Whats wrong with search functions

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
Search functions don't work right. Is anyone aware of that?

This morning I searched for a thread with a specific word in a title and it never appeared, but I was able to find it by just looking around. This has happened a lot. I also searched for posts posted by me specifically and they also did not show up, yet I was able to find them just by wandering around the forum.

Also, when I use the threads started by me function, they don't all show up.

Finally, the New Posts link does not show all the latest posts.

Is there any information about this? Thank you.

Last edited:
No--she's not asking, she's directing people to the other thread that TerriEinstein couldn't be bothered to notice before she opened another identical one.

KAT -- we have no search of contents for others. Lots of search isn't working. Flacaltenn made it sound as if all we'd lost was some redundant thing but it's not redundant. It's not possible to do a lot of searches. And it looks as if no one is going to try and fix it, just like last time didn't get restored either.

Well since it's free here don't worry about it.

No--she's not asking, she's directing people to the other thread that TerriEinstein couldn't be bothered to notice before she opened another identical one.

KAT -- we have no search of contents for others. Lots of search isn't working. Flacaltenn made it sound as if all we'd lost was some redundant thing but it's not redundant. It's not possible to do a lot of searches. And it looks as if no one is going to try and fix it, just like last time didn't get restored either.

I know. Try going to someone's Profile and Recent Activity, and see if you can see updated posts. I can, but not sure if others can.

We need to contact the "Powers that be" and get this fixed. Been going on a while now.

I know. Try going to someone's Profile and Recent Activity, and see if you can see updated posts. I can, but not sure if others can.

We need to contact the "Powers that be" and get this fixed. Been going on a while now.

I tried yours and Flas this morning.

no luck finding the thread Are we having some technical difficulties again? in either profile

Just took another look at yours.

Last post was 1:22am Saturday

I see your latest.

I see your latest.

:surprised1:

did they ever stop?

I see your latest.

:surprised1:

Recent Activity

As I said, I have noticed three things wrong with the search functions:
  • I search for a thread with a specific word in a title and it never appears, but I am able to find it by just looking around
  • Also, when I use the threads started by me function, they don't all show up.
  • Finally, the New Posts link does not show all the latest posts.
I just checked the list of threads I started and a bunch are missing.

Last edited:
Many times, I conduct searches to avoid posting duplicate threads. I try a variety of words and often come up empty. Then, at a later time, I find I've duplicated another.
Frustrating.

• I search for a thread with a specific word in a title and it never appears, but I am able to find it by just looking around

I know. The Search function has a lack of function. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Did you try to find things they way I suggested?

I know. The Search function has a lack of function. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Did you try to find things they way I suggested?

I want to see all threads started by me but I can't. Is there a better way?

Right now I go to Postings then click Find all threads by Terri4Trump

I want to see all threads started by me but I can't. Is there a better way?

Right now I go to Postings then click Find all threads by Terri4Trump

Yeah, it looks like that is not up to date either. Like I said, hopefully it will be working soon. If I could get to it, I would fix it. But, I can't.
:bang3:

A new thread I started earlier today appeared to post at the time but didn't show up in the forum where I posted. I posted it again in a different forum with a note to the moderators asking that they delete one of the two is it really had been duplicated.

A short while I got an "alert" that one of the posts - it didn't say which from which forum - was deleted (apparently as I had suggested). But neither post showed up. A little later I got another alert that the post had been moved to a different forum but it didn't say which one and it was not to be found.

Now we'll see if this "reply" shows up at all.

A new thread I started earlier today appeared to post at the time but didn't show up in the forum where I posted. I posted it again in a different forum with a note to the moderators asking that they delete one of the two is it really had been duplicated.

A short while I got an "alert" that one of the posts - it didn't say which from which forum - was deleted (apparently as I had suggested). But neither post showed up. A little later I got another alert that the post had been moved to a different forum but it didn't say which one and it was not to be found.

Now we'll see if this "reply" shows up at all.

I didn't pay attention to the forum, I deleted the OP that had no traffic on it.

Forum List

Back