What's Up With The Site??...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumpy, you're absolutely right, we shouldn't have to install stuff to be able to use the site. We didn't have this problem when Gunny, Pix and Meister ran the place. Even the emu was vastly superior to what we have now.
Since then, USMB has turned into a place where certain people can get away with just about anything, but pointing out that certain staff members do more harm than good can result in being sent to the gulag.
Sheesh Ernie, I'm having problems posting.. I'm on the edge of saying, "poops on this nightmare"..:laugh:

Those were the golden years of posting here. Even though I was well disliked by the dominant forces, I sure had fun ruffling their feathers. I don't post enough to judge most present day staff members but I can say the ones I like, I really do like.
Hell I like virtually all of the mods. I'm talking red ink here, Lumpster.

Try running the site on firefox with BluHell Firewall. It solved all my problems, well except for the above.
You.. "red ink" sheesh. Try posting with a smile again my ole friend. Granted, there's a lot more turds in the USMB punchbowl now-a-days and many members deserving of respect have seemingly moved on.

Last edited:
Not to be a whiner, but what's going on with the site? Seems like those who run it have lost interest. Doesn't look like the effort is there anymore. Used to hand out awards and stuff like that. And now it seems real buggy too. It may have something to do with the video ads. But i'm not sure. The site kinda lost its positive energetic vibe. Seems to be flatlining. Anyone else feel the same way?
Yams, damn those YAMs and all the money they contribute, all the funds to the illuminati? Yams are big money peeps. Forget about the Elders of Zion and the man on the grassy knoll, let a lone the Quackenbush conspiracy. It all ends up with Yams.

Post with a smile?
I usually do enjoy myself here until I get all nostalgic and shit. I would love to turn the clock back about 3 years at USMB.

Post with a smile?
I usually do enjoy myself here until I get all nostalgic and shit. I would love to turn the clock back about 3 years at USMB.
If you can't laugh at the delirious dopes around here and actually start taking them seriously, you're not smiling.

The problem with dinosaurs like us is that we remember how sweet it was here and in the past generally.

Last edited:
The mods don't sell ad space or choose software. All they do is referee out squabbles. ADMIN is where you should be bitching.

Look for folks with red names. They are the only ones who can fix (or create) software problems.
G'night guy.
I can deal with the slowness...the hypocrisy, abuse and censorship is another story. Have a good night.

I can deal with the slowness...the hypocrisy, abuse and censorship is another story. Have a good night.

There is a definite pattern to what gets censored and what doesn't.

When a site has one mod who accounts for the majority of such actions, the agenda of the mod in question should be questioned by those running the site.

There is a definite pattern to what gets censored and what doesn't.

When a site has one mod who accounts for the majority of such actions, the agenda of the mod in question should be questioned by those running the site.
I sure wish we could discuss it. This site could be improved immensely with just a little dialogue.

Post with a smile?
If you can't laugh at the delirious dopes around here and actually start taking them seriously, you're not smiling.

The problem with dinosaurs like us is that we remember how sweet it was here and in the past generally.

I find it difficult to laugh at toxic people. The usual idiots that were here back in the good old days still amuse me, but some of the newer folks are either outright nuts or so full of both horse shit and themselves that I can't maintain my normal cheerful demeanor.
Dweebs, fakes and those that refer to themselves in the third person are still irritating but after 4 1/2 years, I know them so well, I could write most of their posts

Better not go under. I can think of several individuals here that will likely slit their wrists without their 24/7 trolling the board fix.

Gotta admit, i would be bummed. But yeah, it's lost the energetic vibe. It's like those who run it just lost interest. And they really do need to get rid of the video ads and all the adware. It wreaks havoc on computers.

Kinda making it tough to wanna come here. Computer slows to a crawl from all the adware. It happens when i come to this site. I hope they do figure it out. I love the site. Been coming here for awhile. I guess we'll see though.
Ad Fender seems to be working great for me, and it's a free download also.. My comp seems to be doing great no matter if I come here or not. Hey and my comp is purdy darn old too, so I'm not sure what is slowing you down really, unless it's those ads like you say maybe.

Not sure what the make up at the top of this site is, and this be it either (liberal or maybe conservative / tea party type crowds or who knows what maybe running it), but if it's a majority left wing liberal that is running it, well they could be losing to many battles lately, and therefore they worry that the site could be providing a platform for those who are exposing them or are against them because they may be to radical as liberals or even heavily liberal minded in this nation. Who knows really..

Hmmmmmm ???????

I don't think it's about political ideology. I think it's more about those running the site losing interest. They used to grant trophy points and stuff like that. But now the site seems to be flatlining. And the Adware stuff is way out of control too. I mean, it drops like a 100 Adware items at a time sometimes. But hey, maybe they'll turn things around. I'm hopeful. I've enjoyed the site for years.

Lumpy, you're absolutely right, we shouldn't have to install stuff to be able to use the site. We didn't have this problem when Gunny, Pix and Meister ran the place. Even the emu was vastly superior to what we have now.
Since then, USMB has turned into a place where certain people can get away with just about anything, but pointing out that certain staff members do more harm than good can result in being sent to the gulag.

Meister, Pixie and the Emu overlooked what their buddies did as well. Not sure what planet you live on.

Sheesh Ernie, I'm having problems posting.. I'm on the edge of saying, "poops on this nightmare"..:laugh:

Those were the golden years of posting here. Even though I was well disliked by the dominant forces, I sure had fun ruffling their feathers. I don't post enough to judge most present day staff members but I can say the ones I like, I really do like.

Try running the site on firefox with BluHell Firewall. It solved all my problems, well except for the above.
I think it is time for a mod overhaul. Can't discuss why...that's too bad.
Mods are fine. They need better upper management.

The upper management is fine.

I think it is time for a mod overhaul. Can't discuss why...that's too bad.
Mods are fine. They need better upper management.
Not sure about that. If they leave the site up to the mods...then whose fault is it. And their choice in mods absolutely baffles me...well, not really. They do well in maintaining the overall narrative of USMB.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back