What's your favorite steakhouse?

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
I hit this one for my birthday nearly every year. This year will be special as it's my mom's 70th and my 50th. It's Peter Luger's in Brooklyn NYC.

Peter Luger Steakhouse

Yeah..it's kind of cliche..but heck..it's a great place. Gruff waiters and they haven't changed the interior since they opened. That, to me, adds to the charm. Couple that with absolutely amazing food..and great drinks..and you can't beat it.

What's yours?

I hit this one for my birthday nearly every year. This year will be special as it's my mom's 70th and my 50th. It's Peter Luger's in Brooklyn NYC.

Peter Luger Steakhouse

Yeah..it's kind of cliche..but heck..it's a great place. Gruff waiters and they haven't changed the interior since they opened. That, to me, adds to the charm. Couple that with absolutely amazing food..and great drinks..and you can't beat it.

What's yours?

Texas Roadhouse

Peter Luger Steakhouse

What's yours?

I just went to my new fav in Montreal. Gibby's

http://www.gibbys.com/index.php

The mood is just like their website and additionally - French waiters

Last edited:
Buying a well marbled porterhouse at a local butcher and grilling it in your backyard...I agree...that is pretty awesome.

Logans Roadhouse.

I still need to try out their marinade recipe that someone here linked me to a while back though. I might be able to beat Logans.

I raise my own beef. It does wind up flozen though in individual vacuum sealed bags.

Last edited:
Buying a well marbled porterhouse at a local butcher and grilling it in your backyard...I agree...that is pretty awesome.

Yep.

My favorite is grilled on the outside and bloody red on the inside.

Yep...put the coals right in the middle...get the iron screaming hot. Slap them on there, 3-4 minutes each side and then put them as far away from the coals as you can for another 15-20 minutes.
Nice black grill marks, well seared and brown to pink to red at the very center.
No sauce necessary please.

Yep.

My favorite is grilled on the outside and bloody red on the inside.

Yep...put the coals right in the middle...get the iron screaming hot. Slap them on there, 3-4 minutes each side and then put them as far away from the coals as you can for another 15-20 minutes.
Nice black grill marks, well seared and brown to pink to red at the very center.
No sauce necessary please.

I'd probably go for 10 minutes..but heck..that sounds damn good!

Forum List

Back