What’s with Protestants and Catholics and their hate of knowledge?

your hypothesis that there is no god has just as much evidence to support it as that of a person who believes in a god.

you just choose to ignore that fact, just like a person who believes in a god.

go figure

So little knowledge of beliefs, yet such a large mouth to speak.

You don't know for shit what I believe, so why would you speak in such a fashion?

You are an atheist, so you say, who can't prove God does not exist through science orphilosophy, yet you choose, beyond reason or logic, to believe so.

That is faith.

I am an atheistic scientific pantheist, it means I believe that the closest thing you will ever get to a "God" is the universe itself, though I don't step so far as to use the word God.

And again. You cannot prove God exists, but there are certain claims made by theists that are completely falsifiable.

And as Neil DeGrasse Tyson said, if that's how you want to play your game, then your God is a pocket of scientific ignorance that is getting smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.

Also, if that's your definition for faith, then you are taking it on faith that your next breath you breathe will contain oxygen. That your molecules won't suddenly pop out of existence.

Don't be so careless with language, lest it loses its meaning.

You don't know for shit what I believe, so why would you speak in such a fashion?

You are an atheist, so you say, who can't prove God does not exist through science orphilosophy, yet you choose, beyond reason or logic, to believe so.

That is faith.

I am an atheistic scientific pantheist, it means I believe that the closest thing you will ever get to a "God" is the universe itself, though I don't step so far as to use the word God.

And again. You cannot prove God exists, but there are certain claims made by theists that are completely falsifiable.

And as Neil DeGrasse Tyson said, if that's how you want to play your game, then your God is a pocket of scientific ignorance that is getting smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.

Also, if that's your definition for faith, then you are taking it on faith that your next breath you breathe will contain oxygen. That your molecules won't suddenly pop out of existence.

:lmao:

That is faith.

And smaller.

And smaller.

Therein shows your lack of knowledge.

And smaller.

And smaller.

Therein shows your lack of knowledge.

Sure thing there Sparky..... :thup: :lol:

Athough you are not an atheist, you may be a Pandoran.

Go plug your braid in to the local plant biology to check that out.

Athough you are not an atheist, you may be a Pandoran.

Go plug your braid in to the local plant biology to check that out.

What?

So see Avatar, and if I am right, call the production company and see if it has a list of phone numbers for your cousins.

Pretty sure my hair is too short to braid. Sounds like a fun religion.

You know, the only difference is in the movie, their religion was REAL.

That is faith.

And smaller.

And smaller.

take your own advice, kid

[

Please learn the definition of "parable".

Then we can continue this discussion.

Meanwhile, understand that my belief structure nor my faith is anchored in the Crusades or Inquisitions.

:eusa_hand:

Yes I know. It is based on human sacrifice and that is why it is an immoral religion.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Scapegoating is immoral. Stop riding your Jesus. God will send you to hell for it.

Regards
DL

Who are you to judge my religion?

Who are you to speak to God's plan?

You can't speak to what is in another person's mind/heart.
That means you are even less qualified to speak to God's intentions.

I will never understand the fascination for some atheists to go so far out of their way as to create a thread with the sole purpose of ridiculing another person's belief structure.
I would like to see just one thread-link pointing me to where a Christian has started a thread telling atheists that they are going to hell.

Dismissed
:eusa_hand:
Enjoy that red M&M I just gave you.
Insults are rewarded that way.
:fu:

"Hate of knowledge?" "In the early years"? It sounds like a bad 10th grade paper by an angry kid who decided to be agnostic. The English monarchy authorized the destruction of priceless Medieval writings in a war against Catholics because Ollie Cromwell decided that Hank #8 should have the option of beheading his wives. The power of absolute rulers was on the minds of the Founding Fathers when freedom of religion was placed in the first Amendment to the Constitution. Unfortunately a stacked supreme court headed by a former KKK justice who hated Catholics found a "separation of church and state" that did not exist in the Constitution.

"Hate of knowledge?" "In the early years"? It sounds like a bad 10th grade paper by an angry kid who decided to be agnostic. The English monarchy authorized the destruction of priceless Medieval writings in a war against Catholics because Ollie Cromwell decided that Hank #8 should have the option of beheading his wives. The power of absolute rulers was on the minds of the Founding Fathers when freedom of religion was placed in the first Amendment to the Constitution. Unfortunately a stacked supreme court headed by a former KKK justice who hated Catholics found a "separation of church and state" that did not exist in the Constitution.

when done wiping the spittle from your mouth, mind giving us a decision and a link?

