What's Wrong With This Picture?

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
I heard this on Glenn Beck yesterday (yes, he airs a Saturday show now), but I can't find the article online. If you quote me in the reply, indicate where you think the story *first* starts going wrong, not when it goes the worst, but the first red flag.

Recently a thirteen year old girl and her fifteen year old boyfriend made a startling discovery. They found out that, as a consequence of their sexual activity, she was pregnant. She didn't know what to do, so she hid it by wearing thick coats and clothes and managed to get away with it for months. One day, she was sitting in her room when her water broke and she went into labor. She delivered the kid alone in her room while her mom was asleep in the other bedroom. The girl cuts the umbilical cord and then, out of panic, dumped the kid out of her apartment window into the alley. A while later, the boyfriend showed up and was let in by the mom. The girl, in tears, told her boyfriend (still not the mom) she had given birth. The boyfriend, in a wave of fatherhood instinct, asked to see the cute little guy and if the kid looked anything like him. The girl then confessed she had thrown the kid out the window into the alley. In the first wave of logic of this whole story, the boyfriends says something to the effect of "WHAT?!" and rushed into the alley to find this baby dead. At this point, dear old Mom...is still clueless.

Now, there's a lot of blame to go around here. Remember to point out the first red flag. First of all, the blame goes to the irresponsible girl who killed an innocent baby to cover up her mistake. There's even more blame going to the boyfriend, who sexually took advantage of a thirteen year old girl, and encouraged her to hide her pregnancy. However, I think most of the blame goes to the OBLIVIOUS mom.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hobbit said:
I heard this on Glenn Beck yesterday (yes, he airs a Saturday show now), but I can't find the article online. If you quote me in the reply, indicate where you think the story *first* starts going wrong, not when it goes the worst, but the first red flag.

Recently a thirteen year old girl and her fifteen year old boyfriend made a startling discovery. They found out that, as a consequence of their sexual activity, she was pregnant. She didn't know what to do, so she hid it by wearing thick coats and clothes and managed to get away with it for months. One day, she was sitting in her room when her water broke and she went into labor. She delivered the kid alone in her room while her mom was asleep in the other bedroom. The girl cuts the umbilical cord and then, out of panic, dumped the kid out of her apartment window into the alley. A while later, the boyfriend showed up and was let in by the mom. The girl, in tears, told her boyfriend (still not the mom) she had given birth. The boyfriend, in a wave of fatherhood instinct, asked to see the cute little guy and if the kid looked anything like him. The girl then confessed she had thrown the kid out the window into the alley. In the first wave of logic of this whole story, the boyfriends says something to the effect of "WHAT?!" and rushed into the alley to find this baby dead. At this point, dear old Mom...is still clueless.

Now, there's a lot of blame to go around here. Remember to point out the first red flag. First of all, the blame goes to the irresponsible girl who killed an innocent baby to cover up her mistake. There's even more blame going to the boyfriend, who sexually took advantage of a thirteen year old girl, and encouraged her to hide her pregnancy. However, I think most of the blame goes to the OBLIVIOUS mom.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
he took advantage of her? i dont think i read that part. jsut because they had sex doesnt mean she was taken advantage of. but yes all of them are to blame. mom must have been blind to the fact that the girl had gained weight. or more to the point, gained around the midsection!

a 15 year old taking advantage of a 13 year old? I dont think so. Most 15 year old boys i know dont even know how to cross the street let alone take advantage of a girl basically the same age for sex. IF it was an 18 year old or even a 17 year old i could see the "taking advantage of angle" coming into effect. But this i blame on the parents EXCLUSIVELY. A 13 year old girl doesnt know how to deal with something like that. A parent should have been aware and stepped in.

Teen on Teen sex isn't anyone taking advantage. Mutual Stupidity is more like it. Killing the baby is murder. Hope our teen gets locked up for life wo/parole (no death penalty for 13 y/o unfortunitly). Mom needs to be horsewhipped by a hired mugger. Hire out the beating because while she was stupid I don't know if a case for negligence could be made.

Ok, let's put this in perspective. A thirteen year old is *just* getting into puberty and is still pretty naive. By fifteen, a guy is thining up excuses to get girls into bed. Add the two year difference, which, by my standards and by those of most parents I've talked to is too much for kids that young, and you've got a huge disaster. Do any of the guys out there remember fifteen and the stuff that went through your head about that time? Also, think of it like this. A thirteen year old girl is in what, sixth, seventh grade? A fifteen year old is in *high school*. It's too much at that age. Like I used to say, maybe if they were 22 and 20 or even as low as 18 and 16 it might be ok, but *not* 15 and 13.

girls reach puberty ALOT earlier then boys. These 2 were probably at the same maturity level despite their age difference. They are 2 children that made ill-advised decisions. Like i said, most 15 year olds i know of or hear about from my GF (a school teacher) cant think for themselves let alone devise a plan to coerce a girl into bed.

Parents should be charged.

Hobbit said:
Ok, let's put this in perspective. A thirteen year old is *just* getting into puberty and is still pretty naive. By fifteen, a guy is thining up excuses to get girls into bed. Add the two year difference, which, by my standards and by those of most parents I've talked to is too much for kids that young, and you've got a huge disaster. Do any of the guys out there remember fifteen and the stuff that went through your head about that time? Also, think of it like this. A thirteen year old girl is in what, sixth, seventh grade? A fifteen year old is in *high school*. It's too much at that age. Like I used to say, maybe if they were 22 and 20 or even as low as 18 and 16 it might be ok, but *not* 15 and 13.
when i was a freshman in highschool there were kids having kids. not that im saying it ok, jsut saying this isnt something new.
but the things that went through my head were the same things that were going through everyoens head at the time. you cant limit that to jsut the male part of the equation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back