What's wrong with "job creators"

Sundial

Class Warrior
Aug 1, 2011
"Jobs creators" is a fucked up concept because it gets the point exactly ass-backwards. In the world there are exactly two kinds of people: those who work, and those who don't. Those who don't live off the work of those who do. I may hire a team of virgins to massage my toes and feed me grapes but that doesn't make me productive. No matter how many jobs I "create" I'm still just a slob living off the work of others.

The fact of the matter is - as Adam Smith said so many years ago - the wealth of a nation is not measured by units of money, but by the productivity of its people. The US has within its power the ability to hire everyone who is willing and able to work, adding to the wealth of the nation as a whole, and it's only ignorance and the self-interest of a privileged few that prevents us from doing so.

The US has within its power the ability to hire everyone who is willing and able to work,.

do you mean US business or US government???

Government work is make-work that impoverishes the country while private work is real work.

Last edited:
"Jobs creators" is a fucked up concept because it gets the point exactly ass-backwards. In the world there are exactly two kinds of people: those who work, and those who don't. Those who don't live off the work of those who do. I may hire a team of virgins to massage my toes and feed me grapes but that doesn't make me productive. No matter how many jobs I "create" I'm still just a slob living off the work of others.

images

One problem with the economy is too many anal-compulsive trashers have jobs. No productivity is possible because manufacturers have to support the cost of wars, on the borders, on drugs, on Islam, on people who have things, in all directions.

The real estate inflated, after years and years of immigration-fueled bubbling, where a lot of the immigration was illegal. This market and banking cannot recover.

The environment is going to hell. The oil companies will have to give something up, but when? CO2 is up to 400 ppm, when 350 ppm is the maximum safe level. This converts to carbonic acid in water, and ocean species are dying off. If the food chains fail, we will re-green, or we will die.

If a bacteria bloom occurs, oh shit, more CO2, and roll tide, to hell. So I suggest re-greening, before any more time elapses or the extinction rate migrates all the way, from 100 times normal, to 1000 times normal.

One problem with the economy is too many anal-compulsive trashers have jobs. No productivity is possible because manufacturers have to support the cost of wars, on the borders, on drugs, on Islam, on people who have things, in all directions.

The real estate inflated, after years and years of immigration-fueled bubbling, where a lot of the immigration was illegal. This market and banking cannot recover.

The environment is going to hell. The oil companies will have to give something up, but when? CO2 is up to 400 ppm, when 350 ppm is the maximum safe level. This converts to carbonic acid in water, and ocean species are dying off. If the food chains fail, we will re-green, or we will die.

If a bacteria bloom occurs, oh shit, more CO2, and roll tide, to hell. So I suggest re-greening, before any more time elapses or the extinction rate migrates all the way, from 100 times normal, to 1000 times normal.

dear, the hockey stick and other liberal predictions never came true so we know they are all liberal BS. Remember back in 1992 there was a garbage barge wandering up and down the East Coast because , supposedly, all the landfills were full!!

The basic issue currently facing the country - and most of the world - is a lack of demand. There is no point creating jobs when there is no demand for whatever you are producing. That basic concept seems to fly gently over the head of SunnyD.

The basic issue currently facing the country - and most of the world - is a lack of demand. There is no point creating jobs when there is no demand for whatever you are producing. That basic concept seems to fly gently over the head of SunnyD.

if demand is the problem what is the solution??

actually the problem was too much demand for houses, not too little.

the liberal solution is to create more artificial demand like they created for houses

the conservative solution is to let the free market decrease the demand for houses to sustainable levels and to let the free market increase demand for other goods, in place of houses, to sustainable levels.

Last edited:

The fact of the matter is - as Adam Smith said so many years ago - the wealth of a nation is not measured by units of money, but by the productivity of its people. The US has within its power the ability to hire everyone who is willing and able to work, adding to the wealth of the nation as a whole, and it's only ignorance and the self-interest of a privileged few that prevents us from doing so.
"The Very Rich Don't Like Making Risky Investments

"Marketwatch estimates that over 90% of the assets owned by millionaires are held in a combination of low-risk investments (bonds and cash), the stock market, and real estate. According to economist Richard Wolff, about half of the assets of the richest 1% are held in unincorporated business equity (personal business accounts).

"The Wall Street Journal notes that over three-quarters of individuals worth over $20 million are invested in hedge funds.

