What's wrong with Michelle Obama ....

Historians will look back on the "War on Drugs" with the same looks of contempt that we today look at the prohibitionists and Temperence movement. Truly, the damage we have done to ourselves with this massive stupidity is beyond words.

Now, for Mrs. Obama. Bless her for making the people who sell our kids unhealthy junk and entice them with toys be more responsible. Just can't see why it's a bad, unless you are a McDonald's stockholder.

Unfettered by .gov control / access to illegal drugs = Bad

Regulated .gov control / access to food = Good

Who can argue with that ?

To do so = Racism

Guy, you are the one who called the woman a "bitch" and a "wookie". It's a little more than a policy argument with you.

Laura Bush was a teacher. Her project of literacy was something she knew something about.

Laura Bush's major project was hunger in America. And you never heard a peep from the rightwing nuts about it. Imagine if THAT were Michelle Obama's cause.

No, Laura Bush's project was literacy, but she wasn't a teacher. She was actually a librarian.

George W. Bush Presidential Center

You might look it up. Laura Bush went around the world promoting literacy, particularly female literacy.

YOU might look it up.

Can 9 Million Hungry Kids Inspire a Nation?

Private insurers can exclude or create covered items and you as a consumer can elect other means of insurance ?

I shouldn't have to consider other means of insurance when the quadruple bypass's and diabetes drugs the kids in those pictures will need when they reach 20 years of age are 110% preventable. Same for the heart disease, and various cancers caused by smoking or bad living in general. Insurance companies should not have to insure them either.

Or we could just do what any sensible country does and just have universal coverage...

If you want to take the "MEdical Calvinist" view of medicine, big insurance would never have to pay for anything. It's always your own damned fault.

If you need a liver transplant because you are a drunk you should have to pay for it.

If you need chemo because you got lung cancer from cigarets you should have to pay for it.

If you have diabetes because you sit on your ass all day eating doughnuts and playing X-box you should have to pay for it. That does not sound like universal health care to me, more like being responsible for your bad decisions, because in any of the cases above it would be that persons own damn fault.

Historians will look back on the "War on Drugs" with the same looks of contempt that we today look at the prohibitionists and Temperence movement. Truly, the damage we have done to ourselves with this massive stupidity is beyond words. I just don't see the value of locking up 2 million of our citizens. I really don't.

We are treating a medical problem as a criminal one, and it's stupid.

Now, for Mrs. Obama. Bless her for making the people who sell our kids unhealthy junk and entice them with toys be more responsible. Just can't see why it's a bad, unless you are a McDonald's stockholder.

The toy doesnt mean a damn thing. Its the parent. But in true lefty leaning fashion you want to hit the business and avoid the personal responsibility.

Now explain how I have that wrong

You dont. What you do is go head and give the kid his happy meal, then hand him/her a catchers mit and ball and have them throw it and chase it for an hour or two. Parents are a bit heavy thees days to and could use some time off the couch to.

Im raising three grandchildren at the moment. They get Mickey Ds on a good month, ONCE.

These children have only been with us one year. But they have gotten two well child exams.

THE PARENTS THE PARENTS THE PARENTS.

What is wrong with a First Lady ... or any other person of prominence ... encouraging healthy habits in children?

I've been having trouble with my fellow conservatives having trouble with this. Can someone set me straight on why I should be concerned?

I have a problem with it when her "whims" effect MY diet.... Let ME decide what is good for and MY family!

Oh, and then there is this.....

Darden Restaurants — the company that owns the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse and others announced recently that it will cut the “calorie footprint” and sodium levels in its meals and create new kids’ menus to comply with the first lady’s public health objectives.

Whats not mentioned is in return, that allows them to avoid some of the insurance mandates of ObamaCare.

Yep... its all about the "children" :eusa_liar:

I AM SICK OF THEM MEDDLING IN MY PRIVATE AFFAIRS!!!

Hmmm, no one even bothered responding to this. Interesting.

Why do folks object to her pet project? Because government gains more control over our choices.

Speaking at Monday's signing ceremony for the “Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act”-- a law that will subsidize and regulate what children eat before school, at lunch, after school, and during summer vacations in federally funded school-based feeding programs -- First Lady Michelle Obama said of deciding what American children should eat: “We can’t just leave it up to the parents."

The law for the first time gives the federal government the authority to regulate the food sold at local schools, including in vending machines.

But when our kids spend so much of their time each day in school, and when many children get up to half their daily calories from school meals, it’s clear that we as a nation have a responsibility to meet as well,” Mrs. Obama said. “We can’t just leave it up to the parents. I think that parents have a right to expect that their efforts at home won’t be undone each day in the school cafeteria or in the vending machine in the hallway. I think that our parents have a right to expect that their kids will be served fresh,
healthy food that meets high nutritional standards.”

Michelle Obama on Deciding What Kids Eat

So the government decides that parents can't be the sole deciders in what their kids eat . . and they use taxpayer money - to the tune of $4.5 billion over 10 years (and we all know that uncle always comes in on budget :rolleyes:) - to fund their decision. And you guys want to know why people object to her 'pet project'. :eusa_hand:

Private insurers can exclude or create covered items and you as a consumer can elect other means of insurance ?

I shouldn't have to consider other means of insurance ....... Insurance companies should not have to insure them either.

No they don't. But they do.

So start shopping.

Not much longer with any luck.[/QUOTE]

Yes with the force of big government you control every aspect of a person's existence, down to what they choose to put in thier mouth. Perhaps you can then begin to really exclude people from care based on adopted consumption legislation.

Heart attack ? Well lets check that cholesterol there mister...oh its high... no coverage for you.

Die bitch (but here is some kind bud to ease you thru to the other side).

Things will be great them. Problem solved.

Last edited:
If you need a liver transplant because you are a drunk you should have to pay for it.

If you need chemo because you got lung cancer from cigarets you should have to pay for it.

If you have diabetes because you sit on your ass all day eating doughnuts and playing X-box you should have to pay for it. That does not sound like universal health care to me, more like being responsible for your bad decisions, because in any of the cases above it would be that persons own damn fault.

It strikes me that you want to put all the consequences on one side.

Take your smoker. Doesnt' the tobacco company that lied to him about how dangerous they were, spiked the nicotine level to make it more addictive, and marketted the product to him when he was 13 hold just as much responsibility?

Now, I don't smoke. But every smoker I've ever talked to, I've asked them when they started smoking, and every last one of them told me when they were about 13. Why do you think that is?

Never met anyone who started smoking at 21 when they were capable of making an informed choice.

What is wrong with a First Lady ... or any other person of prominence ... encouraging healthy habits in children?

I've been having trouble with my fellow conservatives having trouble with this. Can someone set me straight on why I should be concerned?

I have a problem with it when her "whims" effect MY diet.... Let ME decide what is good for and MY family!

Darden Restaurants — the company that owns the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse and others announced recently that it will cut the “calorie footprint” and sodium levels in its meals and create new kids’ menus to comply with the first lady’s public health objectives.

Whats not mentioned is in return, that allows them to avoid some of the insurance mandates of ObamaCare.

Why do folks object to her pet project? Because government gains more control over our choices.

Speaking at Monday's signing ceremony for the “Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act”-- a law that will subsidize and regulate what children eat before school, at lunch, after school, and during summer vacations in federally funded school-based feeding programs -- First Lady Michelle Obama said of deciding what American children should eat: “We can’t just leave it up to the parents."

The law for the first time gives the federal government the authority to regulate the food sold at local schools, including in vending machines.

But when our kids spend so much of their time each day in school, and when many children get up to half their daily calories from school meals, it’s clear that we as a nation have a responsibility to meet as well,” Mrs. Obama said. “We can’t just leave it up to the parents. I think that parents have a right to expect that their efforts at home won’t be undone each day in the school cafeteria or in the vending machine in the hallway. I think that our parents have a right to expect that their kids will be served fresh,

So the government decides that parents can't be the sole deciders in what their kids eat . . and they use taxpayer money - to the tune of $4.5 billion over 10 years (and we all know that uncle always comes in on budget :rolleyes:) - to fund their decision. And you guys want to know why people object to her 'pet project'. :eusa_hand:

You'd rather reserve the Government's right to serve kids SHIT with our tax dollars and call it lunch!?

You forgot to highlight the rest of that statement:

I think that parents have a right to expect that their efforts at home won’t be undone each day in the school cafeteria or in the vending machine in the hallway. I think that our parents have a right to expect that their kids will be served fresh, healthy food that meets high nutritional standards

Oppossition to Obama is based on 90% of hate and 10% of valid complaints of his mismanagement.

Once you understand that, it becomes pretty clear.

It's the same mentality that says, "Let's nominate a guy who is just as liberal as Obama because polls say he runs just a little better than the other guys. Screw principles."

Just so it's clear to you.

:lol:

I assume you have some scientific study that backs up this drivel about '90% hate' and 10% of valid complaints'.

Moron.

Heh hehhhe....C'mon you can do it...
90% of the people hate him because.....because.....because....
C'mon you know you wanna say it...because,,He's..... blaaa blaaaa blaccccccccc
See you're almost there.... :lol:

Then dont feed your kids school food. I sure as hell dont. As the the restaurants, they all have salt shakers on the table have at it. If the deal looks shady, dont eat there. Olive garden, Red Lobster and there ilk dont have much going for them any way as they are nothing more then fancy fast food. They really need all the help they can get.

Do you understand the difference between "encouraging" and "forcing"? If the First Lady would like to start an ad campaign discussing the value of healthy eating - something she apparently doesn't do much herself, by the way - similar to Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" ad campaign against drug use, then that's fine. THAT would be "encouraging". Strongarming and coercing restaurants to change their menus is something else entirely.

[You'd rather reserve the Government's right to serve kids SHIT with our tax dollars and call it lunch!?

I'd rather reserve the right and accountability to my locally elected school officials and have the federal government wind its neck in.

The First Lady is not a member of government, whatever Hillary Clinton thought, and the power of the government has no business being used by her in whatever her little project happens to be.

I bet Michelle can't even cook turnip greens!

TURNIP GREENS, OLD FASHIONED STYLE

Read more about it at Cooks.com - Recipe - Turnip Greens, Old Fashioned Style
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

5 lbs. fresh turnip greens with roots
1/2 lb. salt pork
6-8 c. water
2 tsp. bacon drippings
Green onions (opt.)

Pick and wash turnip greens several times. Tear into bite size pieces. Peel the turnip roots and slice. Rinse salt pork and cut into 2" pieces. Combine salt pork and water in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add turnip greens; cover and cook 10 minutes. Add turnip roots and bacon drippings; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until greens and roots are tender. Serve with green onions, if desired. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

Cooks.com - Recipe - Turnip Greens, Old Fashioned Style

But it takes WAY onger than 20 minutes to cook a good pot of turnip greens. And everyone who is anyone knows that you put in 1 pack of Sweet & Low to cut the bitter.

What's wrong with Michelle Obama ....

She's an educated and opinionated black woman with wide hips living in the White House. Some people have a problem with that... I suspect if she looked like Halle Berry very little would be said...

Apparently, the only person who has an issue with her being black would be YOU, since YOU are the only one who has mentioned it.

If you really MUST be an ignorant, Neanderthal racist, at least do so without trying to project your abnormality onto other people. I assure you, you represent no one but yourself.

Oppossition to Obama is based on 90% of hate and 10% of valid complaints of his mismanagement.

Once you understand that, it becomes pretty clear.

It's the same mentality that says, "Let's nominate a guy who is just as liberal as Obama because polls say he runs just a little better than the other guys. Screw principles."

Just so it's clear to you.

And why again do people "hate" the Obama...Can you 'Splain it to us? :lol:

Come to think of it, did she even grow any turnip greens in that White House garden?

Seven Top would be the variety for the greens, and Purple Top would be the variety for turnips.

Forum List

Back