What's your three wishes?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
OK. Here's the deal. You are walking down the beach and you find an old bottle. You pick it up and give it a rub to better see it and immediately upon doing so, there's a loud thunderous boom, a flash of lightening, and low and behold, standing right in front of you is Harold, the Genie. He is thankful that you freed him from the bottle and has granted you three wishes. What would your three wishes be?

My three wishes would be:
(1) No matter what it is I wanted to buy, I would always have the exact amount of money for it in my pocket.

(2) Complete peace and harmony throughout the entire world. I'm tired of all the bitching and moaning from the various countries.

(3) Perfect health for myself and my wife.

That's my three wishes. What would yours be?

A black bloke was looking around the market when he saw a copper watering can. He thinks if I polish this dirty can I can sell it for several times more than I paid for. He haggles and gets a very good buy. Takes it back to his pad and starts to polish the can with brasso. A puff of smoke comes out followed by a Genie. The Genie says 'I can grant you three wishes but be careful, they are very strong ones.' The black guy says 'I want to be white.' In a flash he is white. He says, 'Man I never want to work again;' flash and he is black. 'Hey man get it right this time listen, I want to be white and surrounded by pussy;' Genie turned him into a Tampon.

OK. Here's the deal. You are walking down the beach and you find an old bottle. You pick it up and give it a rub to better see it and immediately upon doing so, there's a loud thunderous boom, a flash of lightening, and low and behold, standing right in front of you is Harold, the Genie. He is thankful that you freed him from the bottle and has granted you three wishes. What would your three wishes be?

(1) No matter what it is I wanted to buy, I would always have the exact amount of money for it in my pocket.

(2) Complete peace and harmony throughout the entire world. I'm tired of all the bitching and moaning from the various countries.

Would that include taxes?

1. The Exclusionary Rule as a legal principle will be expunged. All evidence is to be used in determining guilt. A commission will then determine any punishment for law officers who infracted the prisoners’ rights in obtaining same.

2. The number eleven will now be referred to as ‘onety- one’.

3. Having gotten out of hand, the size of popcorn containers in movie theatres will be strictly regulated.

1. The Exclusionary Rule as a legal principle will be expunged. All evidence is to be used in determining guilt. A commission will then determine any punishment for law officers who infracted the prisoners’ rights in obtaining same.

3. Having gotten out of hand, the size of popcorn containers in movie theaters will be strictly regulated.

:rofl: That is very funny, PC! Numbers 2 and 3.

Number 1............?

:eusa_eh: You're against the 4th amendment?

The principle based on federal Constitutional Law that evidence illegally seized by law enforcement officers in violation of a suspect's right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures cannot be used against the suspect in a criminal prosecution.

The exclusionary rule is designed to exclude evidence obtained in violation of a criminal defendant's Fourth Amendment rights. The Fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable searches and seizures by law enforcement personnel. If the search of a criminal suspect is unreasonable, the evidence obtained in the search will be excluded from trial.

The exclusionary rule is a court-made rule. This means that it was created not in statutes passed by legislative bodies but rather by the U.S. Supreme Court. The exclusionary rule applies in federal courts by virtue of the Fourth Amendment. The Court has ruled that it applies in state courts although the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.(The Bill of Rights—the first ten amendments— applies to actions by the federal government. The Fourteenth Amendment, the Court has held, makes most of the protections in the Bill of Rights applicable to actions by the states.)
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Exclusionary+Rule

Last edited:

3. Having gotten out of hand, the size of popcorn containers in movie theatres will be strictly regulated.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'd rep you again if I could PC. Too funny.

1. I wish I were 3-4 inches taller. This would be a 'sometimes' wish because I only wish it when I can't reach something and need to get a stool to stand on.

2. I wish they could determine the reason why my mom has lost 25 lbs over the past two years or so and looks like hanging flesh on a skeleton. Oh and while they're at it, find a cure for rheumatoid arthritis.

3. I wish my house was just a wee bit bigger surrounded by lots and lots and lots of land and I had endless access to whatever supplies were necessary so I could adopt lots and lots and lots of dogs and cats from the spca to give them a home. Seriously.

Rain would only come during work hours.
The wind would always be behind you.
The wife's only words were yes, yes, yea.

3. Having gotten out of hand, the size of popcorn containers in movie theaters will be strictly regulated.

Number 1............?

The principle based on federal Constitutional Law that evidence illegally seized by law enforcement officers in violation of a suspect's right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures cannot be used against the suspect in a criminal prosecution.

The exclusionary rule is designed to exclude evidence obtained in violation of a criminal defendant's Fourth Amendment rights. The Fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable searches and seizures by law enforcement personnel. If the search of a criminal suspect is unreasonable, the evidence obtained in the search will be excluded from trial.

The exclusionary rule is a court-made rule. This means that it was created not in statutes passed by legislative bodies but rather by the U.S. Supreme Court. The exclusionary rule applies in federal courts by virtue of the Fourth Amendment. The Court has ruled that it applies in state courts although the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.(The Bill of Rights—the first ten amendments— applies to actions by the federal government. The Fourteenth Amendment, the Court has held, makes most of the protections in the Bill of Rights applicable to actions by the states.)
Exclusionary Rule legal definition of Exclusionary Rule. Exclusionary Rule synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Yes. The Exclusionary Rule throws out any evidence that the police obtained illegally. Why? Let's take an outrageous case of a serial killer who stalks and maims young children. The police have a 'feeling' about him, and find bloody clothes from a victim on him.

I do not want to see a judge allow him to go free because the police were not justified in stoping him. But, the police who had the 'feeling' should not go without punishment. A judicial commission should decide on a reprimand, time off without pay, etc., etc. all the up to loss of job and prision time depending on how egregious the offense was and whether it had happened before. You could include his superiors in the charges, if reasonable.

But in releasing the criminal, the system merely becomes a game. As you state, "The exclusionary rule is a court-made rule. This means that it was created not in statutes passed by legislative bodies but rather by the U.S. Supreme Court."

This change in the system would be in keeping with the purpose of justice.

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down my pants.

Wait a minute...I already have that.

Number 1............?

Exclusionary Rule legal definition of Exclusionary Rule. Exclusionary Rule synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Yes. The Exclusionary Rule throws out any evidence that the police obtained illegally. Why? Let's take an outrageous case of a serial killer who stalks and maims young children. The police have a 'feeling' about him, and find bloody clothes from a victim on him.

I do not want to see a judge allow him to go free because the police were not justified in stoping him. But, the police who had the 'feeling' should not go without punishment. A judicial commission should decide on a reprimand, time off without pay, etc., etc. all the up to loss of job and prision time depending on how egregious the offense was and whether it had happened before. You could include his superiors in the charges, if reasonable.

But in releasing the criminal, the system merely becomes a game. As you state, "The exclusionary rule is a court-made rule. This means that it was created not in statutes passed by legislative bodies but rather by the U.S. Supreme Court."

Not to derail BBD's wish thread, but your example is one sided. What happens when your "commission" becomes corrupt? Who protects the people from the gulag style sabotage?

The 4th Amendment is a standard of justice and procedure designed to protect citizens from ILLEGAL search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I will post one wish for now.

I wish there would be 10 minutes of pure silence throughout the world.

I wonder just how profound that could be

Number 1............?

Not to derail BBD's wish thread, but your example is one sided. What happens when your "commission" becomes corrupt? Who protects the people from the gulag style sabotage?

The 4th Amendment is a standard of justice and procedure designed to protect citizens from ILLEGAL search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

"but your example is one sided..." Of course it is, it's my opinion. I'm putting forth an idea that occurred to me, and I believe has merit: rather than throwing out the 4th Amendment, I'm suggesting tweaking one aspect of the collection of evidence. If others don't agree, so be it. Presenting ideas is one of the beauties of our society. And debating them is the beauty of this board, as you must agree, since you are doing exactly that.

There is no right or wrong here, just 'kick the idea around,' present quotes, evidence, examples, etc. and opine. I appreciate your doing exactly that, and it seems that you have the preponderance on you side. I don't mind, and might even reconsider my idea in the future.

Do you see that the "What happens when your "commission" becomes corrupt?" applies to any and all bodies of imperfect human beings?

The nature of the Constitution is that it takes this into consideration, and, notice, it has within it the ability to change with the necessity: the amendment process.

I'm simply saying that I see a weakness in the judicial process, but if there is no feeling that change is necessary, on the part of the majority, so be it. I trust the society, the people, to do what is right.

Forum List

Back