Wheat supplies are in question because of stagnating yields, disease, climate change

R

rdean

Yields are not keeping up with a world growing hungrier. Crops are stunted in a world grown warmer. A devastating fungus, a wheat "rust," is spreading out of Africa, a grave threat to the food plant that covers more of the planet's surface than any other.

"I used to have a very, very bumper crop, a healthy crop. Now I'm getting very, very poor performance": 20 percent less grain, he said, as the wheat matures too quickly in rising temperatures.

Since July, when traders saw a historic heat wave devastating Russia's crop, prices on the world's wheat exchanges have shot up 50 percent. Corn and other grains rose in lockstep.

Scientists believe Ug99 inevitably will reach the breadbaskets of south Asia and beyond. U.S. soldiers returning from the region might unwittingly bring home spores in their clothing or gear.

'Staff of life' wavers under weight of humanity - World news - Americas - msnbc.com

This is laughable. Ask right wingers. It's not true. None of it. They know. They aren't those dumb scientists. Right wingers have God. God will save us, except HE doesn't have to. Why? Because there is no such thing as "global warming". It doesn't exist. It's just not real.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Republican Party in the United States is the only political party in the world that does not acknowledge global warming.

Think about that.

Gay marriage will destroy every family in America. They were right about that.

The Republican Party in the United States is the only political party in the world that does not acknowledge global warming.

Think about that.

That is very strange. This is why other countries see them as "dangerous". Once in power, they have the means to affect the world and with "God" on their side, they are just as extreme and radical as any extreme Muslim. Iraq proves that.

I could recommend that they switch to corn by enviro-wackos' want to to make that into fuel.

Imagine that: Stop drilling for oil which is a fuel source, then burn your food for fuel instead. It's very strange. :confused:

I have an idea! While we're burning food why don't we drink oil? It is 100% natural with no trans fats you know. "Light Sweet Crude" sounds pretty yummy!

I could recommend that they switch to corn by enviro-wackos' want to to make that into fuel.

Imagine that: Stop drilling for oil which is a fuel source, then burn your food for fuel instead. It's very strange. :confused:

Actually, those left wing wackos want to convert to solar, and nuclear, and wind. And the reason? To stop sending billions of dollars to middle eastern terrorists who hands that money eventually ends up in.

Of course, it takes those left wing wackos to invent that stuff. Smart ass right wingers are simply too fucking stupid. Right wingers aren't into science. They are not into education. What are they into? Hating the black guy in the "WHITE" House and poking fun at the very people who will save their fat asses. I think that's hilarious.

Actually, those left wing wackos want to convert to solar, and nuclear, and wind. And the reason? To stop sending billions of dollars to middle eastern terrorists who hands that money eventually ends up in.
When was the last Nuke Plant built? Enviro-Nazis like you hate Nuke Power remember? Solar and Wind are great, but if you need power something for more than 20 minutes you have to look for alternatives. Get a brain moran!

Plenty of non muslim middle east terrorist oil here.
Of course, it takes those left wing wackos to invent that stuff. Smart ass right wingers are simply too fucking stupid. Right wingers aren't into science. They are not into education. What are they into? Hating the black guy in the "WHITE" House and poking fun at the very people who will save their fat asses. I think that's hilarious.
If you eggheads are so smart then why haven't you made Solar and Wind a viable alternative to oil? Because you can't, that's why. Don't blame some "evil conspiracy" by the oil companies for your own failures faggot.

--->Bush is more popular than Obama<---.

Maybe he can be in Obamas' Cabinet and maybe save his Presidency? Name him "Economy Czar" or "Dat Dere Money Stuff Czar". Imagine that: The guy that you libruls all made fun of because he choked on a pretzel would save Obamas incompetent ass. You can't write em better than that!

Oh and Laura Bush is much better looking than that fat fuckin' Wookie Michelle too.

Think about that.

Glad to hear than there is one party NOT mystified by Warmist BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about that.

Nobody cares about global warming anymore s0n. Well..........lets say this.......they're interested and find it compelling, until people realize the cost is prohibitive ( only mental cases think its OK that their electric bill double's).

Every poll clearly shows that when it comes to having you wallet taken over global warming, voters say this..............

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Anyway......these threads are now officially irrelevant, unless you want to shoot the shit on science stuff. The carbon credit k00k legislation is like this here s0ns.............

sinking_ship_cartoon-2.jpg

Yields are not keeping up with a world growing hungrier. Crops are stunted in a world grown warmer. A devastating fungus, a wheat "rust," is spreading out of Africa, a grave threat to the food plant that covers more of the planet's surface than any other.

"I used to have a very, very bumper crop, a healthy crop. Now I'm getting very, very poor performance": 20 percent less grain, he said, as the wheat matures too quickly in rising temperatures.

Since July, when traders saw a historic heat wave devastating Russia's crop, prices on the world's wheat exchanges have shot up 50 percent. Corn and other grains rose in lockstep.

Scientists believe Ug99 inevitably will reach the breadbaskets of south Asia and beyond. U.S. soldiers returning from the region might unwittingly bring home spores in their clothing or gear.

'Staff of life' wavers under weight of humanity - World news - Americas - msnbc.com

This is laughable. Ask right wingers. It's not true. None of it. They know. They aren't those dumb scientists. Right wingers have God. God will save us, except HE doesn't have to. Why? Because there is no such thing as "global warming". It doesn't exist. It's just not real.

:eusa_boohoo:

Am I going to have to live through more years of doomsayers about the population bomb? That whole meme is totally discredited, along with the global cooling one that brought it on last time. Grow up.

Forum List

Back