"Angel investing (capital provided by affluent individuals for business start-ups) accounted for less than 1% of the investable assets of high net worth individuals in North America in 2011.

"The Mendelsohn Affluent Survey confirmed that the very rich spend less than two percent of their money on new business startups. The last thing most of them want, apparently, is the risky business of hiring people for new innovation."

How the "Job Creators" REALLY Spend Their Money | Common Dreams

The very rich don't care about US jobs in any form.
Their gain comes directly from US labor's pain.

Obama says he is the job creator.

yes all those green jobs that were to be the gateway to our future!!

Romney understands capitalist economics enough to know that the free market will develop solar and wind to get in on the $10 trillion energy market if there is any concievable way to do so.

They may not like it but they must do it since we are the richest country in human history. Do you think the poor or the Girl Scouts finance Silicon Valley.
Do you think Silicon Valley would be anymore profitable than Lehman Brothers without the taxpayer developed internet?

So you think that guys who own and run their own business don't work? Doctors, lawyers, etc., they don't work? Where on earth did you ever get that idea? No doubt there are some who inherited their wealth, but I suspect the vast majority of those who are rich got that way by busting their asses. They ain't living off the work of others, most of 'em outwork everybody.

They may not like it but they must do it since we are the richest country in human history. Do you think the poor or the Girl Scouts finance Silicon Valley.

Do you think Silicon Valley would be anymore profitable than Lehman Brothers without the taxpayer developed internet?

too stupid and perfectly liberal !!! do you want to give the defense department trillions in hope they stumble on something like the internet again!!

Do you want to give Harvard undergrads trillions in hope they discover another Facebook??? Do you have any idea what point you were trying to make?

So you think that guys who own and run their own business don't work? Doctors, lawyers, etc., they don't work? Where on earth did you ever get that idea? No doubt there are some who inherited their wealth, but I suspect the vast majority of those who are rich got that way by busting their asses. They ain't living off the work of others, most of 'em outwork everybody.

So that's your "guess"?

Obama says he is the job creator.

yes all those green jobs that were to be the gateway to our future!!

Romney understands capitalist economics enough to know that the free market will develop solar and wind to get in on the $10 trillion energy market if there is any concievable way to do so.
Romney understand wealth extraction in the same way as major US corporations which keep 57% of their cash overseas and fill their factories with low-wage slave labor, "job creators" who slashed the US work force by 2.9 million between 2000 and 2009 while adding 2.4 million jobs overseas. Romney's credibility on job creation is at least as suspect as his commander-in-chief credentials.

"Marketwatch estimates that over 90% of the assets owned by millionaires are held in a combination of low-risk investments (bonds and cash), the stock market, and real estate. According to economist Richard Wolff, about half of the assets of the richest 1% are held in unincorporated business equity (personal business accounts).

"The Wall Street Journal notes that over three-quarters of individuals worth over $20 million are invested in hedge funds.

"Angel investing (capital provided by affluent individuals for business start-ups) accounted for less than 1% of the investable assets of high net worth individuals in North America in 2011.

"The Mendelsohn Affluent Survey confirmed that the very rich spend less than two percent of their money on new business startups. The last thing most of them want, apparently, is the risky business of hiring people for new innovation."

How the "Job Creators" REALLY Spend Their Money | Common Dreams

The very rich don't care about US jobs in any form.
Their gain comes directly from US labor's pain.

Risk vs reward. What is the potential ROE relative to the risk of losing some or all of your money? Usually when an investor puts his money out there, jobs are created somewhere, to some extent. Your quotes and links are about the last few years when the risks outweighed the rewards, only an effin' idiot risks his/her money on such ventures in such an environment. If Obama had not soured the business climate over his time in office, we might not be in the sorry state we're in now. His policies have made it riskier with less reward potential, ergo rich guys and everyone else are not investing in startups or growing existing companis.

too stupid and perfectly liberal !!! do you want to give the defense department trillions in hope they stumble on something like the internet again!!

Do you want to give Harvard undergrads trillions in hope they discover another Facebook??? Do you have any idea what point you were trying to make?
I'll make it simple enough for rich bitches and their useful idiots to understand. The true US job creator is middle class demand. Do you need me to type more slowly?

:redface:

I'll make it simple enough for rich bitches and their useful idiots to understand. The true US job creator is middle class demand. Do you need me to type more slowly?

Nah, you'd still be an idiot.

Forum List

Back