What's wrong with atheists?

Definition of atheism
  1. 1 archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
  2. 2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
Exactly. But if you believe that there's no god proven, but you leave the door open for the possibility of their being one, then you're not an atheist, you're an agnostic. An atheist is someone who laughs at the mere concept of a god, hence "a disbelief in the existence of deity".

Yes I am- even Webster agrees with me.

Who should i believe- Webster- one of the main authorities on the English language- or you?

I will go with Webster.

I am an atheist. I don't believe in any god.- i.e. a disbelief in the existence of deity.

Definition of atheism

Definition of atheism
Exactly. But if you believe that there's no god proven, but you leave the door open for the possibility of their being one, then you're not an atheist, you're an agnostic. An atheist is someone who laughs at the mere concept of a god, hence "a disbelief in the existence of deity".

Who should i believe- Webster- one of the main authorities on the English language- or you?

I will go with Webster.

I am an atheist. I don't believe in any god.- i.e. a disbelief in the existence of deity.

Definition of atheism
Ok, but do you think that a god is possible? If you think that the mere suggestion of a god is ridiculous, then you're an atheist. If you think that a god simply hasn't been proven yet and may possibly exist, then you're an agnostic. You can't have a "a disbelief in the existence of deity" and still think that a god just hasn't been proven yet to exist or not.

Definition of atheism

I will go with Webster.

Definition of atheism
Ok, but do you think that a god is possible? If you think that the mere suggestion of a god is ridiculous, then you're an atheist. If you think that a god simply hasn't been proven yet and may possibly exist, then you're an agnostic. You can't have a "a disbelief in the existence of deity" and still think that a god just hasn't been proven yet to exist or not.

I don't think a god is possible or not possible- I really don't care.

It is as immaterial to me as whether or not leprechauns are possible.

I have no idea why you have so much invested in how I label my disbelief in god- I am an atheist because I don't believe in any god, or fairies, or mermaids, etc.

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

Pathetic. Hypocritical. Illogical. Non factual. Atheists.

Are Atheists angry? Do you have evidence they're more angry than other people? I doubt it very much.

You know, I used to think people like you were playing dumb until I realized you really ARE dumb. I have laid out my case based on actual non-conversations with people who self identify as atheists. If you are one of those people who hate others for who they are, rather than for something they've done then you might be as angry as an atheist. Everybody else is too busy with their own lives to cultivate that kind of hared.

You haven't laid out anything other than your prejudices against those who don't believe in your fairy tales.

Why are you so angry that atheists don't share your fairy tale?

Another thing I have against atheists, they are unbelievably dense.

One more time: I don't care what atheists believe, I just wish they wouldn't be such assholes about it.

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

Are Atheists angry? Do you have evidence they're more angry than other people? I doubt it very much.

You know, I used to think people like you were playing dumb until I realized you really ARE dumb. I have laid out my case based on actual non-conversations with people who self identify as atheists. If you are one of those people who hate others for who they are, rather than for something they've done then you might be as angry as an atheist. Everybody else is too busy with their own lives to cultivate that kind of hared.

You haven't laid out anything other than your prejudices against those who don't believe in your fairy tales.

One more time: I don't care what atheists believe, I just wish they wouldn't be such assholes about it.

Says the asshole who started this thread attacking atheists because we don't believe in your fairy tales.

Oh, the irony.

First no one ever claimed atheism oid fulfilling!

Second, most atheist are not angry. A large number maybe cynical about a particular religions or their practices.

However being cynical or even critical about a subject matter is not the same as being angry.

I just thought of something.....

There were no group of atheist a thousand years ago!
So how can atheist play victimhood from the crusades or so forth if it was not atheists being victimized?

So how can atheist play victimhood from the crusades or so forth if it was not atheists being victimized?

I don't know if there were or weren't atheists back then but you're right, there are no 21st century atheists who were victims of the Crusades.

A. We have been victimized. Still are to this day. Not as bad as it used to be because as we get smarter people become less religious. Great example are Muslims over in the middle east. Sheep. They pray 7 times a day.

B. I haven't talked about religion for over a month. But I went to 2 funerals and religion is so obviously made made up to make people feel better about death.

C. It's really not that big of a deal to me. Sometimes I like debating if there is a god (which I don't think there is) and sometimes I like talking politics. Atheism is more of a hobby for me. Not a lifestyle or a religion.

D. Atheists and Muslims are going to swing the election for Hillary. How does that make you feel? We vote too.

E. We protect cults because if your made up religion is going to be allowed, so should everyone elses.

F. Reason has been a big part of religion ever since two nudists started taking dietary advice from a snake.

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.”
– Ken Ham

Definition of atheism

I will go with Webster.

Definition of atheism

I have no idea why you have so much invested in how I label my disbelief in god- I am an atheist because I don't believe in any god, or fairies, or mermaids, etc.
Thank you. You are an exception to the rule that atheists have elevated atheism to a religion. I know there are many more atheists like you than these other clowns.

Definition of atheism

I will go with Webster.

Definition of atheism

Thank you. You are an exception to the rule that atheists have elevated atheism to a religion. I know there are many more atheists like you than these other clowns.

No- I am pretty typical of the most atheists- we just don't believe in god.

But it is pretty typical for atheists to dislike the clowns who attack us for not believing in their fairy tales.

What atheists are playing victimhood from the crusades?

The Crusades are just another example of people of faith killing people because of their faith.

I will go with Webster.

Definition of atheism

No- I am pretty typical of the most atheists- we just don't believe in god.

But it is pretty typical for atheists to dislike the clowns who attack us for not believing in their fairy tales.
Fair enough.

New Topics

Forum List

Back