What's with these Chinese spam attacks? Related to the Russian Trump trolls?

Any chance these hacks are trying to get personal info from members??? And I don't mean for anyone that buys into what they're selling.....well that too I suppose.....but more of accessing members info and cross checking that with public records or something like that???

I mean, if they can get in........just how far are they 'getting in'?????
It is a secret plot to take over USMB

Maybe, maybe not :dunno: But I was thinking similar to Facebook, where hackers/spammers send friend requests under the disguise of real friends and once accepted, they have access to not only your information, but the information of everyone on your friends list as well..

It doesn't take much to get all your personal & account information these days, if you're tech savy

Any chance these hacks are trying to get personal info from members??? And I don't mean for anyone that buys into what they're selling.....well that too I suppose.....but more of accessing members info and cross checking that with public records or something like that???

I mean, if they can get in........just how far are they 'getting in'?????
It is a secret plot to take over USMB

Maybe, maybe not :dunno: But I was thinking similar to Facebook, where hackers/spammers send friend requests under the disguise of real friends and once accepted, they have access to not only your information, but the information of everyone on your friends list as well..

It doesn't take much to get all your personal & account information these days, if you're tech savy
So don't open their threads and you should be fine. I, on the other hand, clicked in one this morning just out of curiosity. My personal particulars will probably be on the dark web by tomorrow.

Forum List

Back