What's worth dying for?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I woke up this evening listening to the radio I left on and there was a woman saying how President Bush should be impeached for "lying" to get us into Iraq. The woman said she was motivated because her brother was killed while in Iraq trying to free the Iraqis. She said the President wasted her brothers life. That dying to free the Iraqi's wasn't worth it.

It got me thinking alittle. If dying to free others isn't worth it. What is? I mean what is out there worth dying for? If dying to free others isnt worth it what is? Would dying have been worth it if he had been in a car accident instead? Or if he overdosed on heroin? I mean atleast freeing others provides some sort of positive outcome for the death.

Id ask the people at DU about this, but i know Id get banned within fifty seconds. its a shame too because i already know how most of the people here will feel.

I woke up this evening listening to the radio I left on and there was a woman saying how President Bush should be impeached for "lying" to get us into Iraq. The woman said she was motivated because her brother was killed while in Iraq trying to free the Iraqis. She said the President wasted her brothers life. That dying to free the Iraqi's wasn't worth it.

It got me thinking alittle. If dying to free others isn't worth it. What is? I mean what is out there worth dying for? If dying to free others isnt worth it what is? Would dying have been worth it if he had been in a car accident instead? Or if he overdosed on heroin? I mean atleast freeing others provides some sort of positive outcome for the death.

Id ask the people at DU about this, but i know Id get banned within fifty seconds. its a shame too because i already know how most of the people here will feel.

Umm, remember sister Sheehan. She sold her own son out.

To the Godless and Liberals, Life is ALL there is. Therefore, Life must be maintained at ALL costs, unless the life would be an INCONVIENANCE (see: abortion).

:(

dmp said:
To the Godless and Liberals, Life is ALL there is. Therefore, Life must be maintained at ALL costs, unless the life would be an INCONVIENANCE (see: abortion).

:(

Hmmmm
A Do ANYTHING to stay alive.

B When secure, do ANYTHING to get rich.

C Repeat B as often as possible to ensure A and hopefully you can--

D Gratify youself.

Sounds horrible doesn't it ?

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

I have an Iraqi friend...more, in fact, since her relatives have been allowed to leave the country.

Hobbit said:
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

I have an Iraqi friend...more, in fact, since her relatives have been allowed to leave the country.

I agree with ya --people apparently just don't know who to trust or what to do when thier government seems to fail them.

Kathianne said:
Umm, remember sister Sheehan. She sold her own son out.

Weren't they calling her "mother" sheehan? I think so... mother f*cker sheehan... :D

What's worth dying for? God, country, and the protection of family.

Pale Rider said:
Weren't they calling her "mother" sheehan? I think so... mother f*cker sheehan... :D

What's worth dying for? God, country, and the protection of family.

I dont think ill be going to war for any god anytime soon. I will however protect my family and my country with my life if need be.

The harder part, really, is killing for your country. To die for your country, you just have to stand there, but to look a person in the face, squeeze that trigger, and watch him drop has got to be a hard thing to do the first time, though I'm sure it gets easier.

I, personally, would gladly cover the eniter Middle East with hot brass if that's what it took to preserve our beloved Constitution. To me, that document is second in importance only to the Bible.

Forum List

Back