What's UNDER stonehenge?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
AOL.com Article - Archaeologists discover 15 previously unknown monuments buried around Stonehenge

Hmmmmm.

There are many mysteries surrounding the ancient monuments at Stonehenge in Wiltshire, England. Researchers in Britain, working with experts at the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Archaeological Prospectionand Virtual Archaeology in Austria, have created the first underground survey of Stonehenge.

The collaborative effort lasted four years, and the results are startling: The survey of the site has turned up new clues to what really went on at Stonehenge.

The Daily Mail reports that a new technique has revealed 15 previously unknown Neolithic monuments around the mysterious monument in Wiltshire.And one archaeologist thinks they could provide evidence that the stone circle was at the heart of a busy heathen processional route over 4,000 years ago.

1928.jpg

:D

Mary Magdalene.

Duh.

Stonehenge - the pre-quel...

Hidden prehistoric monument discovered near Stonehenge
Sep. 7, 2015 — Researchers have discovered evidence of standing stones believed to be the remnants of a major prehistoric stone monument near the Stonehenge ruins.
University of Bradford researchers said Monday the monument is thought to have been built around 4,500 years ago. The Stonehenge Hidden Landscapes Project used remote sensing technologies to discover evidence that up to 100 stones formed the monument about 2 miles (3 kilometers) from Stonehenge.

460x.jpg

In this Tuesday Dec. 17, 2013 file photo, visitors take photographs of the world heritage

The evidence was found beneath three feet (one meter) of earth near the Durrington Walls. No excavation was needed during the investigation and none of the stones have been uncovered and removed.

Some of the stones are thought to have stood 15 feet (4.5 meters) tall before they were toppled. Researcher Vince Gaffney said the immense scale of the monument is unique.

Hidden prehistoric monument discovered near Stonehenge

Call me if you find my wallet..I lost it in a previous life there during a pagan orgy.....smelly, but fun..

Forum List

Back