What's wrong with this guy?

Originally posted by freeandfun1
3rd Battalion, 15th Infantry, 24th ID. We were the "Hail Mary" that went into Iraq to cut of the retreat of the Republican Guard units. Barry McCaffrey was our division commander and is the one that got into trouble for having us wipe out a Republican Guard division in the Rumaila oilfields after the cease fire was called.....

We were told to stop their retreat and to keep them from taking their weapons (tanks, artillery, AA, etc.) and that is what we did. It was not as bad as many of the blog sites state, but it wasn't pretty either.

Wow, your division was at the tip of the spear.

http://www.tim-thompson.com/desert-storm.jpg

Were you riding a Bradley and did you ever get to dismount?

lots of times.... we spent a great deal of our time rounding up POWs. The most exciting (if that is the word for it) times were the night before our assault on Jaliba Airfield (we took artillery off and on all night) and then watching the A10's pound the airbase before our assualt for about an hour from about 5 - 6 AM. Then we did our charge!

Overall, we didn't see a lot of true combat. They were no match for us and we pretty much just wupped their arses. Our unit lost a couple to friendly fire, but none that I can recall from enemy fire.

I was up almost three days straight during the initial assault and dead tired by the time they called the cease-fire.....

Originally posted by freeandfun1
goodnight! I am off to bed......

Thanks for the interesting comments on the prophecy, and the rest of the conversation tonight. It's really been a good time, and I'm glad to get to know ya brother!

:beer:

Forum List

Back