What's wrong with this guy?

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
I have answered that I blame them no more or less than the Bush administration, but I am wrong: I am sure, knowing my son, that somewhere during their association with him these men became aware of what an extraordinary man my son was. I take comfort that when they did the awful thing they did, they weren't quite as in to it as they might have been. I am sure that they came to admire him.

I am sure that the one who wielded the knife felt Nick's breath on his hand and knew that he had a real human being there. I am sure that the others looked into my son's eyes and got at least a glimmer of what the rest of the world sees. And I am sure that these murderers, for just a brief moment, did not like what they were doing.

-Michael Berg, father of slaughtered Nick Berg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1221644,00.html

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is living in fantasy land?

Typical of the left. He is using his own son's death to advance his personal agenda. If his son truly was a "big" supporter of Bush as he claims, why would he disparage his son like this? Why is he using his son like this?

This man is sick!

I said in another thread a few days ago that you have to wonder if Nick wasn't, somehow, trying to get his father's "approval" by going to Iraq, got himself killed and now his father is feeling guilt so he is acting out in a strange manner.

This man seems to have no empathy for his son and seems to be more occupied in using his son's death to promote his own agenda!

Shouldn't be any surprise other than he's not outraged at anybody who would kill his son. This kind of misguided and mistaken thinking is prevalent aming many Americans today. These killers are no better than rabid dogs and should be shot down in the same manner that you would a rabid dog. Then they should be buried in some hole in the middle of the desert somewhere so the sandstorms finally reveal their holes and the tarantulas finally devour them.

Keep in mind that we have no idea what either of the father or son have going on in politics, military, islamic, or any other circles.

For all we know, both could be agents and one is spreading disinformation about the other.

No matter how wacky it seems, we know nothing about either's lives.

Or it could be just that the man is still in a terrible state of grief and pain over the death of his son. my opinion anyway.

DK I have a son and I assure you that I and everybody else that I know who has a son would not ever entertain saying that these guys and the president are equal to blame in his death. Thats fucking crazy! I wouldn't give a shit who the pres was, what goddamn party he was from or if he drank goddamn budweiser. My every waking and probably my nocturnal thoughts would be to slaughter that fuck with the machete like the fucking pig that he is.

Knowing me, I would already be in Greece loaded for bear and on my way to being smuggled into Iraq through Turkey with a few Greek mercenaries and the mission would be finished when either I had this sumbitches head in my knapsack or I was dead.

For this dickweed Michael Berg to think any other way in my book makes him half a man.

BTW I know you have a stepson so maybe you do know how I feel, I don't know what the relationship is so don't misunderstand me.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Or it could be just that the man is still in a terrible state of grief and pain over the death of his son. my opinion anyway.

I think it's the grief, and that has to be absolutely horrible.

I know you guys probably heard where he was already dead when they sawed his head off.

The kid may have been absolutely wonderful, but these guys don't care about that, and him being Jewish, don't think it would have bothered them.

Some people do live in a fantasyland, and it would be nice if that was how people are, but they aren't, and at some point you have to identify the enemy. Bush is not the enemy.

Originally posted by OCA
DK I have a son and I assure you that I and everybody else that I know who has a son would not ever entertain saying that these guys and the president are equal to blame in his death. Thats fucking crazy! I wouldn't give a shit who the pres was, what goddamn party he was from or if he drank goddamn budweiser. My every waking and probably my nocturnal thoughts would be to slaughter that fuck with the machete like the fucking pig that he is.

Knowing me, I would already be in Greece loaded for bear and on my way to being smuggled into Iraq through Turkey with a few Greek mercenaries and the mission would be finished when either I had this sumbitches head in my knapsack or I was dead.

For this dickweed Michael Berg to think any other way in my book makes him half a man.

BTW I know you have a stepson so maybe you do know how I feel, I don't know what the relationship is so don't misunderstand me.

Death of a child affects people in major dramatic ways, some more than others. I've seen marriages break up over the death of a child, I've seen people get so depressed that they become hermits, I've read where others have killed themselves outright because of that death. OCA, thats how you would react, I'm pretty sure I'd react the same way given the circumstances. Maybe Berg's father is more unstable than most.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Death of a child affects people in major dramatic ways, some more than others. I've seen marriages break up over the death of a child, I've seen people get so depressed that they become hermits, I've read where others have killed themselves outright because of that death. OCA, thats how you would react, I'm pretty sure I'd react the same way given the circumstances. Maybe Berg's father is more unstable than most.

