When All Things Go Wrong, Who Do You Turn To??

Have you ever had a near death experience?

Does this have a point of some kind?

Let me take a wild guess here... "Sometimes life sucks. Also dying is scary. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a super powerful being who could magically make it all better? Therefore god exists."

Is it supposed to go something like that?

Let me take a wild guess here... "Sometimes life sucks. Also dying is scary. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a super powerful being who could magically make it all better? Therefore god exists."

Maybe the intent was just to talk about what others do when things fall apart. Some seek God, some don't. It is interesting to know how people cope.
This is the thread on religion, so what is your beef if someone wants to talk about God, His existance, or His work in the lives of people. If you don't like that, fo to another topic.

By the way, god is awesome, and He has brought me through some amazing things. Each time I was blessed far more than I was injured.

and if you didn't see anything, that's 'the outer darkness'

:lol:

Maybe the intent was just to talk about what others do when things fall apart.

Nope. The Title, perhaps, but not the op. The OP is about NDEs

Maybe the intent was just to talk about what others do when things fall apart. Some seek God, some don't. It is interesting to know how people cope.
This is the thread on religion, so what is your beef if someone wants to talk about God, His existance, or His work in the lives of people. If you don't like that, fo to another topic.

By the way, god is awesome, and He has brought me through some amazing things. Each time I was blessed far more than I was injured.

I have no beef at all if people want to talk about it. It's why I'm here. And amazingly enough, it's what I was doing with all those words I just typed and that I am even now typing more of.

Speaking of talking about it, care to elaborate on any specifics of exactly how "god brought you through" anything in particular?

Anne Marie
Yep, fell through the emergency room door at the hospital when I was 23. Had chicken pox. The pox had gone into my lungs and intestines. When I awoke they told me they did a blood check. Then they told me I did not have enough oxygen in my blood to support life. The old doctor their would take me into a room each day and show me the x-rays of my lungs. He described what the x-rays should look like, a nice soft gray color, mine were solid dark dark gray. Each day for more than a week a few lighter gray spots would be on the x-ray films as the pox inside my lungs went away.

Another doctor three four days before I had fell through the emergency room doors had sent me home to die, called my mom to come get the children since of course I was at deaths door and could not properly watch them. He made that decision to send me home to die after I told him I did not have any insurance. Even though the local hospital was built with federal money and would have cared for me insurance, money or no money.

I asked God at one point during all the puking (the pox were in my stomach too) and fever and crawling to the bathroom, "Can't we just get this all over with, we both know I am worthless?"

A couple very good friends came to see me that day. They were leaving the state for a few days and stopped in to check on me. Bill told me "baby you are dying". Evelyn told me "you can't just give up." I was so tired of a life of abuse plus I had been told I was worthless for years and was so sick I did not care at that point. They threaten to call an ambulance if I was not at a doctors or in the hospital when they would return to check on me at 4:00 pm before they left town. I decided that was all I needed was another bill I could not pay. After they left I fell back asleep. I awoke to recalling a dream/vision. The vision was God's way of letting me know if I gave up where I would spend the rest of the days until judgment day. I was shown the sea of darkness. It was a place where there are no feelings, nothing good nothing bad, just emptiness, a nothingness, no emotions at all. More to it than that but that was the part that got to me. I told Him okay I got it, no I don't wanna go there.

I crawled down the stairs to the car. I could not recall starting the car. I could recall parking in the parking lot at the hospital but could not recall the whole drive there. I had been running a fever of a 102 to 106 for at least a week.

Did it ever occur to you that you dreamed what you were familiar with. You didn't dream of Elisum, though many may have in the past, because you did opt grow up where tales of Elysium were told to comfort youth before death

JB, you remind me of a little prickish man we know. I listened to his shit for months badgering me each day about my faith or my beliefs and his claims of God being cruel. I was physically sick and extremely stressed. This guy had one of the nastiest little spirits in him I have seen. You remind me of him at times. One day he started his bashing by telling me it was my job to save him. He went on about my duties as a Christian to convert him. He even went as far as to get within inches of my face while he screamed at me. I had ignored him and ignored him. I listened to all his slams about women and you name it. I told him, "It's not my job to save you, convince you or convert you". Then after the in my face night I prayed, "God shut him up! I can stand that little prick anymore." I was so angry after the in your face incident I shook. It took everything I could muster not to reach out and choke him. The next morning I was sitting at my computer typing a legal doc for the supreme court here and this came in and sat across the table from me. He was drinking his coffee for the morning also. He must have got some down his wind pipe as he started choking. He was on the floor choking. I just kept my eyes on the computer screen. After he was done choking he told me, "You were just going to let me die. You did not even try to help me." I told him "not my job". He was whining to Rod when Rod came in how I had just let him choke and did nothing to help him. Rod looked at me like what did you do? I repeated what I had said before, "It's not my job to save your ass, if God wants to save you He will." Rod laughed. See that is the way it is JB. If God wants to save you He will. It is not my job to convince you or to show you or to prove to you my God. God is perfectly capable of doing that Himself if He desires to do that.

He must have got some down his wind pipe as he started choking. He was on the floor choking. I just kept my eyes on the computer screen. After he was done choking he told me, "You were just going to let me die. You did not even try to help me." I told him "not my job".

The Holy Spirit in action.... you'rea a testament to the glory of your god, the kindness of your messiah, and the spirit at work in you...

He must have got some down his wind pipe as he started choking. He was on the floor choking. I just kept my eyes on the computer screen. After he was done choking he told me, "You were just going to let me die. You did not even try to help me." I told him "not my job".

The Holy Spirit in action.... you'rea a testament to the glory of your god, the kindness of your messiah, and the spirit at work in you...
You can take it however you like. He did not die. He did though suffer in the flesh. Tsk, tsk. That is the way it works. Only you claim that was the Holy Spirit in action. Then you have claimed also what is a "spirit". Make up your mind is there a Holy Spirit or not? Can you even decide? Or will you just continue to blow smoke?

Forum List

Back