• Windoze

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • MacOS

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will sometime, right now it really has to do with what works with school computers and the fact I know how to use vista. If you have a presentation in a class you have to do it on vista anyways and they use vista in the computer lab. One day when I have time I will try the others. Plus I just finally learned everything on Vista last year, I think the hardest part was trying to find where you print, which is in a whole other place from windows.

:lol:

say.. koder... any of that make your little fan boi ears bleed?
I do have to add when you live in washington and the Gates foundation donates money and computers to your school and public schools around here, windows is all you use around here. I might be wrong but I think they donated all the computers for the math lab at my school. So who do you think they are going to go to when they have to purchase new computers.:razz:

i wonder how many ubuntu programmers of an open source os will ever be able to donate on par with MS... gosh... I bet koder donates all the time!

Linux is the OS, Ubuntu is the package which combines Linux OS with the popular desktop environments. ;) Oh wait, you would know that if you had worked with Linux before ... alas, you cannot say which is best because we know you have never used Linux.

yea yea yea... next thing you know you'll be blaming hardware!

:rofl:

and, again, you clearly have no fucking clue where that sample data came from, do you? better yet, how the log files of a single website probably doesn't reflect the scale of any particular OS. but hey... you ARE the expert!

:cuckoo:

Well, I'm a paid expert ... paid to install Linux on servers .... :cool:

What are you paid to do? Besides twiddle your thumbs online, pointing and clicking, and shilling for Microsucks?

paid expert my ass. playing with lightwave wannabe doesn't make you a fucking expert at anything. And, CLEARLY, anyone who gives you money for cpu advise is like a desperate mother hoping a tonic of watered down whiskey will cure yellow fever.

I do have to add when you live in washington and the Gates foundation donates money and computers to your school and public schools around here, windows is all you use around here. I might be wrong but I think they donated all the computers for the math lab at my school. So who do you think they are going to go to when they have to purchase new computers.:razz:

i wonder how many ubuntu programmers of an open source os will ever be able to donate on par with MS... gosh... I bet koder donates all the time!
I don't think most organizations can compete with microsoft on a charitable level.:razz:
It also helps that Gate's sister lives right outside of spokane and I am pretty sure she was a teacher here or still is.

I don't think most organizations can compete with microsoft on a charitable level.:razz:
It also helps that Gate's sister lives right outside of spokane and I am pretty sure she was a teacher here or still is.

I bet those school districts pump out some smart kids. I bet it's nice to use computing tools without having to cry foul at every corner that reality doesn't match the cult mantra.

I will sometime, right now it really has to do with what works with school computers and the fact I know how to use vista. If you have a presentation in a class you have to do it on vista anyways and they use vista in the computer lab. One day when I have time I will try the others. Plus I just finally learned everything on Vista last year, I think the hardest part was trying to find where you print, which is in a whole other place from windows.

Gates foundation isn't funded by Microsucks directly now, and Bill is rich already, thus why he left the company in the hands of that idiot in the first place. I like Bill, he's cool in person to, Melinda is down to earth as hell (she actually uses Ubuntu herself BTW ;)). But the guy who has been actually running MS lately (since XP but not officially until Vista) is a complete moron. Bill doesn't care though, he's basically retired from business and just owns the company, so he doesn't really care what happens to it. Without Bill's business genius the company will tank, and it is really, as it's contracts run out it's losing strength on the global market, the only market it's really strong in now is the US market, that's why they tried to push into the search engines with that Bing bullshit (which doesn't work anyway).

I bet those school districts pump out some smart kids. I bet it's nice to use computing tools without having to cry foul at every corner that reality doesn't match the cult mantra.

What reality? I haven't had to reboot my computer for anything but upgrades since I got it, I can read and edit any file, and most college students in Seattle are actually using Linux because they have to learn Apache, SQL, and Python (all standard in Linux, in Windoze SQL has massive hiccups and Apache is twitchy as hell, plus they take up a ton of extra space, Python in Windoze is just a joke) since they are all now standards.

and, Luisa.. in case you missed it... Jesus Christ is a user of Ubuntu too. don't ask for evidence. Koder is an expert and just knows.

What reality? I haven't had to reboot my computer for anything but upgrades since I got it, I can read and edit any file, and most college students in Seattle are actually using Linux because they have to learn Apache, SQL, and Python (all standard in Linux, in Windoze SQL has massive hiccups and Apache is twitchy as hell, plus they take up a ton of extra space, Python in Windoze is just a joke) since they are all now standards.

yea.. except for those linux updates that have to occur in order to keep the machine running.

Say, did you ever explain why a windows user would want to open a unix file type or did that slip off of your menu of expertise?

hey... who needs evidence of "most college students in seatle"??? KODER THE EXPERT SAYS SO!

:thup:

yea yea yea... next thing you know you'll be blaming hardware!

and, again, you clearly have no fucking clue where that sample data came from, do you? better yet, how the log files of a single website probably doesn't reflect the scale of any particular OS. but hey... you ARE the expert!

:cuckoo:

What are you paid to do? Besides twiddle your thumbs online, pointing and clicking, and shilling for Microsucks?

paid expert my ass. playing with lightwave wannabe doesn't make you a fucking expert at anything. And, CLEARLY, anyone who gives you money for cpu advise is like a desperate mother hoping a tonic of watered down whiskey will cure yellow fever.

Um ... my new hobby doesn't earn my paycheck, I program for a living, set up networks that interface with all digital technology in small businesses, that's my job. Usually I bring my Linux CDs with me, but sometimes they have a Unix or special version of Linux they want, they never have a Windoze server. Not once has anyone even asked for it. Other than routine maintenance, the only time I have to fix anything on these servers is when they let some Microsucks certified moron near it, in which case I have to do damage control and actually have to go there in person to fix it. Luckily it's happening less often now. They want to pay less for something that works all the time, so they come to me, via word of mouth. My computer animations are a brand new hobby, only been at them for a few months now, and I still do better than you.

