What's Wrong With California?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Nearly losing a dam, out of control crime, political violence is the state sport and now it turns out that the police and fire departments don't know how to respond to a major fire. That last part would lead to suspensions and firings in any state on the Gulf or Atlantic coasts south of VA and any state that has tornadoes with any regularity. Fire is small potatoes compared to major storms because fire is so predictable and preventable compared to major storms.

Why is CA the poster state for global incompetence?

Nearly losing a dam, out of control crime, political violence is the state sport and now it turns out that the police and fire departments don't know how to respond to a major fire. That last part would lead to suspensions and firings in any state on the Gulf or Atlantic coasts south of VA and any state that has tornadoes with any regularity. Fire is small potatoes compared to major storms because fire is so predictable and preventable compared to major storms.

That’s why we have the electoral college, to keep crazy Cali at bay

Two Egg in the panhandle, an unincorporated town in western FL, would not, and so far as I know, has never tolerated such incompetence.

I was driving through mid-Cali yesterday. There were signs that said build dams or trains meaning send us some water or else. You know that gets libs' undies in a bunch. Building dams and putting out more CO2.

Oh, and Jerry Brown hasn't released any serious criminals recently just like Saddam did to get back at Turkey or one of his neighbors. Of course, Governor Moonbeam is thinking about releasing the non-serious ones. To him, it's the illegal immigrant types. The guy committed first degree murder and is Latino. Uh, we'll consider it.

Relocate and vote.

Living in the desert will come to an end.

These wildfires are violating California's own pollution laws.

The greenhouse gasses released by the fire are much greater than the exhaust from a Suburban.

Why doesn't Cali outlaw wildfires?

You grossly understate the dangers and problems with fires. If you had ever fought a fire you would know they are not "small potatoes" compared to anything and they are far from predictable. Many years ago when I was a young Marine we joined in fighting brush fires close to our base and I learned first hand just how fires like that have a mind of their own and do things things seem to go against the laws of physics.

As for both the dams and the fires, both are the direct result of a rapidly changing climate to which neither the infrastructure nor the wildlife has had time to adapt to.

The greenhouse gasses released by the fire are much greater than the exhaust from a Suburban.

Fireplace use and other wood-burning are banned in many areas like on Spare the Air days.

So where are you getting your information from? Political Violence..[emoji81] [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1575 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Fireplace use and other wood-burning are banned in many areas like on Spare the Air days.

Exactly.

They are breaking their own rules by not putting these fires out sooner.

Trump caused the fires, we all know that...but the Dems aren't putting them out soon enough.

You grossly understate the dangers and problems with fires. If you had ever fought a fire you would know they are not "small potatoes" compared to anything and they are far from predictable. Many years ago when I was a young Marine we joined in fighting brush fires close to our base and I learned first hand just how fires like that have a mind of their own and do things things seem to go against the laws of physics.

As for both the dams and the fires, both are the direct result of a rapidly changing climate to which neither the infrastructure nor the wildlife has had time to adapt to.

You don't have to build a dam. Just round up the libbies and pack them off to Canada. Then have the Trumpsters take over who have better self-control skills and not cause a fire in the first place. Wildfires happen, so they would be better equipped to handle the unforseen.

Right now, Trump has wasted time undoing what Obama and the Dems did. He had to drain the swamp which would have been better served if it didn't happen in the first place.

What concerns me is how riots, fires, mudslides, earthquakes and hurricanes never occurred prior to Trump being elected.

Every natural disaster is Trumps bidding. His weather machine has been perfected.

wcd_anim_108.gif

First of all it is Ca or California, not cali. Now the only things wrong with our state are the items Ronnie The Ray Goon implemented and have not been repealed or rescinded. Last winter we had a 100 year rain event and Oroville dam was not properly prepared to deal with the water. The wild fires are the result of an overly wet winter growth and republican fire bugs. Unfortunately it has made the air where I live unbreathable if I go outside. The terrain that the fires are on are mostly impassable by humans due to the steep and unstable dirt. When you hit it with water it turns to mud. Now quit being so envious of my state.

First of all it is Ca or California, not cali. Now the only things wrong with our state are the items Ronnie The Ray Goon implemented and have not been repealed or rescinded. Last winter we had a 100 year rain event and Oroville dam was not properly prepared to deal with the water. The wild fires are the result of an overly wet winter growth and republican fire bugs. Unfortunately it has made the air where I live unbreathable if I go outside. The terrain that the fires are on are mostly impassable by humans due to the steep and unstable dirt. When you hit it with water it turns to mud. Now quit being so envious of my state.
You can keep that sewer.

Mexico has been wanting California back for a long time; trying to reclaim it by sending in an invasion of illegals...and has about got the job done.

Mexico should be careful what its wishes for.

You can keep that sewer.
Your envy is so noted!

Mexico has been wanting California back for a long time; trying to reclaim it by sending in an invasion of illegals...and has about got the job done.

Mexico should be careful what its wishes for.
Sorry to inform you but when we secede it will be as a nation not a state of any other republic. The immigrants from Mexico are here to work and make a living that is not afforded them in their home nation. Now if we could just get conservatives to work it would sure be nice, they haven't pulled their weight in many years.

Forum List

Back