What's Wrong With Ann Coulter's Approach

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by AquaAthena, Mar 17, 2010.

1. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    to health care?

3/17/10

"Liberals keep complaining that Republicans don't have a plan for reforming health care in America. I have a plan!

"It's a one-page bill creating a free market in health insurance. Let's all pause here for a moment so liberals can Google the term "free market."

Nearly every problem with health care in this country -- apart from trial lawyers and out-of-date magazines in doctors' waiting rooms -- would be solved by my plan.

In the first sentence, Congress will amend the McCarran-Ferguson Act to allow interstate competition in health insurance.

We can't have a free market in health insurance until Congress eliminates the antitrust exemption protecting health insurance companies from competition. If Democrats really wanted to punish insurance companies, which they manifestly do not, they'd make insurers compete.

The very next sentence of my bill provides that the exclusive regulator of insurance companies will be the state where the company's home office is. Every insurance company in the country would incorporate in the state with the fewest government mandates, just as most corporations are based in Delaware today.

That's the only way to bypass idiotic state mandates, requiring all insurance plans offered in the state to cover, for example, the Zone Diet, sex-change operations, and whatever it is that poor Heidi Montag has done to herself this week.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Ahh yes all health insurance companies would be located in the Netherland Antilles?

What about the states rights to regulate businesses in their state?

Actually I am not sure why I read anything by Colter.

3. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    Well, Mr. Coulter is a lawyer.
    Then we hear about Christianity ... Does anyone think hateful Coulter is a Christian?

4. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    Feisty little thing, isn't she? What she says makes sense ... therefore it can't possibly be good for the people.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    Fascinating how you just insulted Ms. Coulter AND committed the sin of judging the state of her soul in a post criticizing HER for being "hateful" and not Christian enough.

Can you say, "hypocrite"? You can certainly SEE a hypocrite . . . every time you look in the mirror.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,964
    She has no real concept of people who are suffering with sick kids, parents, themselves. All she is worried about is her own future keeping the republican agenda front and center.

That's what's wrong with her opportunistic approach.

7. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    Yes, the only POSSIBLE reason anyone could disagree with YOUR position is because they're selfish and don't give a damn about other people, since YOUR position is OBVIOUSLY the only morally correct and compassionate one. It couldn't POSSIBLY be that someone disagrees with you simply because they have a different idea of how to accomplish caring and compassionate goals, right? The only choices are agreeing with you, and being evil.

8. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,964
    She is selfish and she doesn't care about other people.

9. JW Frogen

JW Frogen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Ann is Pro-Politic-Wrestling.

She believes some of it but a lot of it is fake.

I would fuck her though, and none of it would not be fake.

10. Vanquish

Vanquish Vanquisher of shills

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    I hate to tell Coulter, but there's no such thing as a "free" market. Feel freet to look it up. Ever since there have been religions and governments putting restraints on trade and commerce, it's ceased to be free.

She's a partisan hack who only gets notoriety for 2 reasons a) she's semi-attractive and b) she treats her punditry like a stand-up comedian show.