Um ... my new hobby doesn't earn my paycheck, I program for a living, set up networks that interface with all digital technology in small businesses, that's my job. Usually I bring my Linux CDs with me, but sometimes they have a Unix or special version of Linux they want, they never have a Windoze server. Not once has anyone even asked for it. Other than routine maintenance, the only time I have to fix anything on these servers is when they let some Microsucks certified moron near it, in which case I have to do damage control and actually have to go there in person to fix it. Luckily it's happening less often now. They want to pay less for something that works all the time, so they come to me, via word of mouth. My computer animations are a brand new hobby, only been at them for a few months now, and I still do better than you.

yea yea yea, dork. polish the turd however you need to. We settled this way back when you thought Lightwave was inferior to your silly fucking app du jour.

yea.. except for those linux updates that have to occur in order to keep the machine running.

Say, did you ever explain why a windows user would want to open a unix file type or did that slip off of your menu of expertise?

hey... who needs evidence of "most college students in seatle"??? KODER THE EXPERT SAYS SO!

Um ... I haven't updated anything for months at a time, Windoze has daily updates or they get viruses, Linux updates are almost all inconsequential, and servers rarely need updates at all because the updates the desktops get are almost all for hal and multimedia errors or adding a new format possibility. There are over 100 different movie formats, and Linux supports them all. Linux supports all audio formats as well. I can even edit FLV files without haveing to convert them first. You can also automate the updates just like in Windoze, plus you can get complete OS updates without ever having to buy a CD. You can burn a live CD for any Linux OS as well, no cost (except for the blank CD), legally (unlike criminals like you who steal copyrighted software we don't break the law).

yea yea yea, dork. polish the turd however you need to. We settled this way back when you thought Lightwave was inferior to your silly fucking app du jour.

Lightwave is inferior, because you have to pay a fortune for the same level of software as you get for free from Blender.

Um ... I haven't updated anything for months at a time, Windoze has daily updates or they get viruses, Linux updates are almost all inconsequential, and servers rarely need updates at all because the updates the desktops get are almost all for hal and multimedia errors or adding a new format possibility. There are over 100 different movie formats, and Linux supports them all. Linux supports all audio formats as well. I can even edit FLV files without haveing to convert them first. You can also automate the updates just like in Windoze, plus you can get complete OS updates without ever having to buy a CD. You can burn a live CD for any Linux OS as well, no cost (except for the blank CD), legally (unlike criminals like you who steal copyrighted software we don't break the law).

wow. thats a whole lotta desperation in that post, koder. It's funny how you go from trying to rationalize the giant fail of ubuntu 7.1 and the NECESSITY of updating to the next version while pretending that you've never ripped a fucking program you big fucking baby. I'd bet jacks, joes and dominoes that you have, at the very least, ripped mp3s in your posession right this very second. but hey, Koder the Expert has a way of claiming shit that *poof* magically becomes true.

sad.

Lightwave is inferior, because you have to pay a fortune for the same level of software as you get for free from Blender.

and this is why it's so funny when you claim to be an expert at anything having to do with computing.

Here's what I prefer in order:
1. Unix
2. Linux - like Ubuntu
3. Mac
4. Windows XP

I currently use all of them, mostly XP.

I have to save up for Unix, going to get a server soon and I would prefer it over Linux for that because of the company support. But I may get Ubuntu Server at first just so I can get the server sooner.

Linux is by far superior, however most people don't know how to work it. Windows Vista is a piece of shit. The new Windows 7 is a nice system so far....I have been suing the Beta for about 5 months now and I like it. It's so much better then Vista.

For the average user windows 7 will be a great OS, it has a nice architecture and is easy to use. I will always prefer Linux tho, anyone who has a decent understanding of computers would probably agree.

Anyone who thinks Mac's or their OS"s are good machines know nothing.

Linux is by far superior, however most people don't know how to work it. Windows Vista is a piece of shit. The new Windows 7 is a nice system so far....I have been suing the Beta for about 5 months now and I like it. It's so much better then Vista.

For the average user windows 7 will be a great OS, it has a nice architecture and is easy to use. I will always prefer Linux tho, anyone who has a decent understanding of computers would probably agree.

Anyone who thinks Mac's or their OS"s are good machines know nothing.

oh SNAP!

wow. thats a whole lotta desperation in that post, koder. It's funny how you go from trying to rationalize the giant fail of ubuntu 7.1 and the NECESSITY of updating to the next version while pretending that you've never ripped a fucking program you big fucking baby. I'd bet jacks, joes and dominoes that you have, at the very least, ripped mp3s in your posession right this very second. but hey, Koder the Expert has a way of claiming shit that *poof* magically becomes true.

sad.

I own all the CDs to every MP3 I have, which they are all ripped from the CDs so I can play them in my MP3 player. Those few which I have had that I didn't own the CDs were purchased legally from the web, but I lost those a long time ago when my Windoze computer crashed. I have never used any software illegally, everything I have on my computer is 100% legal or my own work. No, I don't believe in breaking the law, for any reason other than self preservation. Businesses trust me with their most sensitive data, do they trust you? I sure hope not. Ripping MP3s is not illegal by the way, if you own the CDs or paid for them and do not share them with anyone (which I haven't done either). The only ones I have done for a few friends were from videos on Youtube, which I don't keep myself.

Stop projecting your inadequacies and criminal behavior onto other people, and stop shilling. Linux is a strong stable and versatile system, more so than Windoze, popular doesn't always mean better and you can't admit that. You are worse than the Mac elitists (not all Mac users, just the arrogant ones ;)).

Forum List

Back