• 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
MethodHide Photos

Read more: Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com
I like avocado with sushi. Not with tuna.

Avocado also tastes good on a BLT -- call it BLTA.

If you have the patience to quarter them, add some grapes. Some chopped celery and a very little bit of sliced green onion. A friend of mine adds chopped walnuts, as well.

This recipe looks good.
  • 90a7355df3c927b3b6d143f8f43d994f.jpg

• 1 5-ounce can tuna, preferably packed in olive oil, drained
  • 1/2 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup minced celery
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
MethodHide Photos

Read more: Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com
I like avocado with sushi. Not with tuna.

Avocado also tastes good on a BLT -- call it BLTA.
\I'm not asushi fan, but it is good on BLT's.

Tuna, chopped hard boiled eggs, onions, celery, Dijon, horseradish, mayo, sweet pickle relish (to balance acidity from Dijon and prepared horseradish) salt, ground black or white pepper.
All ingredients are according to your taste.
Holy sh!t !!

This sounds more like my potato salad recipe than tuna.
That's the idea. Try it. Suppressing tuna flavor to a mild enjoyable one unless you love fishy fish flavor, of course.

If you have the patience to quarter them, add some grapes. Some chopped celery and a very little bit of sliced green onion. A friend of mine adds chopped walnuts, as well.
That's more like in the realm of a chicken salad.

That's more like in the realm of a chicken salad.
I think I might have been thinking of turkey. I don't do mayo salads anymore, so it's been a long time.

I dotn really do tuna salad, but I make a mean chicken salad. Don't see why you couldnt do it the same..
I substitute mayo for nonfat yogurt and use spicy brown mustard and lemon juice(not much, just to calm down the yogurt flavor). Sliced pickle, pepper, eggs, cranberries, grapes, apples, and a nut. Cashews or crushed pecans?
ooooooooohhhhhhhh pistachios!
PS I use purple and green grapes for color. Could do the same thing with apples. maybe red and green?
YUM

For me it's two slices of whole grain wheat bread with tuna mixed with chopped onion and bread 'n butter pickles in not too much mayo. Lately been getting the new olive oil mayos out now.

I dotn really do tuna salad, but I make a mean chicken salad. Don't see why you couldnt do it the same..
I substitute mayo for nonfat yogurt and use spicy brown mustard and lemon juice(not much, just to calm down the yogurt flavor). Sliced pickle, pepper, eggs, cranberries, grapes, apples, and a nut. Cashews or crushed pecans?
PS I use purple and green grapes for color. Could do the same thing with apples. maybe red and green?
YUM

Chicken salad is preferable to tuna, I'm not a fan of tuna.

YUM

A nice chicken salad, this would be a mixture of Iceberg lettuce, Merveille des Quatre Saisons lettuce (this has a fantastic flavour and it's leaves are a beautiful pink coloured), Lollo Bionda lettuce and Lollo Rosso lettuce with chopped celery, chopped cucumber, chopped red peppers, avocados, chopped vine tomatoes, Bella di Cerignola olives (the black ones and also the red ones), Nocellara del Belice olives which are large and green (they're also called Castelvetrano olives), chopped apricots, black grapes and red grapes.

For the dressing an Extra Virgin Olive oil and some ground black pepper and some ground garlic salt.

This is the olive oil that we buy, Giuseppe Calvi from Oneglia, Western Liguria on the Italian Riviera, in the Imperia region of Western Italy on the coast, not far from the Italian border with Monaco, the main city of Liguria is Genoa.

129102770246ba22fe88e26d8d539d55.jpg

Forum List

Back