What's the value of immigration?

Before they do anything they need to close the border to all illegal immigrants. If they want a path to citizenship it should be adults that were brought here as children and have assimilated into the society. Anyone that has not finished high school, learned English, been convicted of a crime should be deported. If someone wants to immigrate to the U.S.A. they should plan on becoming Americans. If they want to be Mexicans, Cubans, Haitians or any other nationality they should stay home. If you come here become American, America is for Americans, Others are not welcome.

This nation was built by immigrants....it still is

I believe the borders should be sealed and anyone in the country that is not an American citizen should be deported. Call them anything you would care to call them, but illegal aliens are nothing more than criminals. People that want to come to America should come in a way that is legal and with the intention to become Americans. This bullshit about Afro-Americans, Latino-Americans or any other group that feels it is necessary to put a hyphen between their ethnic background and American should either just say they are American or get the hell out of the country.

Fantasy = This nation is built by immigrants
Reality = Mexican Reconquista is taking back the southwest.

I work as an Engineer. About 30% of the Engineers where I work were not born in this country
When I go to the Emergency Room at the hospital, most of the doctors and nurses are not from this country
Many of the stores, restaurants, gas stations and small businesses in my area are run by immigrants
When I hire a contractor to do work on my home, many of his workers are not native born

Immigrants built this country. They are still contributing to a major part of our economy

I work as an Engineer. About 30% of the Engineers where I work were not born in this country
When I go to the Emergency Room at the hospital, most of the doctors and nurses are not from this country
Many of the stores, restaurants, gas stations and small businesses in my area are run by immigrants
When I hire a contractor to do work on my home, many of his workers are not native born

Immigrants built this country. They are still contributing to a major part of our economy

We don't want to stop immigration, we want to stop ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT REALLY IMMIGRANTS, THEY ARE JUST CRIMINALS. If you take a good look at those engineers and store owners you will realize they did not cross the border illegally from Mexico. They came in legally from places like India and the Philippines where they got their education and and came here legally to contribute to the economy. We will also welcome anyone that comes here legally from Mexico. All immigrants should come here with a trade and ready to work and contribute to the economy and not live off the welfare we are so generous with.

We don't want to stop immigration, we want to stop ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT REALLY IMMIGRANTS, THEY ARE JUST CRIMINALS. If you take a good look at those engineers and store owners you will realize they did not cross the border illegally from Mexico. They came in legally from places like India and the Philippines where they got their education and and came here legally to contribute to the economy. We will also welcome anyone that comes here legally from Mexico. All immigrants should come here with a trade and ready to work and contribute to the economy and not live off the welfare we are so generous with.

Keep on topic

I was discussing the fact that the nation was built by immigrants and still is

Keep on topic

On topic is legal immigrants. You should specify if you are talking about the contribution legal immigrants made or all immigrants. You just said immigrants like you think they are the same.

Last edited:

Keep on topic

Pay attention. We're trying to tell you that there is a difference between Legal and Illegal Immigration. We don't want to reward lawbreaking illegal immigration.

My wife is a Legal Immigrant and deeply resents the illegals. I know she isn't the only one to feel that way.

Keep on topic

Pay attention. We're trying to tell you that there is a difference between Legal and Illegal Immigration. We don't want to reward lawbreaking illegal immigration.

My wife is a Legal Immigrant and deeply resents the illegals. I know she isn't the only one to feel that way.

actually, 'on topic' is the value of any immigration, not illegal immigration. look at the title of the thread and the article linked. and bbd seems to think anyone who isn't a citizen should be deported. i hope he means anyone here illegally and isn't including people here on visas and those with green cards.

Keep on topic

On topic is legal immigrants. You should specify if you are talking about the contribution legal immigrants made or all immigrants. You just said immigrants like you think they are the same.

Read the topic of the thread and the attached article....

But if you want to restrict discussion to illegal immigration, what is your proposed solution? Do you really think you can round up 12 million people and send them home? Sounds good on a bumper sticker but is impossible to execute.

I would like to provide a visitor worker status where they can work, pay taxes and contribute officially. I would also like to see a legitimate path towards citizenship.

Very interesting article indeed.

Back in 1875 the Sioux and Cheyenne Indians were asking themselves the same question. But because whites were doing the intruding , their concerns were dismissed and the Indians were slaughtered like dogs.

"In late 1875, Sioux and Cheyenne Indians defiantly left their reservations, outraged over the continued intrusions of whites into their sacred lands in the Black Hills. They gathered in Montana with the great warrior Sitting Bull to fight for their lands. The following spring, two victories over the US Cavalry emboldened them to fight on in the summer of 1876. "

Very interesting article indeed.

Back in 1875 the Sioux and Cheyenne Indians were asking themselves the same question. But because whites were doing the intruding , their concerns were dismissed and the Indians were slaughtered like dogs.

"In late 1875, Sioux and Cheyenne Indians defiantly left their reservations, outraged over the continued intrusions of whites into their sacred lands in the Black Hills. They gathered in Montana with the great warrior Sitting Bull to fight for their lands. The following spring, two victories over the US Cavalry emboldened them to fight on in the summer of 1876. "

A clash between two incompatable cultures.....one side lost

Engineers to build the tunnels that drug cartels use
Doctors and nurses to patch up the victims of Latino gangs
Stores, restaurants, gas stations need inside men to help rob them.
And anyone who would let an illegal into his house deserves to get fucked!

Try an experiment:

Go to a Latino neighborhood and to a crowded food store there.

Next, say the word "illegal" just above normal conversion level and see what happens.

I'll bet every yahoo within 10 feet gives you a dirty look yet illegal has many meaning.

My point? Even Latinos know this war is between all the races of Americans and LA RAZA.

Try an experiment: My point? Even Latinos know this war is between all the races of Americans and LA RAZA.

Bullshit:

The Mexican Repatriation
refers to a forced migration that took place between 1929 and 1939, when as many as one million people of Mexican descent were forced or pressured to leave the US. (The term "Repatriation," though commonly used, is inaccurate, since approximately 60% of those driven out were minor dependents born in the U.S. and citizens [1] The event, carried out by American authorities, took place without due process.[2] The Immigration and Naturalization Service targeted Mexicans because of "the proximity of the Mexican border, the physical distinctiveness of mestizos, and easily identifiable barrios." [3]

[
Bullshit:

The Mexican Repatriation
refers to a forced migration that took place between 1929 and 1939, when as many as one million people of Mexican descent were forced or pressured to leave the US. (The term "Repatriation," though commonly used, is inaccurate, since approximately 60% of those driven out were minor dependents born in the U.S. and citizens [1] The event, carried out by American authorities, took place without due process.[2] The Immigration and Naturalization Service targeted Mexicans because of "the proximity of the Mexican border, the physical distinctiveness of mestizos, and easily identifiable barrios." [3]

The LA RAZA version makes good propaganda.

Between 1929 and 1939 what was happening in the US? The Great Depression

The Mexican migrant was supposed to return to Mexico which they did not do. The had to be forced to leave because their presents here created poverty for the American patriots who just 10 years earlier fought in World War 1. Something Mexicans did not do.

Based on the nonsense you printed, the US might as well have thrown out all Asians too.

Forum List

Back