That's right! The death of a child is impossible. He's probably in the anger phase of the grief, and the anger phase is really tough to handle.

I don't think I'd be criticizing the man too much, regardless of what was going on, his child is dead.

>Keep in mind that we have no idea what either of the father or son have going on in politics, military, islamic, or any other circles.
For all we know, both could be agents and one is spreading disinformation about the other.
No matter how wacky it seems, we know nothing about either's lives.<

I have a couple of problems with the Nick Berg thing. First his father is trying to get a payday out of it suing the government. Second I have a few problems with the video. Is it just me or did Berg not fight very hard for someone having his head sawed off. Also a doctor I know does believe that the video shows the actual execution. He says that if you cut someones head off, blood would splatter everywhere due to the preasure and the beating heart. The blood in just kind of poured down into a pool.

Originally posted by rcajun90
Is it just me or did Berg not fight very hard for someone having his head sawed off.

Myself and many others have been saying the same thing. Something stinks!

i dont get this guy. he must have gone insane with grief, even so why on earth would he excuse the guys that cut off his sons head! Does he really these guys saw his son as a real human being? Does he really think if they had seen him as a human being they would have sawed his head off!??! I just dont get it.

Originally posted by Tippy Toes
I don't think I'd be criticizing the man too much, regardless of what was going on, his child is dead.

Under normal circumstances I might not either, but when he takes the step to write a column for a widely distributed newspaper attacking our President and his policies in the way that he did I don't feel his loss shields him from criticism, nor should it.

If someone where to cut off my kid's head, me, Mr Remington, Mr Glock and Mr Colt would be going to have a little counselling session with the asshole. I would bring mr medic too, that way I could make the pain last a week a two before I cut his fucking head off and put it on a pike in the fucking asshole's hometown square.

Originally posted by Tippy Toes
I think it's the grief, and that has to be absolutely horrible.

I know you guys probably heard where he was already dead when they sawed his head off.

The kid may have been absolutely wonderful, but these guys don't care about that, and him being Jewish, don't think it would have bothered them.

Some people do live in a fantasyland, and it would be nice if that was how people are, but they aren't, and at some point you have to identify the enemy. Bush is not the enemy.

If you watched the video you heard his screams. No way was he previously dead. My heart broke for the father when I saw him on the ground, the other son cradleing him. No more.

That article in the Guardian is beyond the pale. Sorry, I for one have grave doubts about the son's beliefs, seeing that he said some blessing in Arabic to the hotel clerk hoping to return. He also is reported to have both Koranic verses and anti-Semetic literature on his body, which granted, may have been planted.

There is no doubt though of the father's ideology, he has gone way out of his way to make it more than clear. I believe he is sincere and think he should go to Iraq or Palestine to work for his causes.

There certainly is no shortage of media who are more than willing to spread the "news"
by Dillo

Wow, you heard that on the news? Where, I didn't. They said al Jeezera wasn't covering. You have Dish or Satellite, cause the US news didn't cover.

Berg's Father and Firm Were On A Right-Wing (FR Hit Piece) 'Enemies' List

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1135253/posts

"Just seven days after "Michael Berg" and "Prometheus Methods Tower Service" had come up on that Iraq war 'enemies' list, his son Nick Berg returned to Iraq under the business name of Prometheus Methods Tower Service."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/05/13/berg.encounter/index.html

According to Berg, his son was taking a course a few years ago at a remote campus of the University of Oklahoma near an airport. He described how on one particular day, his son met "some terrorist people -- who no one knew were terrorists at the time."

At one point during the bus ride, Berg said, the man sitting next to his son asked if he could use Nick's laptop computer.

"It turned out this guy was a terrorist and that he, you know, used my son's e-mail, amongst many other people's e-mail who he did the same thing to," Berg said.

Government sources said Berg gave the man his password, which was later used by Moussaoui, the sources said.

Unreviewed link but looks interesting:

Nick Berg's Killing: 50 Fishy Circumstances, Contradictory Claims, and Videotape Anomalies

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/5/15/22827/0477

A few key points that have been verified in the media relate to his failure to secure on site, over the course of several weeks, any work related to so-called specialty. Nor is there record of his attempting to contract with any of the approved companies involved in this process. That in itself is VERY strange.

Offhand conclusion: Like Father like Son.

Forum List

Back