What's with these Chinese spam attacks? Related to the Russian Trump trolls?

Looks to be nothing more than a Chinese spammer who's not very good at his/her job........

I know

it's disgusting!
Apparently someone cleaned it up.

cleaned....clean what...when ...what??
Uummmm, all those posts....... in Chinese..... Ya don't see em anymore do ya?

Oh and, 早上好。

And what about the rest of us that get here after dark?

And, speaking of Chinese hackers and people that voted for MING. AAAND he's merciless.

images
我在台湾读了高中。 :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
They're late this morning.
I don't know much about computer stuff, but this HAS to be the same spammers over and over, using the same IP addresses, isn't it? Can't be blocked? Or is it "legal?"

I don't know much about computer stuff, but this HAS to be the same spammers over and over, using the same IP addresses, isn't it? Can't be blocked? Or is it "legal?"

Mods sleep late on Saturday, Friday nights they play strip poker

The Chinese Horde are on the attack

I just bought two diplomas

Last edited:

Their MO seems the same...

A couple of 26+5 test messages, then flood the board with Chinese characters. They must assume they are being translated

It seems that Sunday night is a favorite time for these Chinese "hack attacks".
It’s actually been almost daily. They wait see no mods on line and hit.

Intel reports say that the NUMBER of these Spam devils has decreased since we instituted a "safety barrier" on new posters. BUT -- now the ones getting thru are just more persistent. Less individuals, more "testing of the defenses". So there's gonna more tuning until we got the "dead of night" issue covered.

One way to stop it is to deputize a member that lives in Europe or Australia or similar time zones to cover the Graveyard shift. Gee maybe even a Russian or two.. LOL.
Or stop staying up so late and get up early like most people in the USA...

A couple of 26+5 test messages, then flood the board with Chinese characters. They must assume they are being translated
I have no idea what you just said, so I'll just say uh huh and nod knowingly.

I’d show you but their posts get deleted too quickly

I’d show you but their posts get deleted too quickly

I translated one about 2 days ago. The long ones are offers for fake college degrees. Complete with fake documents that prove you were there, transcripts even teacher recommendations.

Well ,I had been told to stop speaking French with Pogo especially and after that we had Russians who came to talk with us in Russian and now the Chinese who is next?
smilies_alien005-1779cb.gif

Any chance these hacks are trying to get personal info from members??? And I don't mean for anyone that buys into what they're selling.....well that too I suppose.....but more of accessing members info and cross checking that with public records or something like that???

I mean, if they can get in........just how far are they 'getting in'?????

Any chance these hacks are trying to get personal info from members??? And I don't mean for anyone that buys into what they're selling.....well that too I suppose.....but more of accessing members info and cross checking that with public records or something like that???

It is a secret plot to take over USMB

It's fishy, they are there every day and it's been a while now I've never seen before

Forum List

Back