What's the point of having pets?

Shattered said:
Shedding? Brush them. Fleas? Don't let them outside. Smell? Clean the litterbox. I've had cats all my life.. I can't possibly imagine my life without them...

I couldn't agree more.
454.gif

The ClayTaurus said:
How difficult is your pug to take care of?

Very easy although he is a hairy little bastard. Even though they are short haired they still shed a lot.

You just need to make sure to clean their wrinkles from time to time to prevent bacteria build up, and keep them out of extremely hot weather. They don't pant (which is how dogs cool off) so if in 90+ weather for longer than an hour or so could kill them.

Otherwise, the little bastards have a life expectancy of 14-17 years!

jimnyc said:
Very easy although he is a hairy little bastard. Even though they are short haired they still shed a lot.

You just need to make sure to clean their wrinkles from time to time to prevent bacteria build up, and keep them out of extremely hot weather. They don't pant (which is how dogs cool off) so if in 90+ weather for longer than an hour or so could kill them.

Can we assume his name is little bastard? :D

jimnyc said:

I want one so that I can trick it into running into walls over and over and over. Plus, my bro's friend's pug is a sucker for string cheese. :thup:

The ClayTaurus said:
I want one so that I can trick it into running into walls over and over and over. Plus, my bro's friend's pug is a sucker for string cheese. :thup:

They're suckers for ANYTHING. Mine dines regularly in the litter box and actually tried to munch on a damn rock once!

jimnyc said:
They're suckers for ANYTHING. Mine dines regularly in the litter box and actually tried to munch on a damn rock once!
There must be something special about cat poop, dogs seem to love it.
Now that I think about it, they'll eat anything. :)

Mr. P said:

I had a Miniature Pinscher that would eat jalapenos like they were going out of style.

Mr. P said:

Cat food is very high in protein, usually around 30%. Dog food is much lower. Maybe the protein in the litterbox jewels is still a high percentage.....who knows? My Afghan would find piles of cow shit or dead animals and would have a blast rolling around in it. Luckily I had a jeep that I never had the top on.

sitarro said:
Cat food is very high in protein, usually around 30%. Dog food is much lower. Maybe the protein in the litterbox jewels is still a high percentage.....who knows? My Afghan would find piles of cow shit or dead animals and would have a blast rolling around in it. Luckily I had a jeep that I never had the top on.
My last dog would do that same thing, the more stink the better. In her mind anyway.

fuzzykitten99 said:
my grandparents used to have a grey persian by the same name! I can never figure out how they gave a male cat the name Mischa... I think it was because they thought the cat was female for a long time, but I am not 100% sure. I should probably ask them.

Wasn't that Mikhail Baryshnikov's nickname too? Maybe it is a Russian shortened version of Mikhail.

Nuc said:
You've got to be kidding!

They bring all kinds of great things into your life.....allergies, fleas, expensive visits to the vet, scratches, air borne filth, regular old filth, noise pollution.

Living in NYC for ten years turned me against dogs and their owners permanently. Cats, like 'em but I'm allergic.

Give me something with scales and I'm OK with that.

I'd consider a dog if I lived in the country, but I don't think they belong in the city, or anywhere they don't have room to act like dogs without bothering humans.

Yeah that's the same mentality I have. If I lived in a farm I believe I would stop at nothing to get a doggy. In the suburbs though, I just dont see the point.

Do your friends/neighbors get angry when your smelly dogs jump all over them or lick them in their new clothes.

Semper Fi said:
Yeah that's the same mentality I have. If I lived in a farm I believe I would stop at nothing to get a doggy. In the suburbs though, I just dont see the point.

Do your friends/neighbors get angry when your smelly dogs jump all over them or lick them in their new clothes.

I used to love it when I would go to the park in NYC (which is supposed to have leash laws) and a dog would jump up on me. The owner invariably says "Don't worry he's a friendly dog!"

I would say, "I'm not a friendly human. Get this f*&^%ng dog offa me!"

Another time I was playing music in the park with my eyes clothes when I felt something strange. A dog was pissing on my foot!

Nuc said:
I used to love it when I would go to the park in NYC (which is supposed to have leash laws) and a dog would jump up on me. The owner invariably says "Don't worry he's a friendly dog!"

I would say, "I'm not a friendly human. Get this f*&^%ng dog offa me!"

Another time I was playing music in the park with my eyes clothes when I felt something strange. A dog was pissing on my foot!

Once a dog pissed on my backpack when I was shooting my BB gun. The owners were very nice about it though, they washed it and offered to pay for it. Because they were so nice to me I decided not to be an asshole.

However, the past neighbor's we've had who's dogs insist on barking throughout the day and night I have little sympathy for. I was pretty close to taking care of it if you know what I mean.

Forum List

Back