What’s the secret? How do you peel a hard-boiled egg without tearing it apart?

View attachment 165035
Yeah. Good eye. Jersey x brahma. They're dairy cattle.We take the males at 350 lb or so for meat. The longhorns are at my farm down at sea level where its hot and kinda dry~ish. I'm at 2700 feet here

so you have access to raw Jersey milk & cream????
LOL. I own 775 acres of organic bliss. I grow everything I need and even grow the feed for the animals I keep.
Well I have a golden penis capable of making infertile women pregnant...

You're as bad as the guy withe the wire brush +1/2" drill peeling potatoes in a 5-gallon bucket

Seriously, you pop the fatter end and the peel should come off all at once, or in 3 or less pieces.

Cooling them immediately is the trick. I used to boil 9 eggs a week and keep them in the fridge.
I have a dozen toucans so I peel a dozen chicken eggs every single morning...since 2005. That's their protein source.
View attachment 165023

Isn't that quasi-cannibalistic for a bird?
Kinda sorta I suppose but having studied the critters for some 32 years now they eat any egg than can steal from another birds nest, tree frogs out of the cups of bromeliads, sardines in fresh water streams, crayfish. They're actually mean fuckers in the wild. In captivity they have to have protein without iron content( high iron will kill them) so the amino acid profile of the chicken egg is perfect. My oldest is 12 now and in perfect health so my system is a proven one.

I guess beef and bear is out of the question.
Hahaha. Not for me it aint !
View attachment 165026
I wish I could afford to get fish in that quantity, at an affordable price; here in the states... Fish. Any kinds of actual fish... Are outrageously priced here to the point of being a delicacy... Fish is my favorite meat. I'll take pan seared tuna over any steak; any day...

View attachment 165035
Yeah. Good eye. Jersey x brahma. They're dairy cattle.We take the males at 350 lb or so for meat. The longhorns are at my farm down at sea level where its hot and kinda dry~ish. I'm at 2700 feet here

so you have access to raw Jersey milk & cream????
LOL. I own 775 acres of organic bliss. I grow everything I need and even grow the feed for the animals I keep.
Well done. When I retire; I'm most likely headed to SA to maximize my cash.

It’s time to get away from politics for a moment and talk about something important for a change.

I carefully peeled a couple of hard-boiled eggs today and both were kind of torn up when I was finished. I can’t remember this happening when I was young. For Easter we’d hard boil loads of eggs to color and hide and I don't remember them being hard to peel, while keeping the finished egg intact.

About a year ago I saw this question discussed on a forum for chefs. They apparently have the same problems. They talked about new eggs, old eggs, peel under running water. But they seemed more baffled than confident, and I can’t remember any solid answers being suggested.

So, how is it done? What is your secret?
Ah, poor lefties can't figure out how to peel a hard boiled egg. Who knew they needed help? Obviously no one or we'd have an entire federal bureaucracy dedicated to several huge overlapping counterproductive departments, agencies, aides up the ass, and providing both the House and Senate oversight committees more opportunity to shirk their responsibilities while dedicating their lives to public service...
Thanks for your thoughtful and intelligent comment, cocksucker.

I have a dozen toucans so I peel a dozen chicken eggs every single morning...since 2005. That's their protein source.
View attachment 165023

Kinda sorta I suppose but having studied the critters for some 32 years now they eat any egg than can steal from another birds nest, tree frogs out of the cups of bromeliads, sardines in fresh water streams, crayfish. They're actually mean fuckers in the wild. In captivity they have to have protein without iron content( high iron will kill them) so the amino acid profile of the chicken egg is perfect. My oldest is 12 now and in perfect health so my system is a proven one.

View attachment 165026
I wish I could afford to get fish in that quantity, at an affordable price; here in the states... Fish. Any kinds of actual fish... Are outrageously priced here to the point of being a delicacy... Fish is my favorite meat. I'll take pan seared tuna over any steak; any day...

All you need is a license and to know where to get them. :D

I'm not real fond of the having to have a license part.

Last time I went fishing, it was bowfishing out of a johnboat in a dug and stocked pond. :rolleyes:

View attachment 165026

All you need is a license and to know where to get them. :D

I'm not real fond of the having to have a license part.

Last time I went fishing, it was bowfishing out of a johnboat in a dug and stocked pond. :rolleyes:
Not many Tuna in the fishing holes around here. As for the others... Time...

It’s time to get away from politics for a moment and talk about something important for a change.

I carefully peeled a couple of hard-boiled eggs today and both were kind of torn up when I was finished. I can’t remember this happening when I was young. For Easter we’d hard boil loads of eggs to color and hide and I don't remember them being hard to peel, while keeping the finished egg intact.

About a year ago I saw this question discussed on a forum for chefs. They apparently have the same problems. They talked about new eggs, old eggs, peel under running water. But they seemed more baffled than confident, and I can’t remember any solid answers being suggested.

Ah, poor lefties can't figure out how to peel a hard boiled egg. Who knew they needed help? Obviously no one or we'd have an entire federal bureaucracy dedicated to several huge overlapping counterproductive departments, agencies, aides up the ass, and providing both the House and Senate oversight committees more opportunity to shirk their responsibilities while dedicating their lives to public service...

You're all going to love these:

Easy peel hard-boiled eggs @ Easy peel hard-boiled eggs

The Science of Cooking a Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg
Read more: The Science of Cooking a Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg | Smart News | Smithsonian

And I'm sure there are dozens more.

This works well.............. STEAM them for large eggs 13 minutes covered as soon as they are dump them into ICE cold water they peel as easy as pulling that toilet paper off the roll lol.

You're all going to love these:

Easy peel hard-boiled eggs @ Easy peel hard-boiled eggs

The Science of Cooking a Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg
Read more: The Science of Cooking a Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg | Smart News | Smithsonian

And I'm sure there are dozens more.
Wow. Tons of information. Amazing how many people have problems boiling eggs (and especially peeling them).

I actually read both pages, then followed the link to the source article. From what I've read I'm probably screwing up by starting the eggs cold (the chef goes into detail about this).

It seems like a lot of trouble to go through to get this information, but most people seem to eat a lot of eggs, and it's a real pain to have them come out badly time after time. So this information will probably prove helpful to a lot of USMB members over time.

Thanks again, longknife.

==
I also tried the Martha Stewart method of peeling hard boiled eggs, starting by cracking the big end then peeling gently down and around the egg. This helped quite a bit compared to what I was doing before.

I have a small thingie that hard boils 7 eggs. Add water to the level and when the water is gone, it sets off an alarm and I un-plug it. Let them cool off, then put them in cold water. Easy to peel.

New Topics

Forum List

Back