What's this going to cost taxpayers? Several Million for the Obama’s 2 day trip?

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
To ensure fool-proof security, the President’s team has booked the entire the Taj Mahal Hotel, including 570 rooms, all banquets and restaurants. Since his security contingent and staff will comprise a huge number, 125 rooms at Taj President have also been booked, apart from 80 to 90 rooms each in Grand Hyatt and The Oberoi hotels. The NCPA, where the President is expected to meet representatives from the business community, has also been entirely booked.

The officer said, “Obama’s contingent is huge. There are two jumbo jets coming along with Air Force One, which will be flanked by security jets. There will be 30 to 40 secret service agents, who will arrive before him. The President’s convoy has 45 cars, including the Lincoln Continental in which the President travels.”

Barack and Michelle's Mumbai darshan plans - The Economic Times

Nearly 900 hotel rooms booked, all the banquets rooms and restaurants, etc, etc-- good grief. :eek:

Are you serious? You do not think booking just the Taj Mahal Hotel would have been enough? You really think that FOUR hotels near 900 rooms were needed for a 2 day trip? I can't see it sorry.

CaféAuLait;2879765 said:
Are you serious? You do not think booking just the Taj Mahal Hotel would have been enough? You really think that FOUR hotels near 900 rooms were needed for a 2 day trip? I can't see it sorry.

Yeah..basically I am.

He's going to the Taj Mahal. It was the site of one of India's worst terrorist attack. That he is STAYING there..is huge. It shows enormous trust in India and is a crucial symbolic gesture. And considering that this is a meeting with Business leaders in India..one of the most populous countries on the face of the earth..I'd say it was money well spent.

CaféAuLait;2879765 said:

Yeah..basically I am.

He's going to the Taj Mahal. It was the site of one of India's worst terrorist attack. That he is STAYING there..is huge. It shows enormous trust in India and is a crucial symbolic gesture. And considering that this is a meeting with Business leaders in India..one of the most populous countries on the face of the earth..I'd say it was money well spent.

I guess you did not read me. I said I may have understood the Taj Mahal and the 500 plus rooms, can you explain the three other hotels book for near 300 rooms? One entire hotle was not enough?

CaféAuLait;2879799 said:
CaféAuLait;2879765 said:

Yeah..basically I am.

I guess you did not read me. I said I may have understood the Taj Mahal and the 500 plus rooms, can you explain the three other hotels book for near 300 rooms? One entire hotle was not enough?

The attack on the Taj was very likely backed by the Pakistani Secret Police. It was extremely well run..these terrorists knew exactly what they were doing. And it was quite a blow against India..which was rattled to it's core. The Taj, from what I understand from my Girlfriend, who stayed there..is absolutely beautiful and the source of National Pride.

President Obama going to India..and actually staying at the Taj..is a blow against terrorism and a plus for international commerce. But it makes him a huge target.

CaféAuLait;2879799 said:
Yeah..basically I am.

The attack on the Taj was very likely backed by the Pakistani Secret Police. It was extremely well run..these terrorists knew exactly what they were doing. And it was quite a blow against India..which was rattled to it's core. The Taj, from what I understand from my Girlfriend, who stayed there..is absolutely beautiful and the source of National Pride.

President Obama going to India..and actually staying at the Taj..is a blow against terrorism and a plus for international commerce. But it makes him a huge target.

I’ve heard of a block of rooms, heck I get the entire Taj hotel being booked but I do not think I have ever heard of a 'block of Hotels' being booked. I understand what the Taj is. I do not get why a two day trip would take near one thousand hotel rooms a day in four hotels though.

CaféAuLait;2879844 said:
CaféAuLait;2879799 said:

I’ve heard of a block of rooms, heck I get the entire Taj hotel being booked but I do not think I have ever heard of a 'block of Hotels' being booked. I understand what the Taj is. I do not get why a two day trip would take near one thousand hotel rooms a day in four hotels though.

Again..the attack may have been backed by the Pakistani government. Given that recently Obama pulled funding on their troops that slaughtered civilians..they are pretty upset at this point.

Add in they just hate India..with a passion.

CaféAuLait;2879799 said:
CaféAuLait;2879765 said:

Yeah..basically I am.

What are the names of the hotels and there locations in relation to the TJM??

Again..the attack may have been backed by the Pakistani government. Given that recently Obama pulled funding on their troops that slaughtered civilians..they are pretty upset at this point.

Chances are these hotels are all connected underground, and OB & Wife maynot be staying at the TJM at all, but one of the other generic tells.

Read bottom of p.20 http://tiny.cc/f1zey

Last edited:

Chances are these hotels are all connected underground, and OB & Wife maynot be staying at the TJM at all, but one of the other generic tells.

No doubt.

The faux outrage is amazing.

I wonder just how much it cost when Bush went to war zones to thank the troops. Something I fully supported (Bush visiting..not the Iraq war at least). Money well spent.

Why doesn't he just write them a check for $200 million and stay home?

Forum List

Back