~What's Up With These Storms??~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Jesus H......for the past week, we have had huge severe thunderstorms and/or tornadoes in my area......right now it is pouring buckets.........thunder shakes the whole apartment and the winds knocked my damn satellite signal out.....*grrrrrr*

Jesus H......for the past week, we have had huge severe thunderstorms and/or tornadoes in my area......right now it is pouring buckets.........thunder shakes the whole apartment and the winds knocked my damn satellite signal out.....*grrrrrr*

You fell in love with a new guy...right?

Hmmm, you could be in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, or Tennessee. You guys are in a mid to late April pattern. Unbelievable temps east of the Rockies. Everything started blooming in early February down here along the Gulf Coast. Lot's of beach days throughout the winter.

Hmm, all we have gotten is sun, 70's and low 80's for the last week here in western Indiana. Looks like more of the same all next week. The tulip trees are blooming, flowers blooming, and I'm wondering if the mushrooms are going to start popping soon.

I just hope this is not indicative of the summer. I just keep thinking 100's and drought.

Hmmm, you could be in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, or Tennessee. You guys are in a mid to late April pattern. Unbelievable temps east of the Rockies. Everything started blooming in early February down here along the Gulf Coast. Lot's of beach days throughout the winter.

Southeastern Tennessee....and our temps are unseasonably high too....in the upper 80s.

Sent Truck trailers flyin' into the sky...
:eek:
Tornadoes wreck homes and ground flights in Texas
3 April 2012 - Many trees have been uprooted by the rampaging funnel clouds
Tornadoes have touched down near Dallas, Texas, flipping trucks, uprooting trees, wrecking homes and grounding planes. Dallas-Fort Worth Airport cancelled flights and moved passengers away from glass windows for their safety.

The tornado touched down at lunchtime just south of Dallas, and moved east as another appeared in Mansfield. There were no immediate reports of injuries. US TV footage showed images of houses with roofs and second storeys missing. Some of the properties were almost completely blown away.

American Airlines cancelled more than 400 flights at Dallas-Fort Worth International, the eighth busiest airport in the world in terms of passengers.

The National Weather Service reported at least two "large and extremely dangerous" tornadoes. Its warning said that the area would remain on tornado watch until 20:00 local time (01:00 GMT) on Tuesday.

BBC News - Tornadoes wreck homes and ground flights in Texas

Sent Truck trailers flyin' into the sky...
:eek:
Tornadoes wreck homes and ground flights in Texas
3 April 2012 - Many trees have been uprooted by the rampaging funnel clouds
Tornadoes have touched down near Dallas, Texas, flipping trucks, uprooting trees, wrecking homes and grounding planes. Dallas-Fort Worth Airport cancelled flights and moved passengers away from glass windows for their safety.

The tornado touched down at lunchtime just south of Dallas, and moved east as another appeared in Mansfield. There were no immediate reports of injuries. US TV footage showed images of houses with roofs and second storeys missing. Some of the properties were almost completely blown away.

American Airlines cancelled more than 400 flights at Dallas-Fort Worth International, the eighth busiest airport in the world in terms of passengers.

The National Weather Service reported at least two "large and extremely dangerous" tornadoes. Its warning said that the area would remain on tornado watch until 20:00 local time (01:00 GMT) on Tuesday.

BBC News - Tornadoes wreck homes and ground flights in Texas
Construction and material sales up in April !!! It B a recovery !
Gawd Blass murka !

Last year's drought extends into this year...
:confused:
Drought expands throughout USA
11 Apr.`12 - The USA hasn't been this dry in almost five years.
Still reeling from last year's devastating drought that led to at least $10 billion in agricultural losses across Texas and the South, the nation is enduring another unusually parched year. A mostly dry, mild winter has put nearly 61% of the lower 48 states in "abnormally dry" or drought conditions, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor, a weekly federal tracking of drought. That's the highest percentage of dry or drought conditions since September 2007, when 61.5% of the country was listed in those categories. Only two states — Ohio and Alaska — are entirely free of abnormally dry or drought conditions, according to the Drought Monitor.

drought.jpg

The drought is expanding into some areas where dryness is rare, such as New England. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, stream levels are at near-record or record lows in much of New England. The Drought Monitor lists all of Vermont as "abnormally dry," just six months after the state's wettest August on record that stemmed mainly from disastrous flooding by the remnants of Hurricane Irene. The rest of the East is also very dry. "Georgia is one area we'll really have to watch," says meteorologist David Miskus of the Climate Prediction Center in Camp Springs, Md. More than 63% of the state is now in the worst two levels of drought, the highest percentage of any state. Wildfires and brush fires have been common along the East Coast from New England to Florida in recent weeks because of wind and the unusual dryness.

The Southwest and Southeast had a very dry winter, but the southern Plains, including eastern Texas, had a much wetter winter than expected, Miskus says. The rain eased drought conditions in eastern Texas. The state dropped from 100% in the four categories of drought in late September to 64% this week. Much of western Texas remains in extreme to exceptional drought.Trouble also looms for water-dependent California. The state Department of Water Resources announced last week that water content in California's mountain snowpack is 45% below normal.

Source

Forum List

Back