What's your favorite sandwich?

The Black Friday: leftover turkey & ham with a smidge of stuffing and a splash of gravy on grilled sourdough.

A pimento cheese sandwich on home made bread. I make my own. The cheese has to be freshly grated cheddar cheese so it isn't smooshed together. Any brand jar of pimentos will do. Just put the pimentos on one side and the cheese on the other! That is a great sandwich!

Be specific...bread type?...toppings?...cheese?

I have so many!!!

Warm slow roasted pork with crispy skin, arugula and caramelized onions.... on a toasted ciabatta roll soaked in the juices with mayo.

Warm Tongue on rye with Russian dressing.

Vine ripened heirloom tomatoes with basil, on wheat toast with mayo.

Fried egg with bacon on wheat bread with mayo and a touch of ketchup.

Cold rare lamb with sage, a thin slice of tomato and mixed greens on focaccia bread with mayo.

the list is endless!

:cool:

A juicy hamburger!!!

Tomato, lettuce, red onion, mayo and catsup.

medium well, with lettuce, tomato, pickles mayo and ketchup on a soft roll, (not bready) but the mayo has to be on the lettuce/tomato side and the ketchup on the burger side.

no onion. :thup:

warm grilled salmon with arugula and curried mayo on lightly toasted pumpernickel

roast beef sandwich dipped in gravy from Brennan and Carr

turkey with chopped liver from Second Ave Deli

Last edited:
My all time favorite is a Primanti Brothers Roast Beef

primanti-brothers.jpg

The Reuben: corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing ...on buttered/grilled rye.

That's exactly what I was going to say (only 1000 on the side).

My fave sandwich depends on the mood I am in, and most often, I am in the mood for a Reuben.

Also, croque monsieur, or turkey with avocado lettuce mayo (must have lettuce for texture, otherwise it's just mushy...bleech), or BLT.

Last edited:
My all time favorite is a Primanti Brothers Roast Beef

primanti-brothers.jpg

i've seen that one on TV. always thought it might be worth the trip to pittsburgh to taste it.

It is worth the trip.

Every time I'm even close to Pittsburgh I have to get one.

Unfortunately my reasons for heading out that way are pretty much gone these days.

If anyone wants to fed ex one to me though....

Mayo on burgers? And no onion???>?>????

What is WRONG with folks?

;)

This man knows a good burger ( enthusiastic 5 Guys customer...too cute)

Last edited by a moderator:
A Crawfish Po'boy

With only shredded green leaf lettuce and Remoulade Sauce!

attachment.php

I was thinking something close.... fried shrimp, lotta cayenne, romaine lettuce with a little ranch dressing......but it has to be the real Nawlin's Po'boy bread... crunchy on the outside and hot and almost gummy on the inside with some finally cut red onions.......heaven!:eusa_drool::cool:

Forum List

Back