into what it was before the Civil War.

Damn!
I’m guessing all of that is true because you say it is...right?

Gays SHOULDN'T be able to serve in the armed forces.

Jim Crow laws pre 1960s are equivalent to Affirmative Action policies post-1960s, with the beneficiaries and victims reversed.

Voting rights need to be restricted to CITIZENS, as it was before massive illegal immigration swamped the country.

Jim Crow laws pre 1960s are equivalent to Affirmative Action policies post-1960s, with the beneficiaries and victims reversed.

Voting rights need to be restricted to CITIZENS, as it was before massive illegal immigration swamped the country.

Sadly for you, goody for me, you've proved to be a Reactionary. For the record, AA didn't lynch anyone, nor did gays dishonor the military. As for non citizens voting, herein are the requirements in CA:

In order to be eligible to vote in the state of California, you must be:
  • A citizen of the United States.
  • A California resident.
  • 18 years old or older on Election Day.
  • Not currently in prison or on parole for a felony conviction. ...
  • Not found to be mentally incompetent by a court.
You ought to inform yourself, it might make something you post, one day, maybe, credible.

:lmao:

Been forced to go to the whites section of a restaurant lately? Been made to use a whites only bathroom? Maybe you went to a barber and were told they don't serve whites?

"Equivalent to Affirmative Action policies..." :rofl:

When was America American? It's pretty hard to answer the questions if one doesn't know exactly what period you are talking about.

Sadly for you, goody for me, you've proved to be a Reactionary. For the record, AA didn't lynch anyone, nor did gays dishonor the military. As for non citizens voting, herein are the requirements in CA:

• A California resident.
You ought to inform yourself, it might make something you post, one day, maybe, credible.
YOU should inform YOURself. In California, as in all 50 states, there is nothing to stop illegal aliens from voting. No state has PROOF of CITIZENSHIP requirements. Did you think illegal aliens would not vote just because it's illegal ?

Well, we all know how scrupulous illegal aliens are about obeying US laws, right ? (Pheeeew! high-pitched whistle, :rolleyes:

As for AA, it didn't lynch anyone, but it ruined entire lives of millions of white people, and gays simply don't belong in a place where soldiers shower together. My having to tell you this, is an example of modern liberal stupidity and lunacy.

you are so full of shit you make me want to wipe my screen off with kleenex cottonelle.

you're taking a very small % of an overall situation and trying to sell it as a vast majority.

stop being intentionally dense.

Good thing the founding fathers were liberal

No?

Once again you miss the point how low did the news media go to post crap.like this?

Lou Grant is spinning in his grave right now in television heaven

• A California resident.

Says the uniformed ..

Non-citizens legally register to vote in San Francisco school elections

When was America American? It's pretty hard to answer the questions if one doesn't know exactly what period you are talking about.

Pre 1980-ish ring any bells?

Nixon? Viet Nam?

Oh please, so Trump is traditionalist?
You jerks have been touting his "counter punch" because he can't handle criticism and ignore critics.
You jerks have kept repeating that he's not a politician, someone who normally gets elected POTUS, and that's good.
You jerks have continually said Trump is breaking norms and that's OK, too.
So you elect a t.v. reality star to the highest office in the land and now complain that America isn't America any more.
Cry me a fucking river.
The fish rots from the head.

So, the NYT OP-ED has got you worked up, I see. That is too bad, because we, here in America, have something called The First Amendment. Either you like the right of freedom of speech, or you do not.
Which is it?

So for more than 40 years America has not been American? Gotcha.

Of course, as bodecea pointed out, in the 60s you had the Vietnam War, and protests related to it, which included things like flag burning. I expect those citizens would have been perfectly happy to stage protests during the National Anthem, to answer that one question.

Nixon? Viet Nam?

Sure, there were many things that citizens had a difference of opinion about. BUT overall they were likeminded, first world minded, spoke the same language and their core belief systems intersected. You starting to get it?

I consider freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom to peaceably protest to be very American.

So for more than 40 years America has not been American? Gotcha.

Of course, as bodecea pointed out, in the 60s you had the Vietnam War, and protests related to it, which included things like flag burning. I expect those citizens would have been perfectly happy to stage protests during the National Anthem, to answer that one question.

“Sure, there were many things that citizens had a difference of opinion about. BUT overall they were likeminded, first world minded, spoke the same language and their core belief systems intersected. You starting to get it?”

I consider freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom to peaceably protest to be very American.

Cool story...most do. So?

Forum List

Back