What's Up With The Site??...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, this site is wreaking havoc on my computer. Just scanned, it's dropped almost 100 items of adware on me so far. In total slow-down crash-mode now. Makin it pretty unpleasant coming here. Come on USMB, gotta address the issue. :(
Download CCleaner and run it about once a day. It'll even clean the registry for you.
CCleaner - Download

Download the free version. It'll automatically let you know when a new version or update is available. It'll place an icon on your desktop screen. Just click on it and run it at least once day. It only takes it about 1 to 2 minutes to run.

Yeah, i do that often. The site is just real buggy. It's dropping a hefty load of adware. It causes frequent crashes. Hopefully, they'll correct the problem. Otherwise, won't be much point for anyone to come here.

Not to be a whiner, but what's going on with the site? Seems like those who run it have lost interest. Doesn't look like the effort is there anymore. Used to hand out awards and stuff like that. And now it seems real buggy too. It may have something to do with the video ads. But i'm not sure. The site kinda lost its positive energetic vibe. Seems to be flatlining. Anyone else feel the same way?
Since April of 2012, the place has gone steadily down hill.

Gotta kinda agree. They updated the site and were really into it for awhile. They handed out awards and stuff like that. But then things went South in a hurry. It's like they just lost interest. And it's also become so adware extreme. The site drops a shite-load of adware items on ya. Annoyingly buggy.

I really do like coming here, but they need to get more into it again, and address the adware stuff. Otherwise, i'll have to give it up. And that would be a bummer. I've enjoyed the site for awhile. I really do hope things start changing for the better. But i guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Not to be a whiner, but what's going on with the site? Seems like those who run it have lost interest. Doesn't look like the effort is there anymore. Used to hand out awards and stuff like that. And now it seems real buggy too. It may have something to do with the video ads. But i'm not sure. The site kinda lost its positive energetic vibe. Seems to be flatlining. Anyone else feel the same way?

Gotta kinda agree. They updated the site and were really into it for awhile. They handed out awards and stuff like that. But then things went South in a hurry. It's like they just lost interest. And it's also become so adware extreme. The site drops a shite-load of adware items on ya. Annoyingly buggy.

I really do like coming here, but they need to get more into it again, and address the adware stuff. Otherwise, i'll have to give it up. And that would be a bummer. Been here awhile. I hope things start changing for the better. But i guess we'll see.
When admin loses interest, the site will probably fold. I belonged to another forum up until about three years ago and it folded ( e-thepeople.org ). I enjoyed it, but towards the end, it got so bad that it just wasn't worth the time any longer.

what I cant figure out is I logged in today and i cant find where you click on the three likes on the right hand corner they have? the agree,the informative and the thanks likes.
It's gone. "Thanks" is still there, but the others have vanished.

I really do like coming here, but they need to get more into it again, and address the adware stuff. Otherwise, i'll have to give it up. And that would be a bummer. Been here awhile. I hope things start changing for the better. But i guess we'll see.
When admin loses interest, the site will probably fold. I belonged to another forum up until about three years ago and it folded ( e-thepeople.org ). I enjoyed it, but towards the end, it got so bad that it just wasn't worth the time any longer.

Yeah, it happens. Maybe USMB's time is up. It would be a real shame though. It's been around for a long time.

Yeah, it happens. Maybe USMB's time is up. It would be a real shame though. It's been around for a long time.
Well, they come and they go. Maybe we're reading more into it than is actually there. Maybe there are other explanations for all of this. Time will tell.

I highly dislike the algorhythm they use to decide if you get alert for a new post in a thread you're watching or not.

It punishes you if you miss a click and the. Stops alerting you, its bananas, i deteste the convolutedness which is it.

I understand wanting to improve and evolve. But before the "big change," shit was FINE.

Now let me defend the admin just a bit. Ads are what incentivise them to run the site even AT ALL. Cant blame them for that part of it.

But god damn, give us the old board back.

I highly dislike the algorhythm they use to decide if you get alert for a new post in a thread you're watching or not.

It punishes you if you miss a click and the. Stops alerting you, its bananas, i deteste the convolutedness which is it.

I understand wanting to improve and evolve. But before the "big change," shit was FINE.

Now let me defend the admin just a bit. Ads are what incentivise them to run the site even AT ALL. Cant blame them for that part of it.

They could easily place the ads at the bottom of the page, and make them small. How many members come to this site to read the damn ads? It's like trying to watch something on TV and the damn commercials come on every 5 minutes and last for ten minutes. I doubt many members come here to read ads all day.

They could easily place the ads at the bottom of the page, and make them small. How many members come to this site to read the damn ads? It's like trying to watch something on TV and the damn commercials come on every 5 minutes and last for ten minutes. I doubt many members come here to read ads all day.

It's clearly out of control. Especially the video ads. Dropping almost 100 adware items is unacceptable. It needs to be addressed. Otherwise, people won't come here.

It's clearly out of control. Especially the video ads. Dropping almost 100 adware items is unacceptable. It needs to be addressed. Otherwise, people won't come here.
I don't see them because I have "Adblocker Plus" installed and it keeps those damn things from being on here. I don't see any ads at all.

New people aren't coming here.

We used to have new people who were engaged and posting EVERY SINGLE DAY. And not the socks and trolls that we have now.

No person who comes here and takes in the crap that is encouraged in the allegedly "protected forums" along with all the horrific malware is going to waste any time. Anyone who has any degree of education that makes the mistake of checking out the CDZ would run screaming for the nearest exit.

Block the ads and it becomes a non issue.

3747722-you-sir-deserve-a-cookie.jpg.png

It's dying.

Aww, don't worry. No one wants to join a board full of losers , but now the pendulum is swinging back from the crazy far right, the sane posters will return as the insane ones get banned or flake off, and all will be well.

This isn't about partisan politics. That wasn't the intention of my post. But clearly, you felt compelled to make it about that. And that's because you're crazy. Trust me, you're not the 'sane' poster you see yourself as. The site dropping off a bit has nothing to do with political affiliations.

Wow, USMB just dropped nearly 100 Adware items on my computer. Slowin down to a crawl. Oh boy, not good.

Wow, USMB just dropped nearly 100 Adware items on my computer. Slowin down to a crawl. Oh boy, not good.
Download AdBlocker Plus. Then you won't have that problem.
Also, go into your control panel and click on "Internet Options". Then make sure your privacy settings are correct.
And, download and install CCleaner. Then run it at least once a day. It only takes 1 to 2 minutes to run each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back