What's Wrong With This Picture?

It seems the headline may be misleading.

Case of the Week : Self-Defense Claim Lost When Defender Becomes Aggressor

I'd like more information before coming to any sort of judgement. What are the details involved? Was the original assault over, followed by Sumpter attempting to get revenge? How much time was there between the assault in the shop, the assaulters leaving the shop, and Sumpter going outside after them?

I'd like more information before coming to any sort of judgement. What are the details involved? Was the original assault over, followed by Sumpter attempting to get revenge? How much time was there between the assault in the shop, the assaulters leaving the shop, and Sumpter going outside after them?
He should have never left the shop. At that point he is demonstrating he was not in fear of his life so its not self defense.

He should have never left the shop. At that point he is demonstrating he was not in fear of his life so its not self defense.

That would depend on the circumstances involved. He could have left the shop in an attempt to get away from the assaulters. There just aren't enough available details IMO.

Judge John Blawie needs to go back to law school....where he obviously lost his common sense.....

That would depend on the circumstances involved. He could have left the shop in an attempt to get away from the assaulters. There just aren't enough available details IMO.
I agree. He could have started the whole thing and got his ass kicked. Its unclear why they kicked his ass.

Forum List

Back