What´s your favorite classic car?

Mr. Sauerkraut

Dec 23, 2010
Heart of Germany
Hi.

Everybody knows that the americans are the "Car nation". When i look at ebay how many survivors from all over the decades are still on the road, it takes me no wonder. Me personally love your cars very much, especially these american dreamcruisers from the 50ths to the mid 70ths. Currently it´s the Buick Riviera Boattail and I see at the prizes, that this funny monster becomes a classic of high value. What´s your american dreamcar?

I have a few...

1968-Shelby-Restored-Shelby-GT500KR-Convertible-428-CJ.jpg

1970-white-plymouth-aar-cuda-pictures-1.jpg

mufp_0707_01_z+1965_sunbeam_tiger_Mk1+front.jpg

I like the Aston Martin DB5.

DB5.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

The early Corvettes are sexy too.

Last edited:
I've got one for the 70's, 60's and 50's -
'76 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible.

I had one Identical to this one.

76eldorado.jpg

'66 Buick Riviera.

66_Buick_Riviera_5_large.jpg

'51 Chevy Fastback

I had a '53 Styleline but never a fastback.

EDIT - I never realized this, but my favorite classics are all GM's, yet in daily drivers, we buy nothing but Fords.

Last edited:

i can´t imagine that there was a time when these artworks went to the junkyard.

Well, it seems to be the usual suspects. What was the last "real" classic. Are there cars from the 80ths or 90ths which would become a dreamcar of tomorrow?

I like these:
8715270_1.jpg
and i wonder how cheap they are on ebay. probably is the maintenance of these beauties beyond any affordability.

btw: i just found this:

133044-1127.jpg

Golf 2 with an northstar engine. Well, engeneering is our faible...

I drive a 72 Bronco every day (not all original anymore, it has a 351 :), but the Mercury 8 may be the greatest American car ever made.

images

i can´t imagine that there was a time when these artworks went to the junkyard.

Well, it seems to be the usual suspects. What was the last "real" classic. Are there cars from the 80ths or 90ths which would become a dreamcar of tomorrow?

I like these:
8715270_1.jpg
and i wonder how cheap they are on ebay. probably is the maintenance of these beauties beyond any affordability.

btw: i just found this:

133044-1127.jpg

Golf 2 with an northstar engine. Well, engeneering is our faible...

:lol: :lol: :lol: I drive an El Dorado just like the one in the pic except mine has the Landau top and the factory mag wheels. It's a real smooth ride. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know which would be my favorite car - but at least I could identify the makes of cars way back when. Today? No so much - they all look alike.

my dad had one of these...

IMG_0477_wm%20%28907%20x%20680%29.jpg

my mom had this..

4262400283_a820975823.jpg

the caddy was about a foot longer than the station wagon. the door weighed as much as my cabrio.

500cid in the caddy; mom had to make do with a measly 390 :lol:

Forum List

Back