The Spanish Inquisition ("(Keep Feeling) Fascination" by The Human League) - YouTube

In the early years, the Catholics hierarchy was against the reading of scriptures. In that day, to question any dogma was often met with violence. It took Martin Luther to end Catholic monopoly of biblical interpretation yet it can be argued that he did so for political, monetary and not religious reasons. Germany was losing too much wealth to Rome and he used his theses against indulgences to split from the Catholic Church.

Since that day, the Spanish inquisition, and Catholic/Protestant policies have pushes for only the biblical interpretations that have been sanctioned by the various Church hierarchies to be accepted. IOW, they are to control your theosis or apotheosis.

Being a Gnostic Christian, I of course ignore such commands. If you are one of faith then you cannot. You must kowtow to whatever sect you belong to and believe as they believe.

Most Catholics and Protestants I talk to tell me that we are not to judge God. Strange as this condition excludes them of course, as they have judged their God to be good. The rest of us are fine if we agree and since we cannot judge God on our own, we are not allowed to judge anything but good. Judging God as evil is not allowed.

To judge, one needs knowledge first and foremost. Eden shows that God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge of good and evil. The early Catholic Church followed suit by burning competing gospels and killing members of other Christian sects that did not convert. Protestant sects and their hierarchies, by insisting that theosis is under their guidance only, also discourage questioning and judging and acquiring knowledge.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Martin Luther

What do the churches fear with a more intelligent population?

Are they afraid that with knowledge, people will stop believing in talking animals and other fantasies, miracles and magic and realize that their faith has no clothes?

hans christian anderson emperor's new clothes - Yahoo! Video Search

Are so called religious folk following religions and Gods or are they following tradition and culture as this following indicates?

Richard Dawkins: If Science Worked Like Religion - YouTube

Is that why the various Abrahamic cults are not reconciling their doctrinal differences and not seeking knowledge and unification?

A & E were punished for seeking knowledge and becoming as Gods.

The Church punishes any that seek knowledge that does not match Church dogma. True or not.

Just how stupid does the Church want their adherents? Do they want slaves the same way their God does?

As a believer, just how big of a blinder are you willing to wear to follow your Church and God?

How much B S are you willing to eat from your Church hierarchy to maintain the delusion that you believe in an invisible miracle working absentee super God?

Regards
DL

I see the board has another idiot.

The Spanish Inquisition ("(Keep Feeling) Fascination" by The Human League) - YouTube

In the early years, the Catholics hierarchy was against the reading of scriptures. In that day, to question any dogma was often met with violence. It took Martin Luther to end Catholic monopoly of biblical interpretation yet it can be argued that he did so for political, monetary and not religious reasons. Germany was losing too much wealth to Rome and he used his theses against indulgences to split from the Catholic Church.

Since that day, the Spanish inquisition, and Catholic/Protestant policies have pushes for only the biblical interpretations that have been sanctioned by the various Church hierarchies to be accepted. IOW, they are to control your theosis or apotheosis.

Being a Gnostic Christian, I of course ignore such commands. If you are one of faith then you cannot. You must kowtow to whatever sect you belong to and believe as they believe.

Most Catholics and Protestants I talk to tell me that we are not to judge God. Strange as this condition excludes them of course, as they have judged their God to be good. The rest of us are fine if we agree and since we cannot judge God on our own, we are not allowed to judge anything but good. Judging God as evil is not allowed.

To judge, one needs knowledge first and foremost. Eden shows that God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge of good and evil. The early Catholic Church followed suit by burning competing gospels and killing members of other Christian sects that did not convert. Protestant sects and their hierarchies, by insisting that theosis is under their guidance only, also discourage questioning and judging and acquiring knowledge.

Martin Luther

Are they afraid that with knowledge, people will stop believing in talking animals and other fantasies, miracles and magic and realize that their faith has no clothes?

Are so called religious folk following religions and Gods or are they following tradition and culture as this following indicates?

Is that why the various Abrahamic cults are not reconciling their doctrinal differences and not seeking knowledge and unification?

