What's With The "God Bless You" Stuff?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
I've never met the heavenly daddy and they haven't met him either so why not a simple "Good Luck?"

1429754-1253930_this_thread_again_super_super.jpg

I've never met the heavenly daddy and they haven't met him either so why not a simple "Good Luck?"

They have a faith in something, others do not, and it brings them happiness. So let it rock and let it roll; I am happy for them.

It's nearly over...thank goodness. My brainwashing began by my own family when I was an infant and small child. When I was in grammar school they began the day with the lord's prayer, pledge of allegiance etc. and on Monday's the teacher assigned bible verses to be memorized and recited to the class on Thursdays and Fridays. Let them rear up and try a round of that bullshit now.

People are getting smart and as they do they realize they are not going to rise up from a grave, meet a ghost floating on a cloud, fly off to paradise to live forever while those who believe something else are burning and screaming in a pit of fire and brimstone.

using god bless you to swat at people is pretty sick stuff.

how christiany of you

Sneezing is a sign of sickness, so we bless those that sneeze in hopes of their wellness. These days, sneezing is used as a reminder for us to tell those around us we care about them and want God to be with them.

You may have noticed that many people do not say "God Bless You" but say "Bless You". This may be because of the religious differences between people and that it is much more politically correct by not distinguishing who is "blessing" you.

It a good thing and not a bad thing. It does you no harm what so ever, to wish you to be well and not to become sick.

Peach you get an A+
Cammmmpbelll, during the Black plague, sneezing was one of the last symptoms the sick had before they died. There were not enough priests to make it in time for last rights, so they told people, if the sick started to sneeze, to just go ahead and bless them.

I hope God Blesses the shit out you Cammmpbelll! :)

God bless the atheists, because God does.

You are right about that Jake.
God blesses His children, a family from which atheists choose to divorce themselves. But he can and does bless those who are "fox hole atheists", because He can see the end from the beginning and recognizes that person as a "late bloomer".

using god bless you to swat at people is pretty sick stuff.
how christiany of you

Shucks, that ain't nuthin. On Facebook the Christians ask for others to pray for everything from a head cold to a sick pet. One guy was honestly asking his gathering to pray for his 11 year old cocker spaniel and a mother was asking others to pray for their two kids with respiratory problems after they had missed one day of school. Sometimes I almost vomit reading that horse shit. The only thing most of them have in common is that they vote Republican and thump their bibles.

Last edited:

Why have such an issue with it? Geez, I'm not religious but I don't get worked up over someone wishing me their best per their beliefs. At least they're not saying "burn in hell."

Sorry, it just seems like a pretty trivial complaint.

Forum List

Back