What's your prediction for 2091?

Human population will be about 1/2 what it is today.
Around 2040 a devastating mutated flu virus will wipe out whole cities across the globe.

Very possible. It may not be a flu. Children today are at risk because some consider childhood shots dangerous and disease once thought erradicated have an opportunity to find a welcome host.
Stupidity has a way of creating opportunity.

80 years from now? I'll be cruising in a hoverchair, hopped up on a bunch of meds to keep me functionally alive, ranting about how things were better "back then".

"TV" will be putting on glasses that put you on the set in a 3D world. Fake boobs will be the norm because they're in the health care plan that's constitutionally protected as the pursuit of happiness, and there will be a one-world government with each country being a state.

By 2091 my grandchildren will be grandparents and their children will speak Spanglish, which will have become a formalized language by the middle of the 21st Century. The work week will be shortened to 30 hours.

By 2050 all roofs in the sun belt will be solar collectors and more than half of our energy needs will be produced by solar, wind, wave, nuclear and geo-thermal sources; hydrogen production will become the fuel of the future as more efficient and less costly methods are developed to extract hydrogen from sea water. A by-product of this process will provide clean salt-free water for drinking and agriculture.
High speed rail will connect North and South America, powered by electric engines, the electricity produced by burning hydrogen.
Clean fresh water will be channeled to the arid desserts of the world along with compost to make fertile long dead soils. Food production will increase 100-fold by the last decade of the 21st Century and famine will be a thing of the past.
Sadly, human nature will not change, it will remain the greatest source of discontent and harm for our children's children. Bigotry and envy, Greed and sloth, lust, gluttony and anger will not be extinguished by the abundance of material goods, safe and warm shelter, sufficient food or more free time.
Many of those who pretend to offer council will continue to posit their way is the only way, and their Supreme Being is the only one and true source of goodness - and in this way continue to divide the people. Mistrust fed by bigory and lust, greed and gluttony will be exploited by the leaders of the worlds religions who themselves suffer from pride and a lust for power.
Even as man begins to explore the planets, and science provides solutions to age old problems, man's fear of the dark will remain his one fatal flaw and a source for demagogues and charlatans to exploit.

Last edited:
How prescient do you believe you are? Write down your predictions here for the year 2091.
See what other notables predicted 80 years ago:
7 Predictions For The Year 2011 From 1931 Visionaries

year 2091? I predict I will be dead

OH the obama adminisration will enact the new more work less help for the people law.

Well, since you seem brain dead in 2011 I guess your opinion doesn't matter. Have you no imagination? Or is imagination a liberal thing and it's always best in your world to take a cheap political shot?

How prescient do you believe you are? Write down your predictions here for the year 2091.
See what other notables predicted 80 years ago:
7 Predictions For The Year 2011 From 1931 Visionaries

year 2091? I predict I will be dead

OH the obama adminisration will enact the new more work less help for the people law.

Well, since you seem brain dead in 2011 I guess your opinion doesn't matter. Have you no imagination? Or is imagination a liberal thing and it's always best in your world to take a cheap political shot?

Such a pitty, so you think I will still be a live? Thanks. But I doubt I will. But you can bet the obama admin. will still be inpower. obama the 3rd that is,

Forum List

Back