What's your offical position

Check all that apply

• No abortions, no exceptions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do I feel about abortions?

First.................let me explain my view of what constitutes "human" or not. One of the main differences between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom is our brains and our ability to reason. Prior to that? It's just a mass of cells with the POTENTIAL to become a human. Kinda like blueprints have the potential to become a house, but until you actually start following the blueprints and building something, the blueprints are not a house.

Until the fetus develops a complete nervous system and a beating heart, it's not really a "person", because it doesn't have that crucial thing that makes it human, which is it's brain. Usually that point occurs sometime towards the middle of the 1st trimester. If it's before that? Leave the decision up to the mother.

After that? If it was an unintended consequence of rape or incest, it should be allowed. Why? The mother who was raped doesn't really want to keep a permanent memory of one of the worst events in her life, and incest can lead to some really bad birth defects.

And when it comes to the 3rd trimester? At that time, it should be used only if the life of the mother is threatened. And, while it might sound cold to say so, the life of the mother is more important than the life of the unborn child, because the mother already has carved out a life and there are people who are already dependent on her via frienships or marriage.

However............................

A lot of that unpleasantness can be avoided if quality birth control (implants or birth control pills) is available, as well as the morning after pill.

*yawn*. Quality birth control is available, and abortion numbers continue to increase.

Perhaps we should quit pushing girls to have sex before they are ready to be parents.

How do I feel about abortions?

First.................let me explain my view of what constitutes "human" or not. One of the main differences between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom is our brains and our ability to reason. Prior to that? It's just a mass of cells with the POTENTIAL to become a human. Kinda like blueprints have the potential to become a house, but until you actually start following the blueprints and building something, the blueprints are not a house.

Until the fetus develops a complete nervous system and a beating heart, it's not really a "person", because it doesn't have that crucial thing that makes it human, which is it's brain. Usually that point occurs sometime towards the middle of the 1st trimester. If it's before that? Leave the decision up to the mother.

After that? If it was an unintended consequence of rape or incest, it should be allowed. Why? The mother who was raped doesn't really want to keep a permanent memory of one of the worst events in her life, and incest can lead to some really bad birth defects.

And when it comes to the 3rd trimester? At that time, it should be used only if the life of the mother is threatened. And, while it might sound cold to say so, the life of the mother is more important than the life of the unborn child, because the mother already has carved out a life and there are people who are already dependent on her via frienships or marriage.

However............................

A lot of that unpleasantness can be avoided if quality birth control (implants or birth control pills) is available, as well as the morning after pill.

So, you are not human? Explains a lot.

I agree, I don't think parental notification is unreasonable.

I agree with blackhawk.

If the parents did not know the girl was having sex in the first place...or to uninformed or oblivious about their daughter to realize she was pregnant.....then they have no business knowing about the abortion.

What if she was pregnant as a result of rape or incest? You still think parents shouldn't be notified?

You do realize that these are the girls who are coerced into it, right?

I think both sides have valid arguments on this one. Abortion is a big decision and often teenagers can feel trapped, and seek abortion as an attempt to hide the mistake from parents. In those cases, the best thing would be to let the parents know.

On the other hand, you have a girl who has made a tough decision, perhaps like you say the pregnancy is the cause of incest, where the worst thing someone can do is notify her parents.

I think this poll shows that Liberal's fears of the right taking abortion away is blown way out of proportion.

I agree, a lot of the fear in that sense is unfounded. Although so far the poll is split pretty even between those who want limited abortion for any reason, and those who want no abortion unless it's exceptions.

I didn't see any votes for "No Abortions".

Personally I think abortions should never be done out of convenience. As long as people have to pay $20k to adopt a child I can't see why abortion should be the first option. To me it's murder.

Thing is I don't feel my views should be crammed down anyone's throat and vice-verse.

1. Please explain the fetal difference between 3 months and 40 weeks.

2. These choices make "pro-choice" people uncomfortable because it exposes their extreme (to most people) position on this issue.

3. State laws can differ on legal age for marriage, gay rights and self defense, so why not on this issue?

States do have different laws concerning abortion, only those laws that do not manifest an undue burden to obtaining an abortion would pass Constitutional muster, however.

And men are indeed entitled to an opinion on the subject, since this is a civil liberties issue, addressing the appropriate role government should play in our private lives, and the extent to which government should be limited to protect the right to privacy.

I believe we should have abortion mills that run 24/7, 365. Then we should take the after affects and turn it into soap where we then sell it to snooty highend snobs. We used the proceeds from the soap to fund our under ground terrorist group, where we plane to take down the banks but wiping out the buildings with explosives. For edutainment we have fights in our basements, but you didnt hear that from me.

I wish junkies would stay away from their computers when they're doped up.

1. Please explain the fetal difference between 3 months and 40 weeks.

2. These choices make "pro-choice" people uncomfortable because it exposes their extreme (to most people) position on this issue.

3. State laws can differ on legal age for marriage, gay rights and self defense, so why not on this issue?

1. 28 weeks

2. what you know about pro-choice people could probably be written on the inside of a matchbook

3. i don't believe anyone said they couldn't

stay stupid, woodie

Also the question is posed wrong, should the government inject it self into the womans personal biz. why is it that republicans are ok with it here, but not other places.

I believe we should have abortion mills that run 24/7, 365. Then we should take the after affects and turn it into soap where we then sell it to snooty highend snobs. We used the proceeds from the soap to fund our under ground terrorist group, where we plane to take down the banks but wiping out the buildings with explosives. For edutainment we have fights in our basements, but you didnt hear that from me.

and because Alan is a fucking moron, This is a reference to the overall plot to the movie fightclub.

since i don't have a uterus, i feel qualified to tell women they should never, ever, ever, ever care about my opinion on this.

There is no logical reason to continue with this topic now.:clap2:

Forum List

Back