What's your prediction for 2091?

The enormous possibilities inherent in the extension of that method, especially to governmental problems, has already apparently been grasped by Mr. Hoover as by no man who has heretofore presided over our national destinies, and I anticipate great advances for moving in the directions in which he is now leading.

Read more: 7 Predictions For The Year 2011 From 1931 Visionaries

Milliken= epic fail:lol:

Ogburn?:clap2:

Last edited:
Let's see

We'll all be suffering because of global warming and millions will have died because of coastal flooding

Bird flu and swine flu will kill millions more

Let's not forget cigarettes will kill millions and

Coca cola and McDonald's will kill the rest

In short we'll all be dead so live it up while you can.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Here's mine:

By 2091 my grandchildren will be grandparents and their children will speak Spanglish, which will have become a formalized language by the middle of the 21st Century. The work week will be shortened to 30 hours and the usual business hours will be from six in the morning until six in the evening, Monday through Saturday.
By 2050 all roofs in the sun belt will be solar collectors and more than half of our energy needs will be produced by solar, wind, wave, nuclear and geo-thermal sources; hydrogen production will become the fuel of the future as more efficient and less costly methods are developed, allowing the oceans to be mined. A by-product of this process will provide clean salt-free water for drinking and agriculture.
High speed rail will connect North and South America, powered by electric engines, the electricity produced by burning hydrogen.
Clean fresh water will be channeled to the arid desserts of the world along with compost to make fertile long dead soils. Food production will increase 100-fold by the last decade of the 21st Century and famine will be a thing of the past.
Sadly, human nature will not change, it will remain the greatest source of discontent and harm for our children's children. Bigotry and envy, Greed and sloth, lust and gluttony and anger will not be extinguished by material goods, safe and warm shelter, sufficient food or more free time.
Many of those who pretend to offer council will continue to posit their way is the only way, and their Supreme Being is the only one and true source of goodness - and in this way continue to divide the people. Mistrust fed by bigory and lust, greed and gluttony will be exploited by the leaders of the worlds religions who themselves suffer from pride and a lust for power.
Even as man begins to explore the planets, and science provides solutions to age old problems, man's fear of the dark will remain his one fatal flaw.

Ducks will be huge due to overfeeding.

duckonthemove.jpg

All cancer will be curable and/or preventable.
Rheumatoid arthritis will be curable and preventable.
Kids of that generation will look upon ipods, laptops and tvs as ancient and horribly old-fashioned technology. They will point and laugh.
Babbies will still be formed the traditional way, for those who want to go that route. Babbies will be bred 100% in tubes and delivered by stork on your doorstep for the rest.
Soylent green will be a reality.
American Idol and Survivor will still be around. As will Jeff Probst, with his puka shell necklaces, pocketed shirts and overly dyed hair.

The Cubs will still be looking for a World Series win

Medical research will move to a snails crawl and life expectancy will be less than today. New diseases will appear with no desire for the government or the private sector to find cures for due to lack of profitability.

There will be wars within the country. Not neccessarily racial but rather over beliefs.

Gloomy predictions from one that is generally optimistic about nearly everything.

who the hell was Ogburn? I never heard of him before.

He was the only one to get it right though.

I think he will continue to be right.

In free societies, Government will continue to become more pervasive. Poverty as we understand the term will be a thing of the past, but there will still be people who engage in poverty creating behaviors (drug dependency, sexual incontinence etc ) but the damage they do will be more and more localized. Weath distribution will become more and more unequal as government expands, with those at a privileged place at the public teat growing more numerous and stronger. Knowledge work will be more and more important, as automation will eliminate manual labor and require more and more knowledge skills in production of products. Education will become more and more a factor in income.

Jobs in government will become more and more hereditary. not in the sense that you inherit your dad's job, but your family connections will be a huge determinate, once you qualify in the educational sense.

Private sector jobs will become entirely temporary. You will be expected to have 15 different jobs by the time you are 40, and to change jobs every 18 months due to tech changes, and marketplace changes. That doesn't mean you will get canned and rehired. Corporations will just shuffle employees around a lot more internally.

Thanks to Baruch Menachem for a thoughtful post. I hoped the OP would be provocative and elicite more thoughtful posts for the future. I suppose looking into the future requires imagination, a sense of history and hope that our children and thier children will have solved many of the problems of today.
It also requires an understanding of the problems facing America and the world today.
I failed to account for the focus of this MB, and how those who post often hold opinions formed for them rather by them. It's no wonder lame attempts at humor outnumbered the few thoughtful comments.

Once again, from the OP:

Page 1 of 2 (1) 2 >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 (permalink) Yesterday, 07:57 AM
Wry Catcher
Member #20297 Join Date: Aug 2009

What's your prediction for 2091?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How prescient do you believe you are? Write down your predictions here for the year 2091.
See what other notables predicted 80 years ago:
7 Predictions For The Year 2011 From 1931 Visionaries

Last edited:
Ducks will be huge due to overfeeding.

duckonthemove.jpg

The best thing about this duck being in the road is it blocks anyone from going into the shit hole of a city known as Chester. Inner city living at it's best :eusa_whistle:

Thanks to Silkcity19 for a thoughtless post. I hoped the OP would be provocative and elicite thoughtful posts but I suppose looking into the future requires imagination, a sense of history and hope that our children and their children will have solved many of the problems of today.
I had not expected such a fowl post, but I failed to account for the focus of some on who post often hold opinions formed for them rather by them. It's no wonder lame attempts at humor outnumbered the few thoughtful comments.

Human population will be about 1/2 what it is today.
Around 2040 a devastating mutated flu virus will wipe out whole cities across the globe.

Forum List

Back