What's wrong with "job creators"

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Sundial, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Sundial

Sundial Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    "Jobs creators" is a fucked up concept because it gets the point exactly ass-backwards. In the world there are exactly two kinds of people: those who work, and those who don't. Those who don't live off the work of those who do. I may hire a team of virgins to massage my toes and feed me grapes but that doesn't make me productive. No matter how many jobs I "create" I'm still just a slob living off the work of others.

The fact of the matter is - as Adam Smith said so many years ago - the wealth of a nation is not measured by units of money, but by the productivity of its people. The US has within its power the ability to hire everyone who is willing and able to work, adding to the wealth of the nation as a whole, and it's only ignorance and the self-interest of a privileged few that prevents us from doing so.

2. EdwardBaiamonte

EdwardBaiamonte Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,063
    do you mean US business or US government???

Government work is make-work that impoverishes the country while private work is real work.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The OP lacks even a basic grasp of economics.

4. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,538
    [​IMG]

5. bobgnote

bobgnote BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    One problem with the economy is too many anal-compulsive trashers have jobs. No productivity is possible because manufacturers have to support the cost of wars, on the borders, on drugs, on Islam, on people who have things, in all directions.

The real estate inflated, after years and years of immigration-fueled bubbling, where a lot of the immigration was illegal. This market and banking cannot recover.

The environment is going to hell. The oil companies will have to give something up, but when? CO2 is up to 400 ppm, when 350 ppm is the maximum safe level. This converts to carbonic acid in water, and ocean species are dying off. If the food chains fail, we will re-green, or we will die.

If a bacteria bloom occurs, oh shit, more CO2, and roll tide, to hell. So I suggest re-greening, before any more time elapses or the extinction rate migrates all the way, from 100 times normal, to 1000 times normal.

6. EdwardBaiamonte

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,063
    dear, the hockey stick and other liberal predictions never came true so we know they are all liberal BS. Remember back in 1992 there was a garbage barge wandering up and down the East Coast because , supposedly, all the landfills were full!!

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The basic issue currently facing the country - and most of the world - is a lack of demand. There is no point creating jobs when there is no demand for whatever you are producing. That basic concept seems to fly gently over the head of SunnyD.

8. EdwardBaiamonte

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,063
    if demand is the problem what is the solution??

actually the problem was too much demand for houses, not too little.

the liberal solution is to create more artificial demand like they created for houses

the conservative solution is to let the free market decrease the demand for houses to sustainable levels and to let the free market increase demand for other goods, in place of houses, to sustainable levels.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  9. georgephillip

georgephillip Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    "The Very Rich Don't Like Making Risky Investments

"Marketwatch estimates that over 90% of the assets owned by millionaires are held in a combination of low-risk investments (bonds and cash), the stock market, and real estate. According to economist Richard Wolff, about half of the assets of the richest 1% are held in unincorporated business equity (personal business accounts).

"The Wall Street Journal notes that over three-quarters of individuals worth over $20 million are invested in hedge funds.

"Angel investing (capital provided by affluent individuals for business start-ups) accounted for less than 1% of the investable assets of high net worth individuals in North America in 2011.

"The Mendelsohn Affluent Survey confirmed that the very rich spend less than two percent of their money on new business startups. The last thing most of them want, apparently, is the risky business of hiring people for new innovation."

How the "Job Creators" REALLY Spend Their Money | Common Dreams

The very rich don't care about US jobs in any form.
    Their gain comes directly from US labor's pain.

10. EdwardBaiamonte

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,063
    They may not like it but they must do it since we are the richest country in human history. Do you think the poor or the Girl Scouts finance Silicon Valley.