Whats your first reaction?

Ok, since the thread has long since puttered out, heres the story of the tattoo:

A few months before my father died, my brother who was still living here in Illinois, got the Swedish flag tattooed on his arm. When he got around to telling the Pops, Dad wasnt too happy about it as he was pretty much against piercings and tattoos. However, since it was a Swedish flag he said, he was gonna cut it off my bros arm and tan it. The Swedish flag couldnt just be tossed out like that.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke up and asked me when I was gonna get mine. My reply was "With that reaction, the day you die!"

Sure enough, he died somewhat unexpectanly not long afterwards. Right after the doctor informed of his death, I thought about the tattoo conversation and got a good chuckle, despite the tears.

I had the cash on hand, so I went and had it done. Something of a memory of funny time with my Dad. I dont regret it.

I have a half hispanic brother and he married a total hispanic chic, so in my family, race is obviously not even considered. Obviously, I'm not racist whatsoever.

Forum List

Back