What's Your Signature Dish?

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I have 2

Seafood sausages poached in a broth of white wine butter shallot and fennel then basted with melted butter and browned under the broiler

Served with basil and saffron pasta crab raviolis and a lemon beurre blanc

Accompanied with a Sancerre Riesling

The second is a simple beef tenderloin marinated in a red wine, garlic shallot black pepper mix then given a dry rub of salt pepper garlic, coffee cocoa and cayenne

Hard seared in a screaming hot pan then finished in the oven until a perfect medium rare. Served with duck fact fries rosemary Dijon potatoes and a seasonal veg

Accompanied with a Cabernet Sauvignon

Guess I'm known for a couple of salads I've picked up along life's journey ---

One I picked up working as an au pair boy in France.... roughly equal parts diced endive (called "Belgian endive" in the States), Gruyère cheese and Golden Delicious apple, optional slivered almonds, with a light vinaigrette...

The other is Balela, a great summer chickpea/bean salad .... coming up to the season for it soon:

• I can black beans
  • 1 can chick peas (garbanzos)
  • 2 tomatoes, diced (~ ¾ cup)
  • 1 chopped white onion
  • 1 clove garlic (actually several)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • ½ cup chopped Italian parsley (<< the lead singer)
  • chopped hot peppers and/or hot sauce to taste
  • Dash of cumin
  • Optional: mint, capers, julienned carrot (for texture), celery top leaves (< good for managing hot weather)

Marinate ~ 1 hour in fridge. Exquisite.

I cant give a "best", but my best method is grilling. My ribs and steaks are amazing! Drunk chicken is up there, too.
its simple, but my chicken salad is fucking amazing if you have the taste for it. I don't use mayo.. I use fat free yogurt and a blend of reg mustard and Dijon. Usually put a nut in it and some fruit. Apples, grapes cranberries etc

I have 2

Seafood sausages poached in a broth of white wine butter shallot and fennel then basted with melted butter and browned under the broiler

The second is a simple beef tenderloin marinated in a red wine, garlic shallot black pepper mix then given a dry rub of salt pepper garlic, coffee cocoa and cayenne

Hard seared in a screaming hot pan then finished in the oven until a perfect medium rare. Served with duck fact fries rosemary Dijon potatoes and a seasonal veg

Watch much Top Chef lately? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....you sound like somebody who clearly eats well, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....ha ha ha, really funny shit, LOLOLOLOLOL Uh, how bout beaver gravy served over hot grilled beaver nuts with whiskers as the garnish?

I plan on trying Fox this year. Some people have told me they don't eat dog so I will be on my own lol

I have 2

Watch much Top Chef lately? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....you sound like somebody who clearly eats well, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....ha ha ha, really funny shit, LOLOLOLOLOL Uh, how bout beaver gravy served over hot grilled beaver nuts with whiskers as the garnish?

Never watched that show
and I didn't realize good food was so funny

I have 2

Never watched that show

I was trying to be funny, my idea of a signature dish, Stoffers heat em up meals and a beer on the side

I have 2

Never watched that show

I was trying to be funny, my idea of a signature dish, Stoffers heat em up meals and a beer on the side

That's just sad

Knowing how to cook just one or two good meals is guaranteed to get you laid

Yankee pot roast.

Salt & pepper chuck roast liberally and let stand for about 20 minutes then brown the roast on both sides.

Peel and chop some large carrots into big chunks.

Peel an onion or two and chop them in half.
Chop several stalks of celery into one inch chunks

Toss it all in a pot of water along with several small potatoes a clove of garlic and about 5 peppercorns.

Cover pot and simmer for 3-4 hours.

I have 2

Bacon Beef Bourguignon over white rice.

Osso Bucco with a Corn Risotto.

I have 2

Bacon Beef Bourguignon over white rice.

Osso Bucco with a Corn Risotto.

Anything with risotto is good

I haven't made it enough to call it a signature dish but last time I did I called it paella risotto a cross between my 2 favorite rice dishes

Yankee pot roast.

Salt & pepper chuck roast liberally and let stand for about 20 minutes then brown the roast on both sides.

Peel and chop some large carrots into big chunks.

Peel an onion or two and chop them in half.
Chop several stalks of celery into one inch chunks

Toss it all in a pot of water along with several small potatoes a clove of garlic and about 5 peppercorns.

Cover pot and simmer for 3-4 hours.

nothing smells as good as a pot roast cooking on the stove all day

Forum List

Back