What’s with Protestants and Catholics and their hate of knowledge?

What’s with Protestants and Catholics and their hate of knowledge?

The Spanish Inquisition ("(Keep Feeling) Fascination" by The Human League) - YouTube

In the early years, the Catholics hierarchy was against the reading of scriptures. In that day, to question any dogma was often met with violence. It took Martin Luther to end Catholic monopoly of biblical interpretation yet it can be argued that he did so for political, monetary and not religious reasons. Germany was losing too much wealth to Rome and he used his theses against indulgences to split from the Catholic Church.

Since that day, the Spanish inquisition, and Catholic/Protestant policies have pushes for only the biblical interpretations that have been sanctioned by the various Church hierarchies to be accepted. IOW, they are to control your theosis or apotheosis.

Being a Gnostic Christian, I of course ignore such commands. If you are one of faith then you cannot. You must kowtow to whatever sect you belong to and believe as they believe.

Most Catholics and Protestants I talk to tell me that we are not to judge God. Strange as this condition excludes them of course, as they have judged their God to be good. The rest of us are fine if we agree and since we cannot judge God on our own, we are not allowed to judge anything but good. Judging God as evil is not allowed.

To judge, one needs knowledge first and foremost. Eden shows that God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge of good and evil. The early Catholic Church followed suit by burning competing gospels and killing members of other Christian sects that did not convert. Protestant sects and their hierarchies, by insisting that theosis is under their guidance only, also discourage questioning and judging and acquiring knowledge.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Martin Luther

What do the churches fear with a more intelligent population?

Are they afraid that with knowledge, people will stop believing in talking animals and other fantasies, miracles and magic and realize that their faith has no clothes?

hans christian anderson emperor's new clothes - Yahoo! Video Search

Are so called religious folk following religions and Gods or are they following tradition and culture as this following indicates?

Richard Dawkins: If Science Worked Like Religion - YouTube

Is that why the various Abrahamic cults are not reconciling their doctrinal differences and not seeking knowledge and unification?

A & E were punished for seeking knowledge and becoming as Gods.

The Church punishes any that seek knowledge that does not match Church dogma. True or not.

Just how stupid does the Church want their adherents? Do they want slaves the same way their God does?

As a believer, just how big of a blinder are you willing to wear to follow your Church and God?

How much B S are you willing to eat from your Church hierarchy to maintain the delusion that you believe in an invisible miracle working absentee super God?

Regards
DL

Please learn the definition of "parable".

Then we can continue this discussion.

Meanwhile, understand that my belief structure nor my faith is anchored in the Crusades or Inquisitions.

:eusa_hand:

:rofl:

was that supposed to mean something, idiot child?

del, you generally strike me as a reasonable human being. So when I say this I mean it with the utmost respect.

Stop being an idiot.

Either that or stop pretending.

pretending what? what point was your blog trying to make? that christians aren't wiccans? i already knew that.

so, once again, what's your point?

i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that you have one.

:rofl:

was that supposed to mean something, idiot child?

del, you generally strike me as a reasonable human being. So when I say this I mean it with the utmost respect.

Stop being an idiot.

pretending what? what point was your blog trying to make? that christians aren't wiccans? i already knew that.

I guess I should have known better than to expect the best from USMB.

Stop being an idiot.

i guess i should have known better than to expect you to be able to articulate your point.

i guess i should have known better than to expect you to be able to articulate your point.

The point is we are all atheist in some respect or another, we are just the only people who realize that there is one other option and that is all of them could be wrong.

Last edited:

The point is we are all atheist in some respect or another, we are just the only people who realize that there is one other option and that is all of them could be wrong.

sure they could all be wrong. conversely, they could all be right.

since there's no proof, either way, you're a believer.

enjoy

enjoy

So not accepting a hypothesis because there is no evidence for it is faith?

You are stretching faith to the point where the word no longer has meaning.

enjoy

your hypothesis that there is no god has just as much evidence to support it as that of a person who believes in a god.

you just choose to ignore that fact, just like a person who believes in a god.

go figure

enjoy

your hypothesis that there is no god has just as much evidence to support it as that of a person who believes in a god.

go figure

So little knowledge of beliefs, yet such a large mouth to speak.

You don't know for shit what I believe, so why would you speak in such a fashion?

go figure

You don't know for shit what I believe, so why would you speak in such a fashion?

so you're not an atheist?

okay

surprisingly, i don't give a shit one way or the other.

no need to get all hissy :lol:

go figure

You are an atheist, so you say, who can't prove God does not exist through science orphilosophy, yet you choose, beyond reason or logic, to believe so.

That is faith.

some day man will face that all religion was merely a coping mechanism to soothe mans insaciable desire for answers.

Now we are finding the real answers and dont need the myths.

Ever wondered how embarrassing it's gonna be for you if, when you die, you find out there really is a God?

:lol:
o \ i would think a lot less embarrassing then it will be for you when you die and find there isnt

Religion has ALWAYS been about power & control. That is WHY religion is ALWAYS tied to the political machinery of the state in question. Even JC warned to others about staying away from teachers of religion.

If it takes faith to be an atheist, then it also must take faith to disbelieve any claim whatsoever that lies outside the realm of proof. If you choose to disbelieve the authenticity of your horoscope, that apparently requires faith. Are you seriously advocating this philosophy?

If it takes faith to be an atheist, then it also must take faith to disbelieve any claim whatsoever that lies outside the realm of proof. If you choose to disbelieve the authenticity of your horoscope, that apparently requires faith. Are you seriously advocating this philosophy?

I am sure that you are not seriously advocating the nonsense above.Do ancestors exist? Confucians do, but can't prove it, but they have faith in it and their religion.

Does the Tao actually exist? Those who follow the Tao believe it, but can't prove it, but they have faith in it and their religion.

Do atheists have faith that God does not exist, but can't prove it?

IDN, you are not consistent in your argumentation. Hint: if you use derivative analogies, use ones that are most similar to what we are discussing.

[

Please learn the definition of "parable".

Then we can continue this discussion.

Meanwhile, understand that my belief structure nor my faith is anchored in the Crusades or Inquisitions.

:eusa_hand:

Yes I know. It is based on human sacrifice and that is why it is an immoral religion.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Scapegoating is immoral. Stop riding your Jesus. God will send you to hell for it.

Regards
DL

go figure

You are an atheist, so you say, who can't prove God does not exist through science orphilosophy, yet you choose, beyond reason or logic, to believe so.

That is faith.

That, or do like believers and have faith in a genocidal son murdering God.

Hmm. Let me choose.

A Hitler and Stalin type of God or none at all.

Anyone with half a brain would choose none. That or take Satan's choice of a God who is completely devoid of morals.

Regards
DL

Religion has ALWAYS been about power & control. That is WHY religion is ALWAYS tied to the political machinery of the state in question. Even JC warned to others about staying away from teachers of religion.

+ 1

If Jesus lived at all, he was a Gnostic.

The Gnostic gospels make more sense to me than the Christian version that basically reversed the Jewish foundation that Christianity is based on.

Strange. And Christians are too indoctrinated in dogma to wonder why that is.

Do not ask, do not question. Obey.

Regards
DL

I am sure that you are not seriously advocating the nonsense above.Do ancestors exist? Confucians do, but can't prove it, but they have faith in it and their religion.

Does the Tao actually exist? Those who follow the Tao believe it, but can't prove it, but they have faith in it and their religion.

Do atheists have faith that God does not exist, but can't prove it?

IDN, you are not consistent in your argumentation. Hint: if you use derivative analogies, use ones that are most similar to what we are discussing.

Do you have faith that Krishna, Thor, or Zeus do not exist?

Forum List

Back