What's your favorite steakhouse?

Needless to say, steakhouses and Chicago are synonymous. Capitol Grille and Ruth's Chris are great, but for old time Chicago:

Gene & Georgetti's.

The steakhouses are redemption for an otherwise cold and corrupt city.

God knows the Bears still suck.

Chicago politics suck and Chicago is now cold, but when it's not it's a great place to shop, get culture, and great restaurants. Besides, we have the best lakefront anywhere, not to mention the skyline. ;)

Needless to say, steakhouses and Chicago are synonymous. Capitol Grille and Ruth's Chris are great, but for old time Chicago:

Gene & Georgetti's.

Chicago politics suck and Chicago is now cold, but when it's not it's a great place to shop, get culture, and great restaurants. Besides, we have the best lakefront anywhere, not to mention the skyline. ;)

Yeahbut, they stop running the water taxis after Labor Day and a couple months later it's too damned cold to hang out down there.

Gene & Georgetti's.

Yeah. That skyline looks the best in your rear view mirror as you are driving out of the city.

Yeahbut, they stop running the water taxis after Labor Day and a couple months later it's too damned cold to hang out down there.

Yep, but the Odyssey still cruises after Labor Day and has great food and heat! :lol:

I can't say that Chicago would be one of my winter getaways, if I could getaway I would.

Yep, but the Odyssey still cruises after Labor Day and has great food and heat! :lol:

I can't say that Chicago would be one of my winter getaways, if I could getaway I would.

You could do worse than the Mag Mile around the Holidays.

Beautiful? Yes. But nearly always freezing and the wind will knock you over! Not saying I don't go downtown, but not walking like in decent weather.

Beautiful? Yes. But nearly always freezing and the wind will knock you over! Not saying I don't go downtown, but not walking like in decent weather.

And the Starbucks are clogged with little girls and their moms and their American Girl dolls.

Is the Weber Grill still there? Sit right by the fire and you'll stay warm and leave smelling like charcoal!

And the Starbucks are clogged with little girls and their moms and their American Girl dolls.

Is the Weber Grill still there? Sit right by the fire and you'll stay warm and leave smelling like charcoal!

I've only been to the Weber Grill in Lombard, never remember seeing one downtown. Seems there's one on State Street, but too far a walk in winter from Michigan Ave. Now a great restaurant, right off of Michigan:

Lawry's. You gotta love Prime Rib though! Split a carafe of wine, then make a quick walk to the dueling pianos at Howl At The Moon!
Which reminds me, I must book my daughter's bachelorette party there! She got engaged at Navy Pier last Sunday on the Ferris Wheel, looks like Oct. 1 or 2nd next year will be the date!

Forum List

Back