Whats wrong with Newt Gingrich's immigration stance?

There clearly are people who would dislike Gingrich's position and would favor deporting they hypothetical 30 year old man: Immigration. 31% of voters polled opposed giving such a man citizenship, and surely a substantial fraction of those would favor deporting him rather than granting him legal residency.

My main problem with Gingrich's position on immigration is that he seems to wish to eliminate much of government's role. In the debate he said that he wanted to create citizen review boards to make decisions about whether to deport individual immigrants based on factors such as church membership. His website suggests hiring MasterCard to run a guest worker program. Neither of these "solutions" strike me as practical, even in comparison to our current rather impractical system.

OH, quite the contrary, I think his suggestion about MasterCard is awesome. I am amazed how much information the credit card companies have on me, and how quicly they can detect fraud. I personally think we should have a national ID law, and you can't get a job without that national ID.

Newt never suggested giving the man citizenship, he suggested he should be granted residency. Not the same thing.

Forum List

Back