The Church punishes any that seek knowledge that does not match Church dogma. True or not.

Just how stupid does the Church want their adherents? Do they want slaves the same way their God does?

As a believer, just how big of a blinder are you willing to wear to follow your Church and God?

How much B S are you willing to eat from your Church hierarchy to maintain the delusion that you believe in an invisible miracle working absentee super God?

Regards
DL

Most "protestants" that I know of don't try to control what I believe. Rather, I'm encouraged by them to ask and seek God myself, to read the scriptures myself, to be like those the "Bereans" the bible... (basically trust God before I trust man; even themselves)

Acts 17:11 As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Still not sure what a Gnostic Christian is (from your other post/thread). I'll have to wait to see if you reply to my other question on your other thread and perhaps I'll understand your beliefs better.

However, I don't understand how you call yourself a Christian ( which is knowing that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior to all and that He came in the flesh) but you do not believe the Word of God? (The bible)

One of His Names is the Word of God. Without His Word, how do we learn Who Jesus Christ is?

Revelation 19:13
He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Last edited:
some day man will face that all religion was merely a coping mechanism to soothe mans insaciable desire for answers.

Now we are finding the real answers and dont need the myths.

Ever wondered how embarrassing it's gonna be for you if, when you die, you find out there really is a God?

:lol:

What happens if there is no God, Cali-G?

Or worst, that GOD did not send the messiah(!ll you christians are in a bigger boat load of crap in that case! Trying to mislead GOD's chosen will provoke GOD's wraith against you!But I bet you Christians never consider that little Jewish fact!!)

What happens if there is no God? Then no harm no foul. We all end up in the same boat, dead. We exist no more.
The question is, what if there IS a God? Then wadda ya gonna do?

Martin Luther

Regards
DL

Most "protestants" that I know of don't try to control what I believe. Rather, I'm encouraged by them to ask and seek God myself, to read the scriptures myself, to be like those the "Bereans" the bible... (basically trust God before I trust man; even themselves)

Acts 17:11 As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Still not sure what a Gnostic Christian is (from your other post/thread). I'll have to wait to see if you reply to my other question on your other thread and perhaps I'll understand your beliefs better.

However, I don't understand how you call yourself a Christian ( which is knowing that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior to all and that He came in the flesh) but you do not believe the Word of God? (The bible)

One of His Names is the Word of God. Without His Word, how do we learn Who Jesus Christ is?

He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

My guess is the OP doesn't know what a Gnostic Christian is either. Gnostics actually believe knowledge is intuitive, so they pretty much reject anything that comes through study, especially science, because anything but the spiritual world is false. Many of them actually believe the physical world is a manifestation of Satan.

Seriously?

You're seriously faulting the believers of the day for what happened 400 years ago?

Do you berate MDs today for LEECHING GEORGE WASINGTON to death, too?

I did not assign blame.

Nonsense.

You spoke of TODAY's believers AFTER posting the video about the religious oppression that took place centuries ago.

Trying to move the goal posts of you OWN thread is pretty weak argumentative style, amigo.

I just wondered how in today's world, anyone can think that it is good to have a theology that is based on talking animals and water walkers.

Oh pretty much the same way people think we can base an economy on an INVISIBLE HAND OF THE MARKET or thinking that the power of positive thinking can alter reality or a whole host of other modern non-theological faith-based thinking.

Its called faith, and while you and I might not have someone else's faith, you and I probably have a slew of faith-based thinking sustaining us, too.

Especially when the God in question is genocidal and had his own son needlessly murdered.

Obviously some of them don't think their god is genocidal, or if they do they APPROVE of it.

You don't like religion?

We get it.

All I ask is that you hate religion based on a sensible argument against it.

Thus far the argument you have brought to the table is pretty damned weak.

Last edited:

Martin Luther

Regards
DL

My guess is the OP doesn't know what a Gnostic Christian is either. Gnostics actually believe knowledge is intuitive, so they pretty much reject anything that comes through study, especially science, because anything but the spiritual world is false. Many of them actually believe the physical world is a manifestation of Satan.

By the 13th century, such folks taught the spirit is good, all matter is bad. Thus, Jesus was a manifestation of spirit, not flesh, and He did not die on the Cross. The first great Crusades were against them, the events were brutal, and tens of thousands were slaughtered in southern France.

Forum List

Back