What's wrong with voting on morals?

Deornwulf

Nov 10, 2004
The arrogance of the Leftists is amazing. They are still harping on how foolish it was for Americans to vote for President Bush based on their moral values....which leads one to ask, on what basis should one vote? Should one attempt to be ammoral in considerations of who should lead the country? Wouldn't that lead to Machiavellian thinking that the Libs claim to deplore? Or worse yet, should one vote immorally? Wouldn't that lead to the excesses and greed also deplored by the Liberals?

The current ranting, raving, and whining by the Democrats and their media mouthpieces would have one believe that the Inquisition was coming back and pillories and stockades would be reappearing in town squares along with the requisite witch dunkings and adultery brandings. :bs1: The pendulum never swings far from the center.

What may really be behind the whining of the Left Coast is the fact that the pendulum is swinging back to the center, away from the extreme left where they have been trying to push it. America is growing tired of the trashy antics of celebrities, it does not wish to have a Liberal agenda forced upon it by activist judges, and did not believe that Senator Kerry could possibly relate to the common people.

If one looks deeply at the message being sent by the Democrats, one must conclude that the Democrats think nothing of selling out one's values for comfort, security, government subsidies, etc. -- which is ironic since the Democrats would have been unable to deliver on any of its promises.

Liberal pundits have claimed that November 3rd was a "Black Day for Democracy." One must conclude that they think Democracy means only voting for Democrats. People certainly exercised their democratic rights on Election Day and sent clear messages at all levels of government, which is exactly how a democracy is supposed to work. Instead of whining about how Americans won't vote for their Liberal agenda and "good" intentions, why not find out how to represent the needs of ALL of the people that the candidates are supposed to represent?

Unfortunately, many have come to equate morality with religion. While it is true that many of our moral values have come from religion, one does not have to be religious to have morals.

CSM said:
Unfortunately, many have come to equate morality with religion. While it is true that many of our moral values have come from religion, one does not have to be religious to have morals.

Well, I find myself surprised with your statement here. I agree

All is coming along according to plan. Don't worry non-Chrisitians, the death camps won't be too uncomforatble (we will use a lethal injection -- it's painless!). We are building them now in Alaska and Northern Minnesota :)

Unfortunaltly Bush seems to have forgotten the plan, what with letting Dark Lord and Grand High Wizard Ashcroft retire, and only nailing 2 countries in 4 years (now we'll need like...what? a country a week invaded?) but no matter! Soon those boxcars will be a rolln', and the Evil Theocratic Amerikan Empire shall be born!

theim said:
All is coming along according to plan. Don't worry non-Chrisitians, the death camps won't be too uncomforatble (we will use a lethal injection -- it's painless!). We are building them now in Alaska and Northern Minnesota :)

Unfortunaltly Bush seems to have forgotten the plan, what with letting Dark Lord and Grand High Wizard Ashcroft retire, and only nailing 2 countries in 4 years (now we'll need like...what? a country a week invaded?) but no matter! Soon those boxcars will be a rolln', and the Evil Theocratic Amerikan Empire shall be born!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :dev1:

Bonnie said:
There is noting wrong with voting on morals.........It's called freedom!!

I agree. I also believe what a lot of Libs are so mad about is the fact that they can't do anything about it. People that have strong moral values,usually try to carry them into everyday life. The values are very important to them,so naturally,voting for a man that has those same values is the route they are going to take. If a person believes abortion is horrble,they sure aren't going to vote for a pro choice candidate,plain and simple. There is nothing wrong with a President behaving in the White House and trying to set a good moral standard for the country. I believe that national defense played a big part as well as moral values in this election.

would some one explain to me why the democrats are against moral and ethical decision making?

oh yea .... brothers sleeping with marlin monroe ..... girlfriends trapped in a car in a river .... cigars dipped in wellllllll ........ shooting people in the back .... nevermind

manu1959 said:
would some one explain to me why the democrats are against moral and ethical decision making?

oh yea .... brothers sleeping with marlin monroe ..... girlfriends trapped in a car in a river .... cigars dipped in wellllllll ........ shooting people in the back .... nevermind

Your missing the point that's all called Camelot!! LOL

manu1959 said:

They are against moral and ethical decision making because then some things would have to be labled "wrong". As in "don't do them".

Democrats are moral relativists. They do not believe anything is right or wrong, just different. They do not do this because of some deep-rooted belief. They think it because of politics.

The Democrats are a "big tent" party. They include alot of fringe groups. Labeling something like satanism morally wrong would lose them votes. Therefore Satanic worship is not wrong, just different.

And if you disagree you are a bigoted homophobic racist.

theim said:
They are against moral and ethical decision making because then some things would have to be labled "wrong". As in "don't do them".

Democrats are moral relativists. They do not believe anything is right or wrong, just different. They do not do this because of some deep-rooted belief. They think it because of politics.

The Democrats are a "big tent" party. They include alot of fringe groups. Labeling something like satanism morally wrong would lose them votes. Therefore Satanic worship is not wrong, just different.

And if you disagree you are a bigoted homophobic racist.

Same thing with Hollyweird, they want to set the example and show us all how enlightened we should be through their lifestyle's, they want us all to think they are cool and look up to them not think them immoral, their egos can't take America thinking they are flakes, so they go on the offensive and change the play book, put middle America on the defensive for going to church, raising moral kids, etc............

Could somebody tell me how it is possible to vote without morals?

I will give some examples: One believes it is right to give money to an "artist" that poops in a bag and throws a crucifix in with the feces. One would vote Democratic because they give that kind of money away. This hypothetical person voted because they thought it was the right thing to do. That is a moral decision based on their opinions and values.

Now One believes that insulting another's religion is a "not good" thing and that it is not "art" when one does it. That person votes Republican because they believe that the Republicans give less money to wackos with poop bags. They have also made a decision based on their morals and values.

Now let's get into the more realistic examples like.

You believe that it is morally superior to give other people's money away in a good feeling rub through Federally mandated programs to people in need. You vote Democrat because they work to do just that. That is a moral choice and based on values and opinion.

You believe that it is morally superior to teach somebody something worthwhile to do so they can contribute to society and that limiting the amount of money that a person can get from the government when in need and while learning this particular skill gives incentive to learn more quickly and that this is also a good thing. You would vote Republican because they are more likely to work towards that goal. This was a values based decision based on morals as well.

Can somebody give me an example of how a person voted without their values and moral principles coming into play?

The difference is Liberal morals are secular so they are okay, but Conservative morals include well actually deciding something is wrong thus making us wrong-- you see!! Supporting an artist that poops on a crucifix is okay but voting for a President who doesn't believe it's right to kill babies is wrong and judgemental............. It's really very simple!! :thup:

Bonnie said:
The difference is Liberal morals are secular so they are okay, but Conservative morals include well actually deciding something is wrong thus making us wrong-- you see!! Supporting an artist that poops on a crucifix is okay but voting for a President who doesn't believe it's right to kill babies is wrong and judgemental............. It's really very simple!! :thup:

Simple? Yeah, right. :wtf:

Can anybody please supply me with a list of Secular Morals? Since the secular liberals are NOW claiming that they are "moral", I'd sure like to know exactly what their morals are.

Anybody?

Forum List

Back