What's Your Remedy for Insomnia?

no caffeine after 2 pm, read a book, or leave the tv on the history channel...not the news till it puts me to sleep....if none of that works, then i get my sleep when napping during the day.... and no I do not work...

they say warmed milk works, but i have never tried it.

Oh and if all else fails, NyQuil works every time! :D

no caffeine after 2 pm, read a book, or leave the tv on the history channel...not the news till it puts me to sleep....if none of that works, then i get my sleep when napping during the day.... and no I do not work...

:eek: My day's not even half over by 2pm.

I know!

and THAT is where my insomnia problem lies, with my caffeine intake after 2 pm that i feel is necessary...i take the coffee... regardless of the insomnia, but if it gets really bad, then i follow my own rule the following day and stop the caffeine at 2pm and by 9 pm I am sound asleep and exhausted....

then i get in to the 'waking up at 4=5am routine'! Which I actually like, alot more than I ever thought I could when younger...i don't think I ever made it to work on time my entire career...just not a morning person back then...my best work was done in the evening, when everyone else left me alone and went home....and I had about 10 cups of Jo in me already! :)

But now, it is really strange, but i love to see the sunrise....which happens across the meadow and behind the hills in my front house view....it is just gorgeous. My mother says, what? It is just an overgrown FIELD? hahahahaha! But to me it is a meadow and God's land and picturesque view! :lol:

I hate it when I go through nights at a time being up and sleeping my days away...but I also like my coffee! :(

I know!

and THAT is where my insomnia problem lies, with my caffeine intake after 2 pm that i feel is necessary...i take the coffee... regardless of the insomnia, but if it gets really bad, then i follow my own rule the following day and stop the caffeine at 2pm and by 9 pm I am sound asleep and exhausted....

then i get in to the 'waking up at 4=5am routine'! Which I actually like, alot more than I ever thought I could when younger...i don't think I ever made it to work on time my entire career...just not a morning person back then...my best work was done in the evening, when everyone else left me alone and went home....and I had about 10 cups of Jo in me already! :)

But now, it is really strange, but i love to see the sunrise....which happens across the meadow and behind the hills in my front house view....it is just gorgeous. My mother says, what? It is just an overgrown FIELD? hahahahaha! But to me it is a meadow and God's land and picturesque view! :lol:

I hate it when I go through nights at a time being up and sleeping my days away...but I also like my coffee! :(

Take your little body out for some excercise. It's saying " hell --why sleep? I aint' even tired"

I used to fall asleep without any warning and sleep straight through 7-9 hours. About a month ago, I started waking up around 2 and 3 in the morning and couldn't for the life of me, fall back asleep. Thank goodness for coffee and Redbull. Those are the only two things that keep me going during the day when I can't keep my eyes open.

All advice, serious or humorous will be appreciated. :eusa_pray:

~Sleepless in Brooklyn

PC,

I developed a trick about 40 years ago that works like a charm. It is a mild form of self hypnosis.

The reason you are waking up is probably that you are having uncomfortable dreams and an overload of caffein during the day.

Here is the technique:

Find a comfortable position. Close your eyes. Imagine the air you breath has a color..your favorite color..maybe it's aqua blue....

Now visualise the air you are breathing as a stream starting in front of your face and entering your nose continuing to see the stream of air as it enters your lungs. Keep the thought of the blue air going back out of your body untill it has exited your nose.

repeat

If you focus and do exactly that with no thought distracting you I promise you will not make it ten breaths before you enter a sound and restful sleep.

Sean

Put a TV in your bedroom. Set the timer in it to turn off in 30 minutes or so. Watching TV is the best damn sleep drug ever. I don't usually make it 5 minutes.

Put a TV in your bedroom. Set the timer in it to turn off in 30 minutes or so. Watching TV is the best damn sleep drug ever. I don't usually make it 5 minutes.

I like the comedy channel (msnbc)

I wouldn't recommend watching that... that channel causes mental retardation.
Only if you take it seriously

I rarely store to long-term memory anything I see on TV

that reminds me, my library books are due back in 5 days; I need to go read them

Forum List

Back