Whats your passion?

My wife and children....

Immie

PS ask me again when she is not in the room. ;)

I am a private pilot. I fly small planes and I love love love it! For me, there is nothing more liberating than flying somewhere on a Saturday morning and spending the night in another town. I love to go to Catalina Island, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, Sedona AZ, Las Vegas, etc....My world has shrunk considerably. It is so much easier too! I can fly to Vegas in 90 minutes - or I can drive in 3 1/2 hours!! A commercial flight gets me to Vegas in 45 minutes, but I have to get there at least an hour earlier, go through security, park the car, bags searched etc... what a hassle! Catalina Island is a 1 hour boat ride after a 1 hour car drive to the terminal in San Pedro - or a sweet and easy 1/2 hour flight in a Baby Beechcraft, followed by a 5 minute ride in a golf cart! Here are a few photos from the air.... These two are of Pyramid Lake - just north of Los Angeles - the second photo shows the "pyramid"....
DSCN0073.JPG
DSCN0074.JPG

This is a photo of me departing a small airport in Tulare CA. I placed the camera over my shoulder and got lucky!! I was at about 1000 feet altitude when I took the photo
DSCN0051.JPG
This is a photo of Redlands Airport, I fly over it when I go to Palm Springs. Nice little field with a great restaurant for the $100 hamburger......I was at 5500 feet when I took the photo
DSCN0057.JPG

My kids. I have a passion for horses, but my life is my kids, more so the older I get. Every waking moment I think of them and worry about them. Everything I do is motivated by them.

Been there, done that...In Pipers, Cessnas and Citabrias....doing acro.

Even though powered flight is great, nothing compares to the intimacy with the atmosphere under a canopy.

Haven't done the acrobatic training yet, but it is on my "to do" list. I am going to train with Rich Stowell at Santa Paula Airport (about 20 mins flight from Van nuys). :)

Forum List

Back