CDZ What's Your Honest Take On Garland Block

What Do You Think Of The GOP Refusing To Consider Garland For SC?

• I think it was justified.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I think it was an abuse of power.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Congress has no obligation at all to even address the pick.
Congress members should do their job.
Yes, Congress does not have to propose & pass legislation, but that's exactly what their job description is.
There's a reason the Constitution allows for 9 SCOTUS members and not 8 or 6 or 4.
Congress should uphold its responsibility for maintaining our system of checks and balances to keep the government from getting too powerful in one branch.
The Repub Congress members are liberal traitors.
The Constitution did not put number on the justices.....
I stand corrected. The Congress decides. However, Congress has set the # of justices at 9 since 1869, so the current Congress is breaking their "conservative" tradition (since 1869).
To not even review a qualified nomination for 9 months for partisan reasons sets a bad precedent, and is simply chickenshit.

Biden In '92: Senate Should Block Bush Court Nominees

Please spare us, don't act like the democrats would not have done the same had the tables been turned. And they already have as shown in the article above. So either condem Biden actions, or accept that Congress acted in the way their constituents wanted them too.
Unlike the current Republican-led Senate, Biden never suggested the sitting president would not get to appoint a Supreme Court justice.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back