What's your opinon on Obama's acceptance speech of Nobel Peace Prize

longriver

Rookie
Nov 12, 2009
Obama received his Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo Thursday. What's your opinion on his speech about how just the war could be? Don't you think it is inappropriate?

I am not an Obamaite, a fan, but I do think he gave a good speech here.

He stated flat out to Oslo, to people who think just a spoon full of sugar can make peace go round, that he has no solution to war, that in his life-time there will be war, and he will wage it if necessary.

The other thing he did was contrary to almost every other speech on foreign affairs he has given thus far, he did not apologise for the USA’s role in the world, and he reaffirmed it.

I like this speech and I hope Obama believes it.

The guy can talk on a scripted speech... does not change the fact he's a horrid President and leader, with entirely the wrong ideas for what our government is supposed to be and is supposed to do

Strange, most rightwing pundits said the speech was reminiscent of George Bush

The guy can talk on a scripted speech... does not change the fact he's a horrid President and leader, with entirely the wrong ideas for what our government is supposed to be and is supposed to do

Said the guy spoke a good scripted speech...

Does not change the fact that his ACTIONS as President have been in entirely the wrong direction and will probably continue to be that way

He should not have given an acceptance speech, because he shouldn't have been awarded the Nobel prize. How good his speech may have been doesn't really enter into it.

Well he was awared the Nobel Peace prize. Did he deserve it?? I haven't figured out what he did to receive it but he did recieve it. He's also one of three American Presidents to be awared the Nobel. He is the only one who actually went to Stupidhagen to collect it.

I don't like Obama or the directioin he is trying to take this country but I do think he gave a good speech. Unlike some I will give credit when its due. Just my opinon.

Said the guy spoke a good scripted speech...

Does not change the fact that his ACTIONS as President have been in entirely the wrong direction and will probably continue to be that way

And which actions are you referring to?

Mutually Assured Destruction actually fit the major definition of war. Wars are quick, and mega-decisive.

In USA v. Soviet Union, the estimated time-frame was to have been seven minutes.

Everything else is futile military occupation--Korea, (in its 60th year), Vietnam of the famous last helicopter leaving Saigon, and now Iraq and Afghanistan. In Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States actually squandered lives, resources, and body armor that Amerkicans clearly didn't to keep for themselves.

Obama has no concept of war, and none of peace. Real Kenya is disintegrating, and with UN advisors all over the nation. Washington, D. C. schools are disintegrating--a little Kenya right there near home. At Fremont High School, in Los Angeles, 48 out of 3000 enrolled actually passed the standard profieciency tests at an acceptable level.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
("Cry 'Peace, Peace,' and there is no Peace," and so the Nobel committee awards mega-bucks to millionaires(?)! Seven Minutes makes sense to some people!)

Obama received his Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo Thursday. What's your opinion on his speech about how just the war could be? Don't you think it is inappropriate?

i thought it was a very good speech...one of the best i have heard from a politican in a long time....

i hope his deeds in the future will match his words.....

Well he was awared the Nobel Peace prize. Did he deserve it?? I haven't figured out what he did to receive it but he did recieve it. He's also one of three American Presidents to be awared the Nobel. He is the only one who actually went to Stupidhagen to collect it.

I don't like Obama or the directioin he is trying to take this country but I do think he gave a good speech. Unlike some I will give credit when its due. Just my opinon.

stupidhagen......mypoic twit

The topic is "was Obama's speech" good?

Yes, it was. He recognized that war is a fact of human existence. He noted American exceptionalism and defend much of the U.S. behavior in the last century on the world stage.

He very deftly inferred his administration's change in direction on the world stage, meaning no more stupid-butt pre-emptive intervention.

Good speech, deftly handled, while cutting the Bushies very, very badly, who did not notice that they were bleeding badly for some time thereafter.

Even Ronald, "Old Mega-Deficits" Reagan knew better than to go into war with no plan or preparation. He would even quote the Bible.

Then there is the classical fellow, von Clausewitz:

"The first and most important rule to observe...is to use our entire forces with the utmost energy. The second rule is to concentrate our power as much as possible against that section where the chief blows are to be delivered and to incur disadvantages elsewhere, so that our chances of success may increase at the decisive point. The third rule is never to waste time. Unless important advantages are to be gained from hesitation, it is necessary to set to work at once. By this speed a hundred enemy measures are nipped in the bud, and public opinion is won most rapidly. Finally, the fourth rule is to follow up our successes with the utmost energy. Only pursuit of the beaten enemy gives the fruits of victory."
- Karl von Clausewitz

The United States has only rarely done war. Following WWII, there was a Marshall Plan. Following the Civil War, there was no plan, and the Civil War itself dragged on into a slaughther of the 750,000 White People. There wasn't much of a plan going in. Draft riots happened. and subsequent the outcome The South was not at all amused.

And then there was Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Obama doesn't have the concept, even now. The Betrayus Family Members, (all of whom should have been made famous by Michael Moore), and extended family members, (all of whom should have been made famous by Michael Moore), seem to have a decades-long scenario in mind, just for Afghanistan!

Even U. S. Generals, academy trained: Don't know war!

People do know that the Obama Administration is Public Opinion Sensitive: Even to the matter of Overweight Women, even with top jobs--and even at Department of Labor, (where no one works(?), or works out!)! The Obama Administration knows about Public Opinion(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
("Endless War: The Speech On Youtube(?)," now showing at Oslo, Nobel Committee(?))

Last edited:
I did not listen to nor read Obama's speech.
Nor do I think he deserved the Peace prize.
It was all just a jab in the republicans eye over their support of that horrible Boosh.

The selection by the committee was deliberately to be considered a slap in the face of the Bush administration foreign policies. Slap so noted. Also noted is that Obama gave a very good speech.

He should not have given an acceptance speech, because he shouldn't have been awarded the Nobel prize. How good his speech may have been doesn't really enter into it.

You're full of crap.

He didn't have anything to do with being awarded the Nobel Prize. And don't be so freakin' sanctamonious: you know damn well had the Norweigians Awarded YOU the Nobel Prize that you would have accepted it despite the possibility you may be chased by Black Norweigian Squirrels.

Dont really care. Didnt listen to it. I just dont want to hear about anything involving that fradulent prize whether its Obama or someone else winning it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back