Wheat foodstuff

I quit all wheat and gluten products 9 months ago. As an athlete it has helped me tremendously. No more sore joints, bloat, gas, and lethargy. I have more energy, my joints don't ache anymore, bloat is gone and haven't had gas pains in months.

I highly recommend a wheat and gluten free diet. Another true story involves my girlfriend. Just over a year ago she was diagnosed with a auto-immune disease (Hashimoto's) Went to see another doctor who specializes in curing the body from the inside out because she didn't want to be on drugs the rest of her life. The doctor did a food allergy tests on her and found that she was extremely allergic to Gluten. Not celiac though, just very allergic.

The doctor put her on a gluten free diet and she followed it to a T. Just last month she was tested again to see how the numbers were for her auto-immune and she's cured. Gone! No more Hashimoto's

People don't realize that food allergies and wheat products are horrendous for our health. I'd be willing to bet a majority of disease is caused from food allergies that people are not even aware of having.

Maybe that is the big reason for my good health. I don't eat much...:lol: And what I do eat, is healthful, as far as science knows now, and as of this post. :lol:

Good for you and your woman, C_K. :thup: I admire people who take control of their health and try to work with their body's efforts instead of against them.

Agreed Aqua. If someone has a problem and making changes helps I say go for it.

And Gracie it doesn't matter if you are eating Gluten or not. If you are 'stuffing your face' with more calories than you burn that is why you are fat.

Agreed Aqua. If someone has a problem and making changes helps I say go for it.

And Gracie it doesn't matter if you are eating Gluten or not. If you are 'stuffing your face' with more calories than you burn that is why you are fat.

Um, Politico? I am not fat. Where did you get that assumption?

Being gluten free is not that bad. No pasta. No bread. Read labels on sauces, etc (Sweet Baby Ray's BARBQUE sauce is GF). I don't miss the pasta. I don't miss cakes and pie crusts (except I miss it on peach cobbler) and cookies. I can eat all the meat I want, veggies, fruits. Just takes some getting used to in your taste buds and mind cravings. Your body will thank you for NOT giving in.

For snacks..I chow on doritos cool ranch. Gluten free. For cereal, I love Rice Chex or Honey Nut Chex...GF.
People are waking up. So are food distributers. I ragged on Ralphs for so long, they finally started carrying just a little bit of it. Now? It's ALL over their store...everywhere. No more spending high prices at specialty health food stores. I told Ralphs in an email "do you realize how many people go to health food stores and spend A LOT of money and you could tap in to that market??" and they finally got the lightbulb over their head and did it.

Isn't it possible you lost 40 pounds because you cut out pasta, white bread, cakes and pies, cookies, etc.? I was dating a man for a while who supposedly had a gluten allergy. He just ate a lot of corn flakes and bread and other things made from rice flour. He didn't lose any weight (and he needed to).

I don't think it is gluten that is the issue as far as weight. If you eat a diet full of starches and sweets, you will have a weight problem. If you cut out eating a lot of bread, pasta and pastries, you will lose weight.

Granny, if wheat is the only ingredient you can get, I mean, when you make a meal only with water, salt and wheat, I believe that each one who is fortunate to eat that one meal would never get additional weight ... don't I? Therefore, it's not wheat flour that makes you fat, it's a kind of food which made from sugar, cream/fat and wheat flour ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back