What's the plan for Rational Republicans?

Sometimes it's just the shred of hope that maybe logical reasoning and rational thought is a possibility, in which people want. A realm where logical reasoning and rational thought can survive, is much better than a realm where concrete preordained ideals can be justified as legitimate.

It's not perfect. But it's a step in the right direction.

A step in the right direction would be for you to realize that you just posted this as one of those concrete, preordained ideals you just got done abhorring, instead of the matter of personal opinion (yours) that it actually is.

Children and the emotionally immature are so damned funny. They should really go out and take over the world now while they still know everything, before they grow up and realize that obnoxious arrogance was masquerading as knowledge and brilliance after all.
Are you going to say anything that makes sense yet? Or are you simply going to continue to make excuses for how ridiculous the religious Right makes the Republicans look?

When you give your answer, make sure to quote the passage you got it from.

Boom!

What cec' said made perfect sense sis... that such escaped you, doesn't begin to discredit what she said; to the contrary, your failure to comprehend simple reasoning is a function of your being ill-equipped to do so; and this a direct result of God being the source of reason; which is a source that those who reject fellowship with the father are simply unable to tap...

But... hey... You're doing the best ya can, God bless ya... so ya have that goin' for ya.

I don't simply internalize the things the Robertsons and Dobsons of the world say. I completely understand that their message can be more political than spiritual, and occasionally they give into the combative nature of politics more than they should. But I don't think it's entirely fair to cast aspersions on the Religious Right on the words of a handful of people, popular or not, rich or not, nor do I think it's fair to act as if they're part of the problem because they occasionally step off the pulpit onto the soapbox.

This whole discussion came about because you asked me why I felt the way I do about the Religious Right. I have done nothing but give you my reasons. The Religious Right has none of the love of Christ left in their message, period!

If they want to speak for me and other Christians, then they should put the Religion... the Faith, back into their message and/or they should be willing to hear our complaints and if they are not going to put the Faith back into their message, they sure as heck should quit sending us mail bragging about all the "good" they are doing and asking us to send every dime we can spare to help them brag some more.

Immie

First of all, the Religious Right didn't become politically active because of abortion or Roe v. Wade... most of them believed the law was fair...

The Religious Right became politically active because in the late 70's the IRS went after Robert Jones University because of the school's racially discriminatory policies, which threatened their tax exempt status...

They're NOT Christians, they're racists and right wing fascists...

The Abortion Myth

Dobson doesn't JUST tell those Doctors, women and abortion advocates that they're going to hell... which they are, if they do no turn from their sin and accept God's grace... He also spends an inordinate amount of time telling them about God's grace.

Do you think they have any chance of hearing about his grace when all that they hear is the condemnation? Do you think they get passed the condemnation or have they quit listening a long time ago?

But there are two sides to God's grace... the side of Grace and the side for those who reject it. One would be remiss to only speak of grace and omit the consequences of such.

You seem to be saying that Dobson's position is judgmental... you seem to be saying that God is not judgmental... and frankly Immie... if that is what you're saying, it's ludicrous.

God is all about the judgment... and the judgment from which there is no escape. One can rationalize around their behavior all day, every day... one may even enjoy the crippling sanctuary of popular cultural opinion; but the simple fact is that there is right and there is wrong and where one rejects the immutable principles... rejects the sacred wisdom inherent in those principles... one IS subject to God's judgment and that is without regard to Dobson investing his time to try and make us aware of it, or not.

Don't be fooled... as such is not an excuse; and I suspect it is the least of them all.

I don't very often read your posts anymore because I don't feel that you really mean what you say and quite frankly there are times I believe you speak in hate. This time I read it and I very much appreciate your response. (rep to follow)

I agree with you about God's judgment and wrath completely.

I do not agree that it is our job to push those who do not see eye to eye with us into that judgment and wrath. It is rather our job to pull them from it. I think we are going about this issue completely wrong here. We can't "scare" them to Christ. We need to offer them Christ. God will convict their hearts in his time despite what we do, if it is his desire and you and I both know that it is.

There were times that God told his Prophets to speak of his wrath to the people and when I think about those times I find myself conflicted but then Christ's message was one of forgiveness through his blood and love. I think of Eph 2:8-9 all the time. We are saved by Grace and nothing we or anyone else do will change that.

Did Christ use fear or love to draw people to him? I think it was love.

God is all about the judgment

True, but Christ is all about sanctification/justification from that judgment. Christ is our advocate. I would rather lead those who sin, to the advocate than to the execution chamber.

I have likened the "Religious Right" to the Pharisees. I see them as Pharisees not as prophets and lately I have to include Dr. Dobson in that group. The Pharisees were called vipers by Christ because they were concerned with their own righteousness and believed that they were justified because of that righteousness. Christ shot them down repeatedly. I believe Pat Robertson is guilty of that very thing. Dr. Dobson seems somewhat different to me, almost like a Nicodemus, but I believe that his message has been blocked by his political activisim. He has stepped too far into the political realm for his message to be received.

God is about judgment. Christ is about forgiveness. Where do you want to take sinners?

Immie

I used to be a republican, right up until they forced the RINO mclame and Palin on me as my only choice. I'm fed up. Fed up completely with the two party system. It's FAILED us so far, and we need something different. So I registered as an independent, and that's the way I'll vote from now on. I'll vote for, or write in, whoever best represents my ideology.

PaleRider, the Eat Shit Party welcomes you. You've been eating shit and voting for those who fed you shit for all these years?

Slow on the uptake, eh?

:lol:

Forum List

Back