What's wrong with Michelle Obama ....

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
What is wrong with a First Lady ... or any other person of prominence ... encouraging healthy habits in children?

I've been having trouble with my fellow conservatives having trouble with this. Can someone set me straight on why I should be concerned?

Beats me, I've certainly wondered the same.

When I compared it to President Kennedy's Physical Fitness Awards, I got told that was different - but nobody had any reason why.

That wasn't on this board.

• Banned
Might be nice if she led by example...

Nobody is perfect. However she seems fit to me. Why do you suggest she doesn't lead by example? A couple of hamburgers or large meals eaten in public? Or something more chronic? Or ... ?

What is wrong with a First Lady ... or any other person of prominence ... encouraging healthy habits in children?

I've been having trouble with my fellow conservatives having trouble with this. Can someone set me straight on why I should be concerned?

I have no Problem with the idea. It's just when I hear her talk about it. She sounds so damn Condescending, and Arrogant like her Husband. Just makes me not want to listen anymore.

I've been having trouble with my fellow conservatives having trouble with this.

Who perceive it as ‘nanny state-ism,’ government meddling, government interference, government intrusion, big government, bad government, all government is big and bad…etc…

Almost all first ladies adopt some project during their husband's terms of office. Well I don't think Hillary did but she was too busy trying to be co-president.

Michelle happened to choose a project for child nutrition. I don't have a problem with her choosing that particular project. Maybe it is because she does struggle with weight gain, etc. and that is where her heart lies. I won't presume to judge her. It is a worthy focus and let's give her props for at least putting it out there.

As for what's wrong with Michelle--which I initially expected this thread to be about :)--I do wish the first lady had a bit more fashion sense, but oh well. In the grand scheme of things, who will care ten or fifty or a hundred years from now?

I've been having trouble with my fellow conservatives having trouble with this.

Who perceive it as ‘nanny state-ism,’ government meddling, government interference, government intrusion, big government, bad government, all government is big and bad…etc…

If you think Conservatives think all Government is Bad, You fundamentally fail to Understand Conservatives.

We Believe Government has very Specific Duties, and is essential. The Problem is to often our Government today seems to be taking Powers that it is not Specifically given, and Ignoring the Duties it was given.

She's not exactly 'slim,' which is not such a shock for a woman her age, but when she declares herself the chief of the food and fitness police it's ... noticeable.

http://michellepictures.com/files/2...elle-Obama-Dance-during-the-Nobel-Banquet.jpg

Actually she prompts a normal healthy size in women. She is a good body image role model for young girls, something opposed to the air brushed rail thin hollywood fashion mag "ideal" Granted she could be more toned... but not many can throw stones at he for that.

IMO... there are better ways for her to prompt healthy eating for children other then having a photo op in an expensive organic farmers market. I would prefer her to take on something like jamie oliver is doing with school lunches.

Almost all first ladies adopt some project during their husband's terms of office. Well I don't think Hillary did but she was too busy trying to be co-president.

Michelle happened to choose a project for child nutrition. I don't have a problem with her choosing that particular project. Maybe it is because she does struggle with weight gain, etc. and that is where her heart lies. I won't presume to judge her. It is a worthy focus and let's give her props for at least putting it out there.

As for what's wrong with Michelle--which I initially expected this thread to be about :)--I do wish the first lady had a bit more fashion sense, but oh well. In the grand scheme of things, who will care ten or fifty or a hundred years from now?

:eek:

kenedy health care was hillarys baby.

:eek:

kenedy health care was hillarys baby.

But that was intended to be legislation, not a good will or benevolent project that most first ladies adopt: Roslyn Carter's work in mental health, Nancy Reagan's "Just say no" to drugs campaign, Barbara Bush's literacy project, Laura Bush's focus on literacy and education, and now Michelle Obama's crusade against child obesity.

Like I said, I think Hillary spent her eight years seeing herself as a co-president. Philanthrophy just wasn't her thing. :)

There is nothing wrong with it. I commend her for doing something positive in an otherwise disappointing administration.

I have a problem with it when her "whims" effect MY diet.... Let ME decide what is good for and MY family!

Oh, and then there is this.....

Darden Restaurants — the company that owns the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse and others announced recently that it will cut the “calorie footprint” and sodium levels in its meals and create new kids’ menus to comply with the first lady’s public health objectives.

Whats not mentioned is in return, that allows them to avoid some of the insurance mandates of ObamaCare.

Yep... its all about the "children" :eusa_liar:

I AM SICK OF THEM MEDDLING IN MY PRIVATE AFFAIRS!!!

There is nothing wrong with it. I commend her for doing something positive in an otherwise disappointing administration.

Look at the bigger picture.

Its all about controlling us, or as I like to say, herding us :eusa_eh:

What's wrong with Michelle Obama ....

She's an educated and opinionated black woman with wide hips living in the White House. Some people have a problem with that... I suspect if she looked like Halle Berry very little would